Intestinal gas, in addition to being somewhat uncomfortable and embarrassing especially when you are in public, is usually accompanied by other stomach problems such as belly pains, abdominal bloating and heartburn in the stomach, among others. These gases are usually caused by our eating habits, such as eating flatulent foods, chewing incorrectly and eating with our mouths open. However, they can also have other causes such as the intake of some medications (such as laxatives), suffering from anxiety and even tend to be one of the symptoms of suffering from a food intolerance.
Whatever the reason why you are having this digestive problem, one of the most popular remedies to combat this flatulence is apple cider vinegar, since it has different properties that help our digestive system. That is why in the following article of, we explain how to take apple cider vinegar for gases. Notes!
Properties of apple cider vinegar for gases
Apple cider vinegar is a natural product that is mainly used to dress salads and as a food condiment for other dishes because of its acidic flavor. However, it can also be used as a home remedy to reduce gases due to the following properties:
- Carminative properties: apple cider vinegar is a food condiment with excellent carminative properties thanks to its richness in different acids and flavonoids. Thanks to this effect, this liquid becomes a good remedy that favors the expulsion of gases and helps prevent their appearance.
- Reduces stomach discomfort: these carminative properties that vinegar has also help reduce some problems that are due to the accumulation of gas such as abdominal swelling, stomach heaviness or the discomfort we feel in the upper abdomen.
- Regulates the pH of our body: another cause why sometimes we have more gas than normal is due to poor digestion and heartburn. This product has properties that regulate the pH of our body and therefore, favors the breakdown of food during digestion, which reduces flatulence and acids accumulated in the stomach.
- Antibacterial properties: thanks to its richness in acids such as acetic, lactic and isobutyric acids, apple cider vinegar has excellent antibacterial properties that help eliminate the accumulation of bacteria that cause infections and stomach problems such as gas.
- Improves constipation: finally, thanks to the digestive properties that this condiment has due to its richness in flavonoids and pectin’s, it also helps relieve other problems related to the digestive system such as constipation and intestinal gas.
How to Take Apple Cider Vinegar for Gases
Now that we know the digestive properties of apple cider vinegar, then we will explain how to use this home remedy to eliminate annoying stomach gas. To do this, we will simply need the following amounts of these ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar.
- 1 glass of mineral water.
Preparation and treatment
- Heat a glass of mineral water in the microwave and then let it cool until it is warm.
- Now add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in the warm water and stir the mixture well so that the product is well diluted.
- Take the preparation before the meal taking small sips.
- Optional: you can add a tablespoon of honey to the diluted vinegar to make the taste more pleasant.
Take this preparation half an hour before each meal.
You may also be interested in how to eliminate gases with bicarbonate.
Apple cider vinegar and ginger to reduce flatulence
Another popular remedy for this problem is to mix apple cider vinegar with ginger root, since this plant has anti-inflammatory, digestive and carminative properties that favors the expulsion of gases. To make it, you will need:
- 1 slice of ginger root.
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.
- 1 glass of water.
Preparation and treatment
- Heat a glass of water in a saucepan and, when it starts to boil, add a slice of ginger root.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Then strain the contents and when the drink has become warm, add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Stir the contents until everything is well diluted and then take the preparation.
Use this remedy when you have an excess of gases. You may also be interested in How to Remove Foul-Smelling Gas.
Other home remedies for gas
In addition to apple cider vinegar, there are other home remedies that help eliminate gas. Among them, we find:
- Pineapple: the flavonoids and water content of this fruit makes it ideal for gas removal. To enjoy its benefits, you will only have to take a slice of pineapple after the main meals.
- Cinnamon infusion: it has digestive properties that favor the expulsion of gases and prevents other digestive problems such as bloating and abdominal pain. Just prepare an infusion by mixing two tablespoons of cinnamon and hot water and take it after the main meal.
- Lemon juice: its diuretic and digestive properties that gives it its richness in acids and flavonoids helps prevent the accumulation of gases in the stomach. You will only have to mix the juice of a lemon with a glass of water and take it in the morning on an empty stomach.
You may also be interested in how to take ginger for gas.