Today there are still certain problems and discomforts related to health that a large number of people who suffer from them are not able to recognize them. They are above all alterations and pathologies associated with certain parts of our body such as the genital organs, the breasts in the case of women or the entire perianal and anal area. This means that many people feel pain and discomfort for a long time without being able to find a suitable remedy.
One of the alterations whose appearance is more complicated to recognize are hemorrhoids or piles. These lumps that can appear on the inside or outside of the anus generate a large number of problems in the day to day of the person who suffers from them, in addition to many discomforts. Despite this, a large number of people prefer not to recognize that they suffer from them. If you are one of them, a natural remedy may take effect to reduce and even eliminate them. In we explain how to cure hemorrhoids with chamomile.
What are hemorrhoids and why do they come out?
Hemorrhoids, also called piles, are the product of stagnation of blood in the anal area. Both the rectum and the anus are irrigated by arteries and veins called hemorrhoidal. The veins throughout our body contain valves that are responsible for our blood to return to the heart, that is, the venous return. The hemorrhoidal veins lack these valves, so as soon as the pressure in that area increases, the blood is trapped in the veins projecting outward the tissue that surrounds them, so that those lumps called hemorrhoids appear.
Why the piles come out
Piles can arise from various factors. Constipation is one of the most important causes, since the increase in pressure in this area in those conditions is high. In women, pregnancy can also generate these discomforts. Considerable overweight or obesity are risk factors for its appearance, such as a sedentary lifestyle, which prevents the correct movement of the digestive system. Some pathologies, such as diarrhea, can also cause them.
How to prevent or eliminate piles
To prevent hemorrhoids, it is recommended to exercise regularly, eat foods rich in fiber to avoid constipation and drink at least two liters of water a day to promote digestion.
If hemorrhoids have already appeared and you want to reduce or eliminate them with a home and natural remedy, we advise you to try chamomile. This plant is very useful for the treatment of hemorrhoids because, apart from promoting digestion, it is also a great natural anti-inflammatory, which will help us to considerably reduce the swelling of the area. Chamomile can be used in various ways for this problem, as we will see below. Keep reading if you want to know quick remedies for piles.
How to cure hemorrhoids with chamomile infusion
Chamomile infusion can be used in two ways to relieve the symptoms of hemorrhoids. Both of these forms can help you reduce hemorrhoids very quickly. To prepare the chamomile infusion, follow this simple step-by-step:
- In both cases, take between 10 and 12 chamomile leaves and put them in a saucepan with a liter of water.
- Heat the water on the fire until it is boiling and keep it for 10 minutes.
- Then remove the saucepan from the heat and wait for the infusion to remain warm.
- When you have already lost temperature, strain the liquid.
Method 1: Chamomile Bath
With this infusion you can prepare a bath to relieve inflammation and discomfort:
- Pour the contents of the saucepan into the bidet, mixing it with warm water, so that the same temperature is maintained.
- Wash the anal and perianal area for about five minutes, feeling the relief in its application.
- Then rinse with warm water.
- You can repeat it every night.
Method 2: Chamomile ice cubes
On the other hand, if the inflammation is very striking and annoying, you can apply this remedy at a lower temperature:
- Put the infusion in trays to make small ice cubes.
- Put them in the freezer and wait for them to freeze.
- When the liquid is frozen, take 5 or 6 cubes and wrap them in a cloth. In this way you will not apply the cubes directly, which could generate burns, but when melting slowly in the cloth, in addition to benefiting from the cold you will also benefit from the anti-inflammatory properties of chamomile.
- Do it once every other day.
If you want to know other effective remedies for hemorrhoids, do not miss the following section. You may also be interested in knowing what are the medicinal properties of chamomile.
Chamomile oil to reduce hemorrhoids
Instead of making an infusion of chamomile you can also get chamomile oil in any herbalist, which you can apply once every two days, following this simple step by step:
- First of all, properly clean the anal area so that chamomile oil can do its full effect.
- Wet a small cotton ball with chamomile oil until well soaked.
- Apply it by massaging the affected area to promote its absorption and effects.
Now that you know how to cure hemorrhoids with chamomile, you may also be interested in this other article on How to Use Aloe for Hemorrhoids.