Chamomile and cinnamon are two products that are widely used in beauty and health, as they have numerous benefits for both hair and skin. But those are not their only possible uses, since chamomile tea and cinnamon are also often used to improve people's health, since they are very positive ingredients, above all, for the digestive system.
However, even if they are natural products, it is important to take into account the possible contraindications they may present. From, we discover everything you need to know about chamomile and cinnamon tea: what it is for and how to take it so that you benefit from all its properties.
What is chamomile and cinnamon tea for?
Chamomile and cinnamon tea has numerous benefits such as, for example, balancing the body and improving the state of the digestive system. Here are some of the most important benefits:
- Digestive system: as we have mentioned, the digestive system is one of the most benefited when drinking chamomile and cinnamon tea, as it helps to make digestion and relieve other digestive discomfort such as heaviness, reflux and gas.
- Relaxing: chamomile and cinnamon tea is also known for its relaxing effect, a feature that will help you sleep and avoid states of nervousness, anxiety or stress.
- Weight: Cinnamon has fat burning properties that you will find very useful for weight loss. Chamomile, in addition, is very beneficial to eliminate toxins and purify the body, which is why it is an excellent diuretic. This tea will also help you satiate your appetite and prevent you from snacking between meals. If you want to lose weight with the help of home remedies, we recommend that you read one of the most complete and useful articles you will find: The best infusions to lose weight.
- Sugar: Chamomile and cinnamon tea helps control blood sugar levels, which can be helpful in case of diabetes – you always have to consult with your doctor – or in case you want to improve blood circulation.
How chamomile and cinnamon tea is made
Cinnamon tea, as you will see below, is very easy to make. However, you should keep in mind that it is important to prepare it just when it is going to be consumed, since otherwise it could lose properties.
- To begin with, you will need water – the amount equivalent to the cup you are going to drink – a bag of chamomile and a little cinnamon stick. When you have the ingredients prepared, by water to boil.
- Add the cinnamon and let it boil for ten minutes. When time has passed, remove the cinnamon from the heat.
- Take another bowl of water and bring it to a boil.
- When it is boiling, remove it from the heat and add the chamomile bag inside. When you have done this, you must cover the container well so that it rests for five minutes and does not lose properties.
- Mix the two infusions and let them sit together for half an hour.
- After this time, the infusion will be ready to take.
How chamomile and cinnamon tea is taken
Chamomile and cinnamon tea is easy to drink, although it all depends on why it is taken and the goals you want to achieve through the infusion. In general, it is best to drink a cup before each meal, especially when the intention is to lose weight, control blood sugar or improve digestive discomfort.
This guideline can also be used if you need to manage anxiety or stress. However, if what is intended is to sleep better, it is advisable to always take a cup before going to bed.
Side Effects of Chamomile and Cinnamon Tea
As we have discussed before, chamomile and cinnamon tea is a very beneficial natural product that, however, can have some negative side effects for health. In addition, its intake may be discouraged in some cases:
- It is not good, for example, to drink chamomile and cinnamon tea in combination with drugs that have relaxing effects, since it could enhance that sensation and could even have a sedative effect.
- This infusion is also not recommended for pregnant women, since the combination of both ingredients could stimulate excess blood circulation.
- Despite its advantages for the digestive system, chamomile and cinnamon tea is contraindicated when you have gastric ulcers, as the ingredients could cause the opposite effect and irritate the digestive system instead of calming it.
If you want to know in more detail the negative effects that chamomile can have on your body, do not miss this article on Contraindications of chamomile. From, we hope we have helped you with this information about chamomile and cinnamon tea: what it is for and how to take it. It depends on the objectives you want to achieve with this infusion, remember that it is best to consult your doubts and problems with a doctor.