Chai tea is a tea originating in India that for many years has become fashionable in our society. One of the peculiarities of this tea is that it has a large number of spices, which not only provides it with a great aroma and flavor, but also makes it contain multiple healing properties. However, one of the properties that is spreading the most today is the ability of Chai tea to lose weight.
If you have come to this article for the latter, then, in, we explain the benefits of Chai tea for weight loss. Notes!
What is Chai tea and what does it contain
Chai tea is a tea that can be prepared in different ways, depending on the tastes of each one. However, what it usually carries is:
- Black tea or green tea
- Milk or water
In this way, we could say that Chai tea is a black or green tea, which can be prepared with milk or water and carries a lot of spices.
Does Chai tea make you fat?
One of the questions that most worries most is whether Chai tea makes you fat. This doubt is mainly due to the presence of milk in tea, which, in itself, carries sugar (lactose) and fat. In a generic way, we can say that NO, Chai tea does not make you fat. In fact, as we will see in this article, this tea has slimming properties.
However, the abuse of Chai tea with milk and white sugar, like any other food, would make you fat if you did not carry out any type of physical exercise or a healthy diet. Similarly, if Chai tea is taken frequently, it is advisable to drink it either with water, or with a healthier sweetener, such as honey. Of course, always eating a healthy and balanced diet, as well as a healthy lifestyle.
Benefits and properties of Chai tea for weight loss
Chai tea is not only famous for its taste, but in recent years it has been discovered to possess slimming properties, such as the following:
- Antioxidant properties: which means that it favors the use of fats in our body, thus accelerating the burning of fats. This is mainly due to the vitamin components, nutrients and minerals contained in Chai tea.
- Thermogenic properties: Chai tea stimulates the mobilization of fat tissue, which brings with it a greater release of energy. In addition, this helps to decrease the feeling of fatigue.
- Diuretic properties: on the other hand, Chai tea is highly diuretic, which helps not only better digestion, but also favors the elimination of water, which is ideal for people suffering from fluid retention, which would also help to lose weight.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Another benefit of Chai tea is that it is anti-inflammatory. It is known that, for one reason or another, some people, rather than being stuffed, are “bloated”. In this way, Chai tea would favor body inflammation.
- Eliminates halitosis: many times, when we are dieting to lose weight, we can present bad breath due to changes in diet. In this way, drinking Chai tea would not only help you lose weight, but also neutralize one of the consequences of starting to lose weight.
- Accelerates metabolism: most components of Chai tea help speed up metabolism, which favors fat burning and, therefore, helps to lose weight.
However, it is important to note that drinking Chai tea alone will not make you lose weight, but you have to accompany it with a healthy and balanced diet, as well as lead a healthy lifestyle by exercising regularly.
If you want to know more, in this other article we discover what are the benefits of Chai tea.
Side Effects of Chai Tea
Although in general Chai tea is beneficial for the body, a number of possible side effects must be taken into account:
- Dizziness, nausea, insomnia and high blood pressure: it is not advisable to abuse Chai tea, especially if it is made with black tea, since it contains much more caffeine than coffee. In this way, nausea, dizziness, insomnia, increased blood pressure and restlessness, among others, could be experienced.
- Lack of iron: in the same way, abusing this tea could eventually cause iron deficiency in the body, with the possibility of even suffering from anemia.
If you feel any of these effects or other abnormalities, stop drinking Chai tea and go to your doctor to ask if it is advisable to continue drinking this type of tea.
Contraindications of Chai tea
Some conditions are not compatible with drinking Chai tea. Among the most important, the following stand out:
- Lactation and pregnancy: its consumption is not recommended in infants and pregnant women, since some of the herbs that it usually carries can be harmful to the baby, in addition to the fact that the large amount of caffeine is not recommended in itself in pregnancy.
- People with anxiety or nervous: if you are already a person who tends to nervousness, it is not recommended that you drink Chai tea, since due to caffeine your anxiety could worsen.
- People with hypertension: If your blood pressure is generally high, it is not good to drink Chai tea, since its high caffeine content could raise your blood pressure dangerously.
Before drinking Chai tea, check with your doctor or specialist if you can drink it. Also, the best thing if you want to lose weight is to consult with a nutritionist to make you a good slimming plan.
Now that you know the benefits of Chai tea for weight loss, you may also be interested in this other article from on What are the best infusions to lose weight.