Cleaning the liver and gallbladder is necessary in certain cases and although there are many ways to do this, one of the best is to use Epsom salts. These salts dilate the bile ducts and are slightly laxative, ideal for promoting the expulsion of accumulated waste, grit and even stones. To do the cleaning with these salts, you also have to drink apple juice, grapefruit juice and olive oil.
If you need to recover your liver health and want to try this natural treatment, as long as your doctor recommends it, pay attention to this article because in we tell you how to cleanse the liver with Epsom salts.
How to know if I need to clean my liver and gallbladder
If you have doubts about whether your discomfort is due to liver problems or other aspects, we recommend that you go to your doctor to check you well, diagnose you and offer you the best treatment for you. However, to give you an initial idea about the possible symptoms of liver and gallbladder problems, we list them below:
- Problems digesting coffee, dairy, fried, eggs, fatty fish and red meat.
- Gastrointestinal inflammation.
- Flatulence and gases.
- Gastric reflux and heartburn.
If these symptoms occur, it is necessary to perform a cleaning or perhaps, if the problem is advanced, you already have to opt for other types of stronger and more direct treatments, such as surgery, something that only the doctor can decide. So, if you already know that you need to purify yourself and eliminate toxins, fats and maybe stones, you will be interested in learning how to cleanse the liver and gallbladder with these salts.
Ingredients for liver cleansing
Before starting the liver and gallbladder detoxification plan you will need to buy a lavativa at the pharmacy and gather the following ingredients, which are very effective for this treatment.
Ingredients for liver cleansing
- 6 liters of organic apple juice.
- 4 tablespoons of Epsom salts dissolved in 3 glasses of water.
- 1/2 glass of extra virgin olive oil.
- 2/3 of a glass of grapefruit juice.
Epsom salts serve to dilate the bile ducts and are laxatives, helping to eliminate bile, liver and intestinal waste. Apple juice is necessary to reduce inflammation of the liver and help soften the stones in the gallbladder, if any, which will come out much more easily later. Grapefruit, on the other hand, also helps to improve the activity of the gallbladder and eliminate toxins. On the other hand, olive oil helps to reduce inflammation of the liver and bile ducts.
Here you can learn about what Epsom salts are and what they are for.
How to do a liver detox with Epsom salts
This cleaning lasts 8 days and should only be done if it is really necessary, in fact, this plan is designed to be done at most twice a year, that is, every 6 months, since if it is done more often it can be harmful. To prepare and do a liver and gallbladder cleanse with Epsom salts follow these instructions:
First stage of cleaning
In this natural treatment to detoxify the liver and eliminate waste and stones, you do not have to mix all the ingredients and take them at once. It's actually a multi-day plan:
- The first stage lasts 6 days, during which you have to drink the 6 liters of organic apple juice, that is, you have to take a liter daily.
- During these days it is not convenient that you take neither cold drinks nor foods, but it is better to take everything hot, and you have to eliminate dairy, fried and animal fats from the diet. Therefore, it is convenient that during these days you have a vegan diet, that is, eliminating all foods of animal origin.
Second stage of liver cleansing
The second stage is done only during the 7th day and you have to follow these steps:
- Eat breakfast: eat without added fat or sugars, for example, fruits, vegetables and cereals. To drink you can only take fruit juice or water.
- At noon: eat white rice with steamed vegetables, without animal protein, added fats or sugars and drink only water. From this meal, detoxification will begin.
- 18 hours: mix 4 tablespoons of Epsom salts in 3 glasses of water, you can use a bottle to make it easier. Divide the mixture into 3 parts, as you will take it three times. At this time of the afternoon, when you prepare it, you already have to take the first glass of this mixture.
- 20 hours: take another glass of the mixture of water and salts, remember that it has to be 1/3 of the initial preparation.
- 20: 30 hours: do a wash with a kit purchased at the pharmacy, in this way you will help empty the colon and make the detoxification process more effective.
- 21:30 hours: mix the grapefruit juice with the oil and drink it.
- 22 hours: take the last glass of salts.
To finish cleansing the liver with Epsom salts and these other ingredients, you have to follow these steps on the 8th day of treatment:
- 8 hours: prepare again the mixture of salts and water, specifically the dose for two glasses, and take 1 glass.
- 10 hours: drink another glass of the salt and water mixture.
- The rest of the day: drink grapefruit or apple juice, unmixed, and drink plenty of water alone.
- The next day, you can start eating solid again, in small amounts and that are very digestive foods. When you start eating meat again, start with something soft like turkey or grilled chicken.
Contraindications to liver cleansing with Epsom salts
Before deciding to start using this remedy, it is necessary to consult with the doctor our situation to recommend if this is the best option for us or if there are better ones. For this same reason, it is also convenient to know what are the contraindications of homemade liver cleansing with Epsom salts:
- They should not be taken by children under 12 years of age.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- During the taking of certain medicines, their consumption is discouraged. Therefore, it is necessary to discuss before with the doctor, especially in cases where treatments are already taken to treat the liver and gallbladder.
Possible Side Effects of Taking Epsom Salts
Regarding the possible adverse effects of this product, we emphasize that there is a risk that, when abusing its consumption, the following will appear:
- If taken in excess they can cause poisoning, since the magnesium they contain taken in high doses can be toxic.
- Being laxatives, if taken in too high doses, they can produce an electrolyte imbalance.
- For this same reason, they can cause dehydration when taken in excessive amounts.
In case the symptoms of discomfort and pain appear or worsen, it is necessary to stop this natural treatment and go to the doctor as soon as possible to make a review and, if it is an Epsom salt poisoning, treat us properly as soon as possible. In case there is no intoxication, surely, this discomfort will indicate that this is not the best treatment for us and the doctor will offer us an alternative to treat the liver or biliary problem.