Varicose veins are a health problem because they are a reflection of conditions in the circulatory system and that, in addition, can hurt and create general discomfort. They are also an aesthetic problem because the purple and thicker or bulging veins are noticeable in the legs, which is where they usually come out, which means that many women do not wear skirts or dresses if it is not with thick stockings or that men give up shorts and shorts, among other gestures that are put into practice to prevent others from seeing them.
Today, there are several clinical treatments that allow to treat varicose veins, although there are also natural remedies that are quite effective. For example, in this article we explain how to cure varicose veins with tomato.
Properties of tomato to cure varicose veins
If you are looking for one of the best natural options for this problem we recommend this vegetable, because the properties of the tomato for varicose veins are several thanks to its composition. Thus, the tomato is one of the best vegetables to cure varicose veins because the benefits of the tomato are many and serve to attack various fronts of this problem such as inflammation of the veins, in addition to having soothing and anticoagulant properties and helping to strengthen blood vessels. The secret lies in several of the components of the tomato:
- Lycopene: tomato is rich in lycopene, which is a natural antioxidant that has the particularity of reducing inflammation and, in this case, will do so with that of the veins.
- Flavonoids: its great contribution of flavonoids allows to strengthen the blood vessels.
- pH: the tomato is a vegetable that is characterized by having a pH (amount of hydronium ions) of between 4.2 and 4.9. This pH makes the tomato considered to have a high degree of acidity, which is beneficial for treating varicose veins because it hinders blood clotting. A property that is maintained even if it is taken in juice or also processed.
How to prepare tomato juice to cure varicose veins
Tomato can be consumed in many ways to cure varicose veins. In fact, it is a very versatile vegetable in the kitchen, being possible to eat it raw, for example in salads, in addition to preparing it in different ways to accompany dishes or drink it through the well-known juice or tomato juice. This drink is very effective in curing varicose veins because it allows you to take advantage of all the juice and liquid of this vegetable. Here we tell you how tomato juice is prepared to cure varicose veins, you will see that making tomato juice is very simple because you just have to follow these steps:
- Crush or blend natural tomatoes. The amount will depend on how much you want to take or how much you want to leave yourself prepared.
- Do it until you get a kind of juice, which has a slightly dense texture, although without becoming a smoothie.
- Take 2 large glasses a day. It is best that one is fasting or at the same breakfast and the other is before eating.
- You can take them until you are much better off the problem of varicose veins and, in addition, we recommend that you complement it with other options and treatments that we continue to have.
How to take tomato to treat varicose veins
In addition, as we have mentioned before, these are other ways to take the tomato also effective to treat this problem in the blood vessels. Choose whether you prefer to eat it raw in salads or cooked as a garnish or sauces.
Raw tomato to treat varicose veins
Eating tomato is another alternative to treat varicose veins. One of the best ways is to consume it in salad. And here you have several very quick and simple options.
- Greek salad: this dish is based on natural tomato. In addition, it is a very light and refreshing dish, apart from being easy to prepare. You just have to wash, cut and chop the tomato and add fresh cheese, mozzarella or feta and season with a vinaigrette.
- Tomato and basil salad: This recipe is one of the fastest and easiest to prepare. Cut the tomato into slices, add a little basil, salt to taste, a pinch of freshly ground pepper and vinaigrette.
Take cooked tomato
You can also eat them cooked, as they are equally beneficial to strengthen blood vessels, reduce inflammation and prevent blood from thickening excessively. So, here are some ideas for eating cooked tomato.
- Boiled tomatoes: Another option is to boil tomatoes, which you can eat as a garnish for dishes prepared with pasta, rice, meat or fish. In this case, the preparation consists of boiling them with skin in very hot water. After that step, you just have to peel them and serve them whole if they are not very large or chop them.
- Tomato alone: another good alternative to eat natural tomato is to consume it alone. In fact, a few slices of this vegetable can be an ideal companion for meat or fish without having to boil it or add it to salads.
- Tomato sauces: Tomato sauce is a way to increase daily tomato consumption to cure varicose veins. Its preparation is simple. You just have to crush and sauté with a little oil. This is a basic tomato sauce to which you can add other ingredients such as aromatic herbs, for example oregano, to change its flavor so that the food is not monotonous.
How to cure varicose veins with tomato poultices
In addition to eating tomato, either in juice, salads or cooked, this vegetable can also be used in poultices. These are helpful to notice some relief in the legs, as they refresh, soothe discomfort and reduce inflammation. Tomato poultice to relieve varicose veins is possible to perform several times a day and is very easy to perform:
- Wash: wash the tomato and dry it well so that there are no traces of dirt and water.
- Cut: cut the tomato into slices and place them in the area of varicose veins or spider veins, taking special care that the seeds do not fall or lose their juice.
- Bandage: so that the slices remain unmoved, a good option is that you sell the area with the help of bandages or transparent film for food such as the one used in the kitchen.
- Wait: once the area is already bandaged, you just have to wait for the tomato to act. It is normal to leave it for about 30 minutes or so, although you can remove the tomato slices when you notice that its juice has dried.
They are tips on how to cure varicose veins with tomato that we give you in, although we recommend that you always go to a specialist to indicate the best treatment for varicose veins and how you can act to prevent them or prevent them from appearing more.