Although many women are looking forward to menopause, there are also others who prefer to be delayed as much as possible because they still want to have children or want to delay the effects and consequences of this natural process, which is not exempt from a series of somewhat annoying symptoms such as hot flashes, fatigue or bone problems.
And, although sooner or later menopause has to come, it is possible to delay this process in the body by following a series of guidelines on a day-to-day basis. In we explain how to delay menopause naturally.
Exercise to delay menopause
Keep in mind that, even if we manage to delay it, it is good to prepare to face menopause in the best possible way, since it will finally arrive. If you want to know how close you are to starting this stage, we invite you to read this other article in which we explain the Symptoms and treatment of premenopause.
But, in the meantime, we start by recommending exercise, as it is proven to be beneficial to delay menopause naturally. The key is that with physical activity the body's organs stay young longer, which is advantageous for the body because it ages more slowly. In addition, with exercise, the body continues to secrete hormones, including estrogen, thus also delaying menopause.
Although all activity is favorable, it is true that there are a number of exercises that are more beneficial. Among them are all those that are aerobic type exercises because they are the ones with which the greatest number of hormones are generated. For example, you can run, ride a bike, swim or the typical aerobics classes. Anyway, it also helps that you walk at a brisk pace.
The ideal is to do physical exercise every day and it does not have to be very intense. If it is not possible due to lack of time, it is enough that you do the activity four or five times a week for about 45 minutes. However, the ideal is always one hour.
Physical activity is even more beneficial if it is done outdoors to take advantage of the properties of the sun's rays. Vitamin D is a natural antioxidant, which also delays menopause. But, in order not to have problems, do not forget to use sunscreen and expose yourself to the sun in moderation.
Foods to Delay Menopause Naturally
Diet is related to menopause. In fact, it is one of the most influential. A reason why it is very important to follow an adequate and balanced diet in which you cannot miss a series of beneficial foods to delay menopause.
- Soy is key to delaying menopause naturally because it provides isoflavones and phytoestrogens, which reduce the effects of estrogen in the body, in addition to delaying the symptoms of menopause. Of course, to obtain these benefits it is necessary that soy is not transgenic.
- Vegetables and fruits also have to be on the shopping list. Preferably, those that are rich in vitamin C such as kiwi or orange should be taken.
- Brown rice is very good because it contains phytoestrogens, as do cereals such as wheat and other foods such as sunflower seeds and onions.
- Cereals containing bran are indicated because they contain phytates, which bind to calcium. This prevents bone problems and diseases such as osteoporosis. Actually, it does not delay menopause, but it will make some symptoms more bearable.
- Proteins from white or oily fish also have to be taken daily for their beneficial effects on the body, especially OMEGA-3. However, you must be careful not to abuse tuna and swordfish because, depending on their origin, they are contaminated by non-degradable plastic compounds, which interferes with hormones and, in general, health. The same happens with sweets and salt because, the better the body is and the younger inside, the later menopause will occur.
Eliminate bad habits to delay menopause naturally
Aside from physical exercise, being outdoors, and eating properly, there are a number of bad habits that must be set aside to delay menopause naturally. And one of them is tobacco, as several scientific studies have corroborated that smoking more than 15 cigarettes a day advances menopause between two and four years. Therefore, it is best to quit tobacco.
The alcoholic beverage is not beneficial either to delay menopause. However, there are some exceptions such as fermented foods that have been proven to have benefits if consumed moderately. Specifically, in this group there is only beer because it is an antioxidant and contains isoflavones and phytoestrogens, which allow estrogen to be replaced in the body.
From we hope that with these tips you have learned how to delay menopause naturally. Anyway, if it is your wish, it is always advisable that you consult with a doctor.