Helicobacter pylori is a bacterium that is associated with stomach ulcers and gastritis, as well as most infections that occur in the stomach. To treat it, there are several remedies, although one of the most effective and that is also natural, is propolis, which is considered a natural bactericide, among many other properties.
If you have recently been detected Helicobacter pylori and you are looking for natural methods to eliminate it, from, we explain how to take propolis for Helicobacter pylori.
Composition and properties of propolis
Propolis is known to be used by bees to protect the hive from possible infections. This is already a sample of the properties it can have for health. However, to know all its benefits, it is important to know what it consists of. Propolis or propolis, as it is also known, is a combination of resins and waxy substances that the bees themselves take in the buds of the trees and process in their hive.
Depending on the class of bees, their composition may vary but, in general, the result is a product with around 180 components, the main and most important being the following:
- Resins and balms such as gums, acid essential oils and terpenes.
- Waxes, which are made up of fatty acids, lactose’s and oxacides.
- Essential oils and aromatic oils.
- Organic substances such as minerals, water and wood.
- Polyphenols and flavonoids such as chrysin, galangin and quercitin.
- Other substances such as trace elements, coumarins, benzoic and caffeic acid.
Because of this composition, propolis has antibiotic properties, apart from anti-inflammatory. It is also of great help in boosting people's immune system defenses. In this other article you will discover the health benefits of propolis.
Recommended daily dose of propolis to treat Helicobacter pylori
Although propolis has many health benefits and not only for the digestive system, it is important to consume it moderately to benefit from its properties.
Specifically, specialists recommend that you do not exceed 5 milligrams per kilo of weight of the person daily. In this way, for example, if you weigh 60 kilos, you can take up to 300 milligrams a day.
Anyway, this amount is recommended if you are going to take it orally (regardless of how you consume it) to treat problems related to the digestive system. In any case, go to your doctor or specialist to tell you the recommended daily amount for you, as well as how long you can take propolis.
Natural treatment for Helicobacter pylori with propolis tincture
Propolis can be consumed in many ways to treat Helicobacter pylori. One of the most common is to make a tincture of propolis. Although it is marketed, you can also prepare it at home.
- Propolis: between 250 or 300 grams are needed.
- Alcohol: one liter of alcohol for human consumption of 96 degrees.
- Place the propolis in a plastic bag and leave it in the freezer for 24 hours.
- Take it out of the freezer after that time and hit it so that it fragments into small pieces.
- Put the pieces to boil in water, so that the pieces are covered.
- Let them boil for 5 minutes and wait for them to cool.
- When they are already cold, put them back in a plastic bag to put in the freezer for another 24 hours.
- Take it out of the freezer again and hit it until it is powdery.
- Put the propolis powder in a dark glass container and add the liter of alcohol.
- Let it macerate for ten days, having in this period to shake it once or twice a day so that the propolis and alcohol mix well.
- Filter this solution and put it in a lidded jar.
To take the propolis tincture you just have to add a few drops to a little water, juice or infusion. You can also take it directly.
Eating propolis to treat gastric problems
Another way to take propolis is to eat it directly. In many stores specializing in natural products or herbalists it is marketed to take it this way.
In this case, you just have to take an amount of propolis equivalent to your weight, as we have already mentioned, and chew it well in the mouth so that it melts and all its properties are gradually passed to the stomach and digestive system.
You may also be interested in Home Remedies to Remove Helicobacter Pylori.
How to take propolis infusion for Helicobacter pylori
Propolis infusion is very effective in combating Helicobacter pylori. Its elaboration is like that of any tisane. Although the infusion can be made with propolis alone, it also has a positive effect to add chamomile to help further soothe the stomach. Preparation is easy:
- Boil water with an amount equivalent to the cup you are going to drink.
- Remove the water from the heat and pour it over a kettle or cup directly.
- Add the propolis and some chamomile flowers.
- Cover the kettle and cup and wait five to ten minutes.
- Strain it and it's ready to be taken.
Other ways to take propolis for Helicobacter pylori
To take propolis for Helicobacter pylori, there are still more ways through different products that are marketed in stores of natural products, homeopathy or herbalists:
- Capsules or pills: normally they already come with a standard dose, not being advisable to take more than two daily.
- Syrup: in this case, the dose that is generally recommended is three tablespoons a day.
- Candies: it is advisable to take one or two candies daily.
From we hope we have helped you know how to take propolis for Helicobacter pylori. We remind you that, in case of any discomfort in the digestive system, you have to consult with the doctor. Also, always ask a specialist before if you can take propolis.