Oatmeal is one of the most consumed foods worldwide, thanks to its incredible benefits, its high fiber content and its varied nutritional composition. While it can be ingested in cereal form, one of the most popular ways to consume oatmeal is through the famous oat water.
The properties of oat water are very varied. It acts as a moisturizer for the skin, eliminating impurities, and can also help to lose weight and get a flatter abdomen. On this occasion, in, we will explain what oat water is for, how to prepare it and, also, we will give you tips to consume it properly. Stay with us and continue reading!
Nutritional value of oats
Oatmeal is the cereal that provides the most protein in this entire family of foods. It has a high fiber content, as well as being rich in vitamin B, B2, B3 and E. On the other hand, oats also have minerals such as:
In this way, oats become a great antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, in addition to providing the body with a large amount of energy. On the other hand, oats also have avenacosides, which are part of the anabolic steroids, known to help and strengthen the growth of the musculature.
As for its nutritional value, every 100 g of oats provide us with the following components:
- 361 Kcal
- 61.2 g of carbohydrates
- 12.6 g of protein
- 7.1 gr of fat
- 5.6 gr in fibers
What is oat water for?
For many years, oats have been one of the most consumed foods because of the large number of benefits they bring to the body. In this sense, oat water has been used, above all, by those people who seek to lose weight or stay in a dietary regimen. Here are some of the most important benefits of oat water:
- Helps to lose weight: The low level of calories, sugar and fat of oat water makes it a great ally to lose weight, especially when prepared correctly. Experts in the field recommend its consumption in times of anxiety.
- Helps prevent cancer: Oat water does not allow toxins to build up in the intestines. For this reason, it reduces the risk of colon cancer. In addition, its high level of antioxidants helps prevent other types of cancer.
- Improves high blood pressure: This drink helps cleanse the blood, which is why it helps hypertensive people with their blood pressure.
- Decreases bad cholesterol: the mucilage of oats drags fats with them and does not allow them to be absorbed into the bloodstream, in this way, it lowers cholesterol and prevents diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Controls blood sugar levels: its high carbohydrate content helps regulate glucose levels. The body will have a greater source of energy, since the pancreas will increase its activity.
On the other hand, oat water has multiple uses, both aesthetically and in the human body, among them can be mentioned:
- It cures diseases such as diarrhea, since it is responsible for cleaning the intestines.
- It helps to eliminate facial imperfections, such as pimples, blackheads, muds, among others.
- Oatmeal water will help you get a restful sleep and reduce stress levels, thus acting as a true relaxant.
If you want to know more about it, here we explore all the benefits that drinking oatmeal water can bring to health.
What is oat water on the face for?
Oat water, in addition to benefiting the functioning of the body, also has many benefits for the skin of the face, thanks to its moisturizing properties. This drink helps to disappear dead cells, since it has saponins, substances that allow to remove the dirt concentrated in the pores. It also reduces excess sebum and fat on the face.
Oat water is also a great remedy against acne and all kinds of impurities, since it controls the excess oil that can lodge on the face. On the other hand, it is responsible for regulating the pH levels in the skin and acting as a deflator against diseases such as psoriasis, sunburn, eczema, hives, among others.
It can be applied in the form of a mask and combined with other ingredients such as yogurt, honey or eggs. After placing it, you should wait for it to act for a few minutes to rinse it with plenty of water. Soon, you will notice a softer and healthier face.
If you want more ideas to make your own oatmeal face masks, do not hesitate to consult our article by clicking on the link.
What is fasting oat water for?
Drinking oat water on an empty stomach is highly beneficial for health, mainly because it helps eliminate excess body fat in the body, purify the stomach and lose extra pounds.
It should be noted that, if you consume oat water on an empty stomach regularly, you will feel less anxiety before each meal, bad cholesterol will be reduced and fat can be burned quickly. Also, the metabolic functions will be performed correctly after consuming the fasting food. If you perform this challenge for 15 uninterrupted days, you will be able to see the results!
If you are susceptible to hunger attacks, you can try consuming oatmeal water before each meal, as it will generate a feeling of satiety that will remain longer and cause you to eat less than you usually eat.
How to make oat water
Oatmeal water for weight loss is a very easy drink to prepare, but there are doubts about what the correct preparation is. To do it, you will only need:
- 1 liter of water
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- 4 drops vanilla essence
The most important step, before preparing the oat water, is to let the flakes sit in soak for a whole night. The next day, wash them twice with distilled water and discard the water. In this way, you will get rid of phytic acid, a compound in oats that is harmful to the body and produces mineral deficiencies, in addition to bone loss.
Many people prepare the oat water by skipping this step and consume the water where they have let the flakes soak. The truth is that the properties of oats are not transferred to the water where they are left soaking, so in addition to being harmful, their effect will be null. After washing the flakes, follow these steps to make oat water correctly:
- Put all the ingredients in your blender or blender. If you're adding cinnamon, you can add it at the end.
- Blend for two to three minutes until the ingredients are well integrated and dissolved.
- Serve the oatmeal water in a glass, add a few drops of vanilla and cinnamon. So, you can take advantage of all the properties of oat water to lose weight!
In addition to oat water, do you want to know the best ways to prepare oatmeal and enjoy its benefits? Here we tell you how to eat oatmeal in all its presentations!