Guava is a fruit that is attributed important properties to lose weight and to stay at the ideal weight. They are benefits for the organism that are not only present in its fruit, but are also found in guava leaves. A reason why they have been used for many years to make infusions and tisanes with the aim of going down on the scale. In fact, it is the most common way to consume them. In addition, it has the advantage of being a drink that is pleasant to the palate. However, its proper preparation requires a series of steps.
From, we are going to explain how to prepare guava leaf tea to lose weight so that you can take it and help you get the silhouette you want, but always in a healthy way.
Properties of guava leaves for weight loss
Guava is one of the recommended fruits for weight loss. Among its benefits is that it has few calories, in addition to being a good cocktail of vitamins and antioxidants that the body needs for its proper functioning and not accumulate toxins.
They are properties that are also found in guava leaves that, likewise, help to lose weight. In fact, for many years they have been attributed important slimming properties that are transferred to the tea that is prepared to benefit from them in an easy and simple way. These are the main properties of guava leaves for weight loss:
- Activates metabolism: the consumption of guava leaf tea helps to activate and accelerate the metabolism. Thus, less fat accumulates and weight loss is favored.
- Diuretic and detoxifying effect: guava leaf tea helps cleanse the body. It acts as a purifier, so that it contributes to the elimination of toxins, which are often one of the causes of taking extra pounds. In addition, it is of great help to perform digestion correctly, thus facilitating weight loss.
- Regulates sugar or glucose: it has also been proven that guava leaves contribute to lower blood sugar absorption, as well as making it difficult for complex carbohydrates to be converted into it. In this way, the amount of sugar in the body is minimized and does not accumulate as much in the event that it does not burn if it is not transformed into energy.
How to Prepare Guava Leaf Tea for Weight Loss
If you want to take advantage of these properties to lose weight, but you do not know how to prepare guava leaf tea to lose weight, we are going to tell you in this section all the steps you have to do to prepare the tisane well.
For the preparation, you only need 3 guava leaves, which you can find in some supermarkets or in herbalists and dietetic stores and natural products, mainly. Once you have them, you just have to follow these steps:
- Put water to boil (the amount should be a little more than the cup you are going to drink).
- When it is about to boil, pour the water into a cup.
- Add three guava leaves. If they are small, you can put four.
- Cover the saucepan well and let the water rest with the guava leaves in about ten minutes.
- After that time, strain the infusion.
With these simple steps, you have guava tea ready to drink it and start losing weight. But don't forget that it's not miraculous. It only helps you regulate weight, but you must follow good eating habits and physical activity to notice great benefits.
You can also include this fruit regularly in your diet, eating it directly or you can prepare guava juice.
How much guava leaf tea I can drink to lose weight
Although guava leaf tea is beneficial and is made with its leaves, it is important not to abuse because it does not stop also having a diuretic effect, which in excess can cause the body to lose too many vitamins and minerals that it needs to function properly.
In this way, it is recommended to take guava leaf tea to lose weight 2 times a day at most. Ideally, you should take one cup on an empty stomach in the morning to help purify and cleanse the body well, while the other cup is drunk at night to avoid the accumulation of the toxins of the day and because the body regenerates more during the hours of sleep.
The time you can drink guava leaf tea should be about 15 days, especially if you drink two cups a day. Then, you can rest so as not to force too much the purification of the organism, being possible to take it again after fifteen days approximately. And so, on until you get to be at your healthy weight.
With these tips on how to prepare guava leaf tea for weight loss, we hope in we have helped you. We recommend that for weight control you always consult with doctors and specialists to indicate the most suitable guidelines for you to lose weight and not recover it.