Currently, there are countless theories that explain the benefits and contraindications of magnesium chloride. However, before adding this mineral to your diet, you need to know in detail the role it plays.
Magnesium chloride is a mineral that contributes to the proper functioning of our body thanks to the qualities it contains, it acts on our immune system, strengthening it, with the aim of maintaining a healthy and balanced body.
What is magnesium chloride
Magnesium chloride is an ionic mineral composed of chlorine and magnesium (MgCl2) that mainly comes from seawater. This mineral plays a very important role in the body, it is found in many of the foods that we regularly consume and, in addition, it has multiple functions, since it prevents and treats diseases and infections, strengthens bones and teeth, among many others. Thus, thanks to its properties, many people include it in their diet to maintain a healthy body. Also, we must emphasize that everything in excess is bad, therefore, excessive consumption of this mineral has an adverse effect on health and our well-being.
Magnesium chloride is also an excellent natural treatment for the skin , it is used as a coagulant in some food preparations, it also has an essential role in the textile industry, since it is developed for the treatment of wool and cotton.
What is magnesium chloride for and its benefits
Magnesium chloride serves to strengthen the immune system and to obtain a correct balance, it functions as a regulator of the organism and is essential for obtaining energy. So, we show you what the benefits of magnesium chloride are :
- Improves energy.
- Helps prevent prostate problems.
- Balances the PH of the blood.
- Helps prevent muscle injuries.
- Prevents the formation of kidney stones.
- Helps strengthen bones.
- Promotes proper cardiovascular function.
- Helps lose weight .
- Reduces symptoms of arthritis.
- Strengthens teeth.
- Helps prevent premature aging.
It is important to note that magnesium chloride in athletes is very important, since it provides energy and helps them avoid muscle injuries. That is why athletes introduce vitamins and minerals into their diet that help improve sports performance.
As you have seen, magnesium chloride plays a very important role in the body and contributes to good health. However, to modify your eating habits you should always consult a specialist to try to incorporate this mineral into your eating plan.
How to take magnesium chloride
In addition to being present in some foods, magnesium chloride can also be taken as a supplement . You can find it in pharmacies, health food stores, health food stores and also in supermarkets. However, high doses of magnesium in supplement form can be detrimental to health. The amount of magnesium you should take based on your needs and weight is listed on supplement labels. Also, keep in mind that the different forms of magnesium are unevenly absorbed depending on whether the supplement is soluble or liquid.
We explain how to prepare and take magnesium chloride in sachets:
- You must have the necessary amount of the supplement (according to its label) and a liter of water.
- Pour the liter of water into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Once it has boiled, remove the saucepan and let it cool.
- Pour the water into a glass container and mix the crystallized magnesium chloride until it is well diluted.
- Once dissolved, it is ready to drink.
As for the intake in the form of pills and tablets, the amount must be that provided by the specialist, in the same way as the magnesium chloride in an envelope. Let's not forget that it is necessary to pay special attention to food supplements, since the doses should not be taken lightly. We advise you to follow the instructions of the manufacturer and the specialist so that you can follow your plan in detail.
What foods are rich in magnesium chloride
The intake of magnesium chloride through food is the most natural and healthiest way to acquire this mineral in the body. It is found, above all, in vegetables, mainly green leafy vegetables, legumes, nuts and seeds.
Here are some examples of the foods richest in magnesium chloride :
- Meats: chicken and liver.
- Fish: sea bream, sea bream, hake and salmon.
- Legumes: chickpeas, lentils and beans.
- Green leafy vegetables: artichokes, spinach and Swiss chard.
- Fruits: apple, banana, apricot, plum and avocado.
- Nuts: hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios, sunflower seeds and peanuts.
- Whole grains: whole wheat flour, oatmeal and quinoa.
- Dark chocolate.
We highlight that a healthy diet together with regular physical exercise is the best plan to achieve a healthy and balanced body.
Contraindications of magnesium chloride
Despite having multiple health benefits, we must emphasize that it is not necessary to consume magnesium chloride supplements if it is not essential and is recommended by a health professional. It is only justified to consume it if a doctor prescribes it. However, the normal intake of this mineral in food is not bad at all, since the consumption of these occurs naturally if it is not consumed excessively.
Thus, the consumption of magnesium chloride should not be carried out by:
- Patients suffering from diarrhoea.
- Hypertensive people who take medication for this problem.
- Patients with ulcerative colitis .
- People with kidney failure or kidney problems.
- Allergic to magnesium chloride.
Magnesium Chloride Side Effects
According to the Linus Pauling Institute  no adverse effects have been observed from the intake of magnesium chloride through food. However, side effects have occurred due to excessive consumption through supplements. Excess magnesium chloride has its side effects , some of them are:
- Diarrhea, since the intake of this compound produces a laxative effect.
- Muscular weakness.
- Lack of energy.
Do you want to know more about the side effects of magnesium chloride ? In this article we inform you in detail about the adverse effects.
In short, consuming magnesium chloride without making sure you are taking it properly is not recommended . In addition to informing you about its effects, its consumption should always be supervised by a professional.