Gastritis is a digestive disorder that consists of inflammation of the inner layer that surrounds our stomach, also known as the gastric mucosa. Among its possible causes we find that this condition can be caused by an excess of alcohol, smoking tobacco, poor digestion of some foods, taking medications or by some infection in the stomach, mainly of a bacterial type. Although symptoms can vary from individual to individual, the most common are upset stomach, burning or heartburn, and nausea, among others.
Although if the doctor assigns a treatment with medications you have to follow his advice, there are also some natural remedies that can help you relieve the symptoms of gastritis, so they are suitable to reinforce the medical treatment or take them alone, without taking medication, when the problem is mild. One of them is potato juice, which contains digestive properties to combat this condition. That is why, in the following article of, we explain how to prepare potato juice for gastritis. Notes!
Properties of potatoes to cure gastritis
Potatoes, also known as potatoes, are tubers that are extracted from a plant that belongs to the Solanaceae family and is commonly called patatera, and that has the scientific name of Solanum tuberosum L. Potatoes are especially rich in different vitamins (C, B3, B6, B9 and A), carbohydrates and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and phosphorus, among others. All this gives you the following properties of potatoes to combat gastritis:
- Potatoes are an excellent remedy for gastritis and other digestive problems due to their demulcent properties. This means that, thanks to them, the potato works as a protector that also repairs the gastric mucosa or layer that surrounds the stomach.
- These tubers also have excellent anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation of the gastric mucosa and, therefore, directly combat this digestive problem.
- Potato juice also works as a digestive tonic as it helps relieve other symptoms of this condition such as cramps, nausea, and general malaise. It also has antacid properties, that is, alkaline properties, so it reduces heartburn.
- In the event that gastritis has appeared due to a bacterial infection, potato juice is still an effective remedy for its antibacterial properties, so it will eliminate these microorganisms accumulated in the stomach and prevent them from reappearing.
- Finally, it also has properties that stimulate the immune system, so it helps to increase defenses and, therefore, to prevent and combat different conditions, such as gastritis.
How potato juice is prepared to cure gastritis
Now that we know the properties of these tubers for gastrointestinal health, we explain how to make potato juice to treat gastritis. To do this, we will need the following ingredients and follow these steps:
- 2 ripe potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon natural honey
Preparation and treatment
- First of all, we will take two medium-sized potatoes and, if possible, that they are somewhat ripe and we will wash them to remove the soil from the skin.
- Now we will fill a saucepan with water and wait until the liquid begins to boil. At the moment that the boiling begins you will have to put the two potatoes in the water and let them cook until they are boiled.
- Once you have the two boiled potatoes, remove the skin and cut them into pieces.
- Put the pieces of the potatoes in a blender along with a glass of water, you can use what is left after boiling them and add more, and process the ingredients until you get the potato juice.
- Add the tablespoon of honey to the juice to give it a more pleasant taste and take advantage of its benefits for the digestive system, as it is also advisable to take it in case of gastritis. Thus, this remedy will already be ready to consume.
For this remedy to be effective, you will have to take it between 2 and 3 times a day until you begin to notice yourself better. Never take the potato directly raw, as it could make you feel bad making gastritis worse.
Other Natural Remedies to Cure Gastritis
In addition to potato juice, there are also other natural remedies that have excellent digestive properties to relieve the symptoms of this disorder in the digestive system. Among the most popular home remedies for gastritis, we find:
- Avocado and apple juice: it is a drink with a high fiber content, so it has digestive properties that relieve acidity and burning in the stomach. Add in a blender the pulp of two avocados along with four chopped apples and beat the ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Barley water: it is a drink with powerful anti-inflammatory properties, ideal for fighting gastritis. Soak in a cup of water a handful of barley grains and let them sit overnight. The next day, strain the drink and drink it.
- Chamomile infusion: This medicinal plant has anti-inflammatory properties. To prepare chamomile, add two sachets of this herb to a cup of boiled water and let them sit for 5-10 minutes. Drink this infusion three times a day.
- Aloe vera syrup: This juice contains antibacterial and regenerating properties, so it helps repair the gastric mucosa. Buy this syrup in an herbalist and take three tablespoons a day, if possible before each meal. Another option is to take the aloe vera itself, instead of buying the syrup. In this other article we tell you how to take aloe vera for gastritis.