Varicose veins, or also known as varicose veins, is a condition that especially affects women and consists of excessive blood accumulation, which usually occurs due to weakness in the ducts or walls of the superficial veins. As a consequence, the veins dilate and acquire a purple, inflamed and twisted appearance so they can be seen with the naked eye in the legs, where they are more frequent, although they can also appear in other areas of the body.
This condition, in addition to being unasthetic, can bring other quite annoying symptoms such as swelling, heaviness and cramps in the legs and can become serious. Therefore, it is important that we seek treatment to eliminate them and prevent them from reappearing. One of the best remedies to reduce varicose veins is olive oil, as it has excellent properties to improve both the appearance of the veins and their blood circulation. That is why in the following article of we explain how to cure varicose veins with olive oil. Read!
Properties of olive oil to cure varicose veins
Olive oil is a liquid that is extracted from these by pressing and other procedures. Although it is a product designed to be the seasoning of different foods, olive oil is a powerful natural remedy to treat various conditions and health problems, including the appearance of varicose veins on the legs. All this is due to the different properties of olive oil for the skin and blood circulation:
- Olive oil has excellent anti-inflammatory properties thanks to its richness in healthy fatty acids, especially omega 3. Such properties help to relieve different symptoms of varicose veins such as swelling, cramps and leg pains.
- This anti-inflammatory effect exerted by the oil also helps to improve the circulation of blood flow. In this way, we get the veins to dilate less and less until abnormal accumulations of blood do not form.
- Its richness in polyphenols and vitamin E gives this product powerful antioxidant properties that help reduce the feeling of tension in the area affected by varicose veins due to its calming effect.
- It also has excellent regenerative properties that attenuate the appearance of varicose veins. Olive oil has a high content of vitamin C which favors and increases the production of collagen and elastin of the skin. As a result, the skin is strengthened and achieves a more reaffirmed appearance.
- Finally, this food condiment contains powerful moisturizing properties due also to its richness in vitamins and omega 3. Thanks to these properties, we manage to moisturize the deeper layers of the skin, which is very important to prevent the appearance of varicose veins.
How to Use Olive Oil to Eliminate Varicose Veins
Thanks to the previous section, we already know the benefits of olive oil for the skin that will help to gradually heal varicose veins. However, to enhance the effects of this natural remedy we will use two other very effective ingredients to eliminate this condition: garlic and lemon.
Both garlic and lemon are two natural ingredients that, like olive oil, have powerful anti-inflammatory properties so on the one hand, they will help reduce the symptoms of varicose veins, and on the other, they will improve blood circulation in the legs to prevent them from appearing again.
Now that you know all the properties of the remedy for varicose veins, you will only have to write down the following amounts to start developing the natural treatment:
- Half a cup of olive oil, better if it is extra virgin
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1 glass jar
Preparation and treatment
- The first step will be to peel 12 cloves of garlic and cut each of them in half. When they are all cut, add them to a bowl and with a mortar crush them until you get a kind of paste.
- Once you have crushed them, add the garlic paste to the bottom of the glass jar.
- Now take a lemon and cut it in half to extract its juice in a container. When you have strained the juice to remove the lemon seeds, add the liquid to the jar where the crushed garlic is located.
- Finally add half a glass of extra virgin olive oil to the jar and cover it with its respective lid. Let it sit overnight in a place that is cool and dark.
- The next day, open the jar and strain the contents into a container to remove the remains of garlic. You will have the remedy ready to cure varicose veins.
- Smear your hands with the mixture and apply it on the affected area making circular movements and gently pressing on the skin to activate blood circulation. Perform this massage for 5-10 minutes.
- When you finish massaging, let the remedy rest overnight.
To notice results it is necessary to perform this treatment between 3 and 4 times a week. This is one of the best natural methods to alleviate this problem.
If you want to know more benefits of olive oil for health, you may be interested in this other article on Benefits of olive oil on an empty stomach.
Tips to prevent varicose veins
In addition to using the home remedy, it is important that you follow the following tips to prevent varicose veins from appearing again:
- Try to exercise at least 3 or 4 times a week and have the physical sessions last at least half an hour.
- Drink two liters of water a day. Hydration is very important to prevent varicose veins.
- Avoid excessive salt consumption, as it increases fluid retention.
- Do not constantly cross your legs and avoid standing for a long time as one causes poor blood circulation.
- Finally, avoid other bad lifestyle habits that increase the appearance of varicose veins such as a diet poor in vitamins or being a smoker.