Inflamed varicose veins are a fairly common problem suffered by people between 35 and 70 years old. It is so common to suffer from this ailment, that about 70% of the world's population claims to suffer from them, or have suffered them at some point in their lives. Luckily, there are currently a wide variety of treatments that help in the process of de-inflammation of varicose veins.
In we explain how to reduce inflammation of varicose veins and we give you some guidelines and methods to improve this ailment, although we always advise you to go to a doctor to diagnose the problem and tell you how to remedy it in your case.
Varicose veins or varicose veins: causes and symptoms
Varicose veins or varicose veins are inflammation of the veins. Thus, they are the product of the accumulation of blood in the veins due to poor circulation, which causes their dilation and, therefore, their inflammation. These are the causes of varicose veins and their main symptoms, so you can differentiate them from spider veins.
There are many possible causes of varicose veins or inflamed veins but, generally, this inflammation can occur for reasons such as overweight, genetic tendency, pregnancy, continuous use of tight clothing or incorrect footwear, among other possible causes. Expand this information on the Causes of Varicose Veins in this other article.
When inflamed, varicose veins can cause you a lot of discomfort. These are the main symptoms of varicose veins or inflammation of the veins:
- Heaviness in the legs.
- Swollen legs.
- Poor blood circulation.
- Hemorrhages and bruises in the most severe cases.
The good news is that there are several ways to reduce them, reduce them and, in some cases, even eliminate them.
Medicines to reduce inflammation of varicose veins
There are several medications, both oral and topical, that can be used to reduce inflammation of varicose veins. On the one hand, there are drugs that act directly on the walls of veins, decreasing the effects of inflammation. These medications for varicose veins include:
- Anticoagulants for topical use.
- Flavonoid drugs.
- Centella asiatica extract.
- Ginkgo biloba extract.
On the other hand, analgesics may also be given to relieve pain or anti-inflammatories to reduce inflammation.
In more critical cases, your doctor may prescribe oral anticoagulants if he or she sees that you may be at risk for thrombosis. You may also be given corticosteroids and diuretics. The latter act on the body by eliminating fluids and deflating the legs.
Medical treatments to reduce inflammation and eliminate varicose veins
There are also medical interventions to eliminate varicose veins, one of the best options in case you cannot reduce inflammation with other means because it is an advanced state of this problem.
Among these procedures are the treatment of varicose veins with laser, which is performed by introducing an optical fiber into the affected vein to treat it. The red laser lights activate the red blood cells and this causes the veins to shrink and the blood to flow better, preventing the blood from stagnating and deflating the veins.
Another procedure you can resort to is sclerotherapy, which consists of producing irritation in the walls of the veins, with the injection of specific substances for it, causing the inflamed veins to reduce and disappear.
Varicose vein stripping
Stripping or traditional treatment is also an option. With this procedure, veins that are having circulation problems are removed, and it is performed under general anesthesia. The drawback, apart from anesthesia, is that it requires a long period of rest and recovery.
On the other hand, microsurgery is a less invasive process that deals with eliminating only the paths of the veins that have been affected. The good thing about this medical treatment is that it doesn't require much time to fully recover.
How to deflate varicose veins with folk remedies
Cure, reduce inflammation and even prevent the appearance of varicose veins with homemade methods is possible. But what is good for varicose veins? Here are some precautions to prevent and improve inflamed varicose veins that are effective:
- Change your habits: exercising and losing weight, if we need it, is the number one solution to treat the problem of varicose veins. By losing weight and mobilizing the area by activating circulation, pressure on the veins is removed. If you add to this a good balanced diet and low in salt, you will also avoid swelling and improve the problem.
- Wear appropriate clothing: Start wearing comfortable shoes and don't stay in the same position for hours, especially in the workplace where we tend to stay longer. Also do not stand for long and try to walk, sit and vary positions to stimulate circulation in the legs. Taking a break on the couch with your legs elevated will also help you greatly.
- Lymphatic drainage: these are massages that have a draining effect of all the fluids that accumulate or retain, so they contribute to improving lymphatic and blood circulation in the legs, relieving inflammation and heaviness produced by varicose veins.
- Cold water baths on the beach: varicose veins are usually accompanied by symptoms such as constant heat in the area and swelling, so bathing on the beach is ideal to calm discomfort. Cold water helps counteract these symptoms by producing vasoconstriction, which serves to reduce and reduce inflammation of varicose veins during that time, providing great relief. If you don't have a beach nearby, you can dip your legs in baths or a shower with cold water.
In addition, there are also especially beneficial foods to help you with this problem, such as plants, fruits and oils, whether you ingest them or apply them to the skin. Take note of how to treat this problem at home with a natural treatment for varicose veins:
- Garlic: garlic has very powerful anti-inflammatory properties, among many others, and you can apply it in the form of garlic paste and olive oil, using garlic oil to massage the area and eating a little more at meals on a regular basis.
- Tomato: the flavonoids and antioxidants that this fruit has strengthen the blood vessels, so it is advisable to increase its consumption. In this other article we tell you more about How to cure varicose veins with tomato.
- Olive oil: you can massage it in the area of varicose veins to improve this problem, as it is moisturizing and anti-inflammatory. Learn more about How to cure varicose veins with olive oil with this other article.
- Natural juices and infusions: Juices, juices and infusions are a good treatment option for people who have inflamed varicose veins. This is because they help eliminate excess fluid because they are usually diuretic, anti-inflammatory and activate circulation. Here we show you the best infusions for varicose veins.
At we know that varicose veins can be very annoying and painful, so we hope we have given you enough information on how to reduce inflammation and relieve discomfort. Always remember to consult with your doctor, especially if the discomfort is severe.