Artichoke is one of the foods that have multiple health benefits. In fact, it is well known for being of great help to lose weight, but also to purify the body of toxins and waste. The latter are properties that are equally beneficial for fatty liver or non-alcoholic steatohepatitis because they help clean it, being one of the best natural remedies that can be used for this purpose. From we are going to explain how the artichoke is taken for fatty liver. Take note of the different ways to take it and a couple of ways to prepare it to take it easily. Properties of artichoke for fatty liver.
Before explaining how artichoke is taken for fatty liver or non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, it is important to know why it is good. The key is in its composition:
- Essential acids: Artichoke is rich in essential acids such as caffeic, oleic, cafeolquinic or linoleic acid, which have a protective effect on the liver. In addition, they facilitate the activity of the gallbladder. This improves the digestion of fats and has a diuretic effect.
- Other active ingredients: the artichoke also contains other components such as cynarin, which is known to enhance the cholagogue and choleretic action, producing an improvement in the functioning of both the liver and the gallbladder. In addition, it contains fibers also very beneficial to treat this problem.
These components in turn influence fat metabolism, so that it is possible to reduce bad cholesterol and triglycerides. Likewise, the function of the stomach and intestinal transit is improved because it has a laxative effect. All this makes fats better digested and, therefore, ends up reducing fatty liver.
How artichoke can be taken for fatty liver
Artichoke can be taken in several ways when you want to treat non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. All of these ways to take artichoke for fatty liver are equally effective:
- Artichoke capsules: one of the options you have to take the artichoke is in pills or capsules with its extract, which can be purchased in any parapharmacy or herbalist. Although it will depend on the level of the condition, it is recommended to take two pills a day, preferably before eating. It is best to follow the doctor's instructions regarding the daily amount or those of the product packaging.
- Artichoke infusions: it is another alternative to consume the artichoke. In this case, what has to be done is a normal infusion with the leaves of an artichoke that is as natural as possible, of course for the infusion do not serve the bottle. Its water can be drunk throughout the day for several days in a row, although the liter should not be exceeded. It is best to take it before each meal. The preparation of this infusion is very simple, you can be guided by the steps mentioned in this other article on How to make artichoke tea for weight loss.
- Artichoke smoothies: Artichoke can also be taken in smoothies. One of the best ways to prepare them is to cook them and crush them in the broth itself to take advantage of all their properties. Optionally, other ingredients that are also depurative can be added, such as cabbage that acts on liver enzymes, among other possible combinations.
Artichoke recipes to cure fatty liver
In addition to the ways that we have told you in the previous section, you can also prepare the artichoke for fatty liver in other ways. And it is an excellent food that can be taken as a first course. The recipes are multiple and varied, but it is important not to cook artichokes with fats when it comes to consuming them for fatty liver.
In this way, one of the best ways is to consume them in the most natural way possible. Here we propose two recipes with artichokes to treat fatty liver simple:
Cooked or boiled artichokes are the easiest to make. You just have to:
- Take a casserole and add a little water.
- Put the artichokes in it when the boiling water is already boiling, although previously they will have been washed, peeled a little, eliminating the outermost leaves especially those that are in poor condition, and chopped so that they can be made more easily.
- Let them simmer or medium for several minutes and wait until they are boiled to remove them.
- Eat the artichokes like this or add a little extra virgin olive oil raw so that they have a little more flavor.
Artichoke cream is another of the simplest and most suitable options for fatty liver as it is a very light recipe. It is easily prepared with artichokes, leeks, salt and pepper and vegetable broth:
- Chop the leeks and put them to poach in the casserole in which you will make the soup.
- Add the artichokes, which you have previously cleaned and chopped. In addition, you should remove the parts that are harder.
- Cook for a few minutes the artichokes along with the leeks.
- Add the vegetable broth, which should be very hot.
- Let cook for about 15 or 20 minutes or as long as necessary until the artichokes are soft.
- Crush the soup so that there is a cream, as if it were a puree but lighter.
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste and the artichoke cream will be ready to take.
With these guidelines and recipes, we hope we have helped you in a LIKE to know how the artichoke is taken for fatty liver. It is important that you always consult with a doctor to indicate the treatment and whether or not it is convenient that you complement it by taking artichoke in any of its alternatives.