The pace of life and work that we lead today forces us to live with a screen in front of us that can damage our eyesight. In most jobs that exist today, the employee has to spend long hours in front of a computer and, as if that were not enough, the moments of rest end up becoming moments spent looking at social networks or watching series and films.
Exercises to relax the eyes
To alleviate the discomfort caused by daily screen viewing and to make eye fatigue disappear, it is best to do some daily exercises. Follow the tips below:
- See the dark : get comfortable with your arms resting on a flat surface. He closes his eyes and puts the palms of his hands over his eyes so that they are in complete darkness. Breathe slowly and deeply until you feel relaxed for two minutes. Remove your hands little by little so that the light does not damage your eyes and you can get used to it.
- Roll your eyes sideways : This is a very useful and relaxing type of eye gymnastics. You just have to keep your head straight and look as far away as you can with your gaze. For 5 seconds, keep your eyes fixed on each of the four sides (up, down, left, right). Repeat it three times.
- Massage the eyes : Gently use the tips of your fingers and, with your eyes closed, massage the area under the eyebrows in circular movements. You can also massage your eyes by keeping them closed and frowning for 2-3 seconds. Open them and relax the muscles of the entire eye area. Repeat this exercise 10 times and you will soon notice its effects.
- Exercise to improve dry eyes : look forward with your head straight and relax all the muscles of your face. Open and close your eyes about 20 times, always keeping your muscles relaxed and making movements smooth and effortless.
Eye exercises to improve eyesight
As we have mentioned, working and/or spending a lot of time in front of a screen causes damage to the eyes, which is why, in recent years, the number of people suffering from problems such as myopia, astigmatism and hyperopia has increased. In order to improve this situation, it is best to perform exercises that help you improve vision:
- Look away : If you're working, look away from the screen and focus on something to give your eyes a rest. Keep your eyes relaxed for 20 seconds before you start moving your eyes from side to side and go back to work.
- Give them heat to your eyes : rubbing your hands and putting the palm on the eyes, you can give them the necessary heat to relax. Apply a little pressure, always gently so as not to hurt yourself.
- Adapt distances : You can achieve this by looking at all the objects around you for a few minutes. This exercise serves to improve focus, since when we have our eyes fixed on a distance, looking at objects that are close makes the eye work and not get used to a single image.
- Self-massage in the eye sockets : with this exercise, in addition to improving your vision, you will relieve any headache that may be caused by tired eyesight. With the ring fingers of each of your hands, apply pressure where the nasal septum begins, at each end of the eyebrows. Raise your fingers to your forehead without letting go of pressure, always with your eyes closed. Then, repeat the same but instead of pointing your fingers up, bring them under the eyes, as if you wanted to smooth out your dark circles. With these exercises you will be able to relieve muscle tension and, when you return to work, you will feel much more relaxed.
Following these eye exercise tips for nearsightedness and other vision problems will help you reduce eye fatigue and feel more rejuvenated eyesight, which is becoming more and more difficult in today's digital age.
Exercises for dry eyes
For the same reasons that we have mentioned, the screens also end up causing eye dryness and redness, which generates eye discomfort and discomfort. Therefore, it is best to take precautions and avoid drying out your eyes. If it's already late and dry eyes are already part of your daily life, you can resort to the following tricks:
- Blink continuously : For 20-30 seconds, open and close your eyes very often so that the eyelid helps lubricate the eye. Related to this advice we find the issue of hydration, as it is extremely important that you drink at least 2 liters of water a day and stay well hydrated.
- Roll your eyes : This exercise may sound strange to you, but the truth is that closing your eyes and turning them clockwise for a minute can help you a lot.
Other tips to improve your eye health
- Wear glasses : in the following article, we help you find out if you need glasses or not . However, even if you don't need glasses to see far or near, you should protect your eyes from the wind and the sun at all times, so to avoid risks, we recommend that you get good sunglasses.
- Lubricate the eyes with artificial tears : to prevent eye dryness, burning and redness, artificial tears can become your best allies.
- Use filters : finally we suggest you use filters for the computer. Whether you wear glasses or not, there are lenses that reduce blue light from your computer, one of the main culprits of eye pain.