Ginger and lemon are two products that since ancient times have been associated with weight control, although they have also been used to improve digestion, since they are two foods that are characterized by their purifying power. In addition, they provide more beneficial properties, mainly for circulation and the respiratory system. Its consumption can be done in multiple ways, incorporating them into the daily diet through different dishes or taking the well-known lemon water.
However, there are other options, especially when you want to use the two products together and for purposes to lose weight or improve digestion. And one of those alternatives is to consume the two products by preparing ginger and lemon water. From we are going to tell you how to make ginger and lemon water so that you can prepare it at home and benefit from its purifying properties to achieve weight loss or that digestions are more bearable.
Properties of ginger and lemon for weight loss and health
As we have already advanced, both ginger and lemon have properties that help weight control and lose weight, as well as improve digestion. Each of these foods has its particularities:
Properties of ginger for weight loss
Among the most striking properties of ginger to lose weight, the following stand out:
- It is detoxifying.
- Improves the functioning of the digestive system.
- Avoid gas and acidity.
- Accelerates metabolism.
- Helps against fluid retention.
In addition, it is widely used to reduce size in the abdominal area and, therefore, we have prepared a separate post so that you know better How to take ginger to thin the abdomen.
Properties of lemon to lose weight
On the other hand, among the properties of lemon to lose weight, the following stand out:
- Accelerates metabolism.
- Removes toxins from the body.
- Promotes the proper functioning of the intestine.
- It has few calories.
- It is antioxidant.
For more information, you may be interested in this other article from on What are the properties of lemon to lose weight.
Apart from their great effects for weight loss, these two basic ingredients of ginger and lemon water are very beneficial to take care of health in general, as both provide properties to improve circulation, relieve digestive and respiratory problems, help regulate temperature and much more. In these other articles we will show you what are the properties of ginger for health and what are the healing properties of lemon.
How to make ginger and lemon water
Making ginger and lemon water to lose weight or to improve digestion is easy. Actually, the process is much simpler than preparing an infusion. But let's go in parts, you're just going to need:
With these three ingredients it is more than enough to prepare ginger and lemon water. The elaboration is fast:
- Put a liter of water in a container.
- Add two grams in slices of ginger (so it has more properties than powder).
- Let this mixture sit for several hours.
- At the moment you are going to consume a glass of this mixture, add a little freshly squeezed lemon juice so that it does not lose properties, although it is also possible to add it at the same time as the ginger and let it rest. If you opt for this alternative, it is preferable that you add the sliced lemon.
And the ginger and lemon water would be ready for you to start drinking. It is important that you do not prepare more than you are going to take that same day so that you drink it with the highest concentration of properties. In addition, it gets bad, even if you keep it in the refrigerator.
Another very good option is to use ginger with lemon and cinnamon, as we explain in this other article on How to make ginger, cinnamon and lemon tea to lose weight.
How to take ginger
Whether you want to do the ginger diet to lose weight or if you want to take it to improve a health problem or to maintain health in general, there are several ways to include it in your diet.
If you're wondering how to consume ginger, take note that there are 4 perfect basic ingredients for a hot infusion, apart from water, and they are lemon, ginger, honey and cinnamon. This mixture is ideal for improving circulatory and respiratory problems.
However, drinking it is not the only way to consume it. Here's how you can take ginger:
- Infusion, tea or water: either alone or with combinations of ingredients such as those mentioned above. Depending on what you want to take it for, you can prepare it hot or cold.
- In slices: cutting thin slices of ginger root is ideal to eat in salads and soups.
- Powder and capsules: you can take the ginger root powder for cold and hot dish dressings, that is, mixing it in oil, or you can take it in capsules following the dosage indications of the container and / or the doctor.
- Candied: This root can also be consumed candied. However, this option is not suitable if you are looking to lose weight or if you have diabetes.
- Ginger oil: it can be compared or prepared at home with olive oil and slices, slices or ground ginger. Ginger oil is ideal to take as a dressing and also to use in grilled meat, fish or vegetable dishes.
How many times a day you can drink ginger water with lemon
Although ginger and lemon water is prepared with natural products, it is important not to abuse and not to take more than recommended. This caution is mainly due to ginger. And it is not advisable to take more than 2 grams of ginger a day to benefit from its properties without contraindications.
This implies in practice that you should not drink more than a liter of water that is prepared with this amount of ginger. This amount is good that you take it throughout the day, dividing it into different doses to activate the metabolism and burn fat, as well as help in the digestions of the main meals. However, it is always recommended that the first glass be drunk in the morning on an empty stomach. In this other article we explain more about How to lose weight with ginger.
Contraindications of ginger and lemon water
Ginger and lemon water also has some contraindications, although it is prepared with natural ingredients. And it is not good to abuse and, even, it cannot be taken when you have a series of diseases or health conditions that, above all, are related to ginger. In this way, you have to be very cautious if:
- Medications for hypertension are taken.
- Anticoagulants are consumed.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding the baby.
- It should not be used in children under 10 years of age.
With these tips on how to make ginger and lemon water, we hope at we have helped you know the brewing process and how you can take it to take advantage of its benefits. We always recommend that to lose weight or control the kilos, as well as to improve digestion, consult with a doctor before taking any product.