Still don't know all the health benefits of drinking alkaline water? Consuming water with a pH that is above 7.3 is something extremely beneficial for the body, because this type of water, unlike the others, acts as a natural antacid balancing the levels of acidity in the body and, therefore, helping to prevent the suffering of various diseases, to purify the body effectively, to keep the cells healthy and to purify the blood. Alkaline water unlike low quality water does not affect the immune system or cause health problems, such as alterations in the digestive system, but on the contrary, it is perfect to improve our well-being and quality of life.
If you are interested in knowing how to make alkaline water at home step by step and in an easy way, continue reading this article of in which we show it in detail.
What is alkaline water for and what are its benefits
What is the pH of water
The pH of the water is determined according to the origin of the water. This value refers to the concentration of hydrogen ions in a liquid and we must bear in mind that a value below 7 would be acidic and above 7 would be alkaline.
Therefore, we can say that alkaline water is that water that has been subjected to filtration systems that allow it to finally have a pH higher than 7. And considering that a healthy organism must have a pH that ranges between 7.35 and 7.45, alkaline water is excellent for normalizing the pH of the body and promoting the health of the body avoiding problems in the digestive system, fatigue, weight gain, chronic diseases and other types of ailments associated with an acidic body.
Benefits of Alkaline Water for Health
There are several benefits of drinking alkaline water for the health of the body and below we list them all, so you can know what is the difference between this type of water and others of lower quality:
- Its antioxidant properties neutralize the action of free radicals in the body, which is essential to prevent the oxidation of cells and keep them healthy. This is vital to prevent premature aging and the suffering of all kinds of diseases, including cancer.
- Cleanses and purifies the body: it favors the detoxification of the organs eliminating toxins and waste that the body does not need and that in the long term can harm their state of health.
- It helps prevent fluid retention and promotes weight loss.
- It gives the body the essential minerals (calcium, potassium, and magnesium) it needs to function properly.
- Prevents premature aging of the skin, keeps it perfectly hydrated, much more elastic and radiant.
- It benefits the digestive system by improving the digestion process and prevents constipation.
- It lubricates the muscles of the body and helps to improve the pains suffered by people with arthritis or injuries and tears in the muscles.
- It promotes the correct blood flow and regulates the pH of the blood.
- It prevents osteoporosis, as it favors the elimination of solid waste, such as uric acid and nephroliths, through urination.
How to make alkaline water with lemon
For all the properties of alkaline water above, we can say that its habitual consumption is recommended to maintain the perfect acid/alkaline balance in the body, help the body correctly perform the function of eliminating all waste and toxic agents and enjoy an excellent state of health and a better quality of life.
There are some methods to alkalize water at home in a much cheaper and simpler way than the filtration systems that are usually carried out to get it. In the following lines, we are going to show you how to make alkaline water at home easily and with some natural products.
The first recipe is to make alkaline water with lemon and Himalayan salt, a type of pure salt free of contaminants.
- 1 pitcher full of water
- 1 lemon
- 1 small tablespoon Himalayan salt
- Pour water into a pitcher until it is full.
- Cut the lemon into medium pieces and add them to the water in the jar.
- Add the Himalayan salt.
- Cover the jar and let the mixture sit for at least 12 hours at room temperature.
- Ready! The next day, you can strain the preparation and drink this alkaline water with lemon whenever you want.
How to make alkaline water with baking soda
Another of the best tricks to alkalize water at home is to use baking soda, because this product can make a glass of water with a pH of 7.2 happen to have a pH of 7.9, so this will already be a perfect alkaline water to balance the levels of acidity in the body.
- 1 glass of water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
In this case the preparation is very simple, you just have to add the baking soda in the glass of water and stir well until the baking soda is completely diluted. Then, you can drink it. You will have obtained a drink with very interesting properties for your health, we invite you to discover them all by consulting the article Benefits of drinking water with baking soda.
Another method to make alkaline water at home
The last method we propose to make homemade alkaline water is to boil the water for about 5 minutes simply. Doing this and letting it cool down subsequently gets the water to go from a pH of 7.2 to a pH of 8.4, so it will serve to alkalize your body perfectly.
After using this method to alkalize the water, it is recommended that you store it in glass bottles with a stopper so that it is preserved in perfect condition and does not lose its properties.