Cleansing the colon with apple cider vinegar is a natural remedy that can help us eliminate all the toxins accumulated in this portion of the large intestine and thus improve its functioning and the health of the entire organism. When we have bad eating habits and to this, we add an inactive life and contact with external pollutants, a series of toxic substances and waste accumulate in our body that can pose health problems in the short and long term. Therefore, it is recommended to pay attention to food and consumer foods with detoxifying and purifying properties that help the body to get rid of these toxic substances. Apple cider vinegar is one of the best products to detoxify the colon naturally, and in this article, we show what all its benefits are and how it should be used. Next, we find out how to cleanse the colon with apple cider vinegar.
Why it's good to cleanse your colon
The colon is the last portion of the digestive system and is responsible for extracting the last nutrients from the food ingested to subsequently transform the waste into fecal matter and allow a good expulsion of it. Over time, whether due to inadequate nutrition or pollution of the environment, many toxins accumulate in our internal organs, including the colon, which can affect your health and impair your normal functions.
A colon full of toxins can increase the risk of suffering from several health problems, such as headaches, digestive problems, bloating, weakened immune system, weight gain, fatigue, among others. That is why it is so important to repair the cleansing and detoxification of the colon to protect its health and ensure its proper functioning. This can be done by modifying the diet, making use of some natural products, leading healthy lifestyle habits or in a professional way when necessary and so recommended by a specialist. Among the main benefits of colon cleansing are the following:
- Improves digestion.
- Prevents constipation.
- Removes gases.
- Promotes weight loss.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Increases energy.
- Improves the absorption of vitamins and nutrients.
- Reduces swelling.
- Improves mood.
- Improves the overall well-being of the body.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar to cleanse the colon
Among the most effective home remedies to cleanse the colon, apple cider vinegar stands out. This product in its organic version has very powerful detoxifying properties, which help eliminate all toxic substances and waste that, over time, accumulate and lodge in the intestines. In addition to this, its alkaline properties are excellent for reducing the level of acidity in the blood and preventing many gastrointestinal diseases and cardiovascular problems.
Below, we detail what are the most important benefits and properties of apple cider vinegar to cleanse the colon:
- It helps to break down food more easily.
- Improves intestinal transit.
- Eliminates accumulated toxins.
- Regulates appetite favoring weight loss.
- It makes the body have a better ability to absorb nutrients.
- Increases the body's defenses.
- Decreases heartburn.
- Prevents and fights swelling.
- It is a good natural remedy for people suffering from irritable bowel.
How to cleanse the colon with apple cider vinegar and honey
To cleanse the colon with apple cider vinegar naturally, we propose to mix this product with honey so that the remedy is doubly effective and produces a faster detoxification. The reason is that honey is full of vitamins, minerals, fiber and natural enzymes that, in addition to improving the general health of the body, are ideal for protecting the bacterial flora and favoring the elimination of toxins accumulated in the colon. In addition, it also improves digestion, prevents constipation, prevents infections thanks to its antibiotic properties and increases the body's energy.
To use this remedy of apple cider vinegar and honey to cleanse the colon, the following recipe should be followed:
- 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure honey
- 1 glass of mineral water
- In a saucepan, pour the water and heat.
- Let stand until the water warms.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and honey and stir with a spoon until completely dissolved.
- Drink slowly when you are still warm.
It is best to take the preparation of apple cider vinegar and honey on an empty stomach for about 3 weeks. This natural colon detoxification can be done again after about 2 or 3 months. It is important to note that for this remedy to be effective, it must be combined with a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables. We recommend consulting the following article of in which we show good foods to detoxify the body.
Other Remedies to Cleanse the Colon Naturally
Apart from a good diet and leading an active life away from a sedentary lifestyle, there are other products that can help cleanse the colon at home naturally. Some of them are:
- Flax seeds – help cleanse the intestines completely, have laxative properties and stimulate intestinal transit. In the following article, we explain how to cleanse the colon with flax seeds.
- Infusions with purifying and detoxifying properties: ginger tea, artichoke tea, mint and dandelion infusion, fennel infusion, thyme infusion.
- Apple juice: dissolves toxins while improving gastrointestinal and liver health.
- Warm water with lemon: improves the process of digestion, cleanses the colon and prevents the feeling of bloating after meals.
- Aloe vera juice: Aloe vera is good for removing the accumulation of toxic fecal matter, improving the absorption of nutrients, regenerating cells and protecting the main functions of the intestine and stomach. More remedies like this in the article How to make juices to cleanse the colon.