Muscle aches are a condition that currently affects more and more people. This type of ailments usually occur especially in the back, but also appear in other areas of the body such as the legs, neck and arms, among others. The causes of muscle aches are also quite diverse although the reasons that most cause this condition are usually sports injuries, being in a constantly deficient posture and even the deterioration that our body suffers from the passage of time itself.
To combat muscle pain, specialists usually recommend a treatment that combines therapeutic massages with some drugs with an analgesic and even anti-inflammatory effect. However, some natural remedies can also help us relieve these types of ailments and their derived symptoms. That is why in the following article of, we will talk about the best essential oils for muscle aches. Read!
Wintergreen essential oil for muscle pain
Among the best essential oils for muscle aches, we must include the one that is made with the wintergreen plant, also known as axocopaque. Wintergreen essential oil is considered a natural aspirin due to its powerful analgesic effects, which are ideal for all types of pain, both muscular and joint, especially for cases in which tendonitis is suffered. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect, so it relieves other symptoms derived from discomfort such as cramps, headache and muscle stiffness in the event that it occurs in areas such as the neck and neck.
How to use wintergreen essential oil
- To apply wintergreen oil first dilute a few drops in another vegetable oil (such as olive or almond), since if applied directly it could cause skin irritations.
- Once you have it mixed with a base oil, apply the remedy with your fingertips on the affected area giving a gentle circular massage until the skin has absorbed the product.
- Apply this remedy 2 or 3 times a day until you notice a decrease in pain.
Never use wintergreen oil if you are pregnant, in children under 6 years of age or in people with an allergy to acetylsalicylic acid.
Rosemary camphor essential oil
Camphor chemotype rosemary essential oil is also a good choice in case you have muscle ailments. This product has excellent analgesic properties, which helps reduce both pain in one muscle area and prevent it from spreading to other areas such as the head, especially if it is areas such as the back or neck. It also has a powerful muscle relaxing effect with anti-inflammatory properties so it relieves other symptoms such as inflammation and cramps in the affected area.
Treatment with rosemary camphor essential oil
- As in the previous case, dilute the essential oil of rosemary camphor in a base oil, such as olive, jojoba or coconut among others.
- Apply it to the affected areas with a gentle massage with your fingertips until the skin has properly absorbed the product.
- Apply rosemary camphor oil 1 to 2 times a day. However, it is totally contraindicated in the event that you are pregnant and in children under 7 years old.
Ginger essential oil to relieve muscle aches
Another effective option against muscle aches is ginger essential oil. This natural product has a high content of acids, such as gingerol, which gives it excellent anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe pain and other symptoms such as cramps and muscle stiffness, especially if it occurs in the back area. In addition, its calming effect makes it a good remedy for relaxing massages.
Treatment for muscle pain with ginger oil
- Dilute a few drops of ginger oil in olive oil.
- Apply it with your hands on the affected area by performing a gentle circular massage. In this way, you will help both the skin to absorb the product correctly and to stimulate blood circulation so you will accelerate the relief of discomfort.
- Apply this oil 2 times a day until you notice an improvement in your muscles.
Eucalyptus essential oil, perfect for soothing muscle pain
Eucalyptus oil is also included in the list of best essential oils for muscle aches, since due to its richness in acids and flavonoids it has a powerful analgesic effect. In addition, it also has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, which makes it ideal also for other inflammatory diseases, such as arthritis and osteoarthritis.
How to Apply Eucalyptus Essential Oil for Pain
- To use eucalyptus essential oil, dilute a few drops of the product in hot water and apply the mixture to the affected areas with the help of compresses.
- Let the compresses rest in place until the skin completely absorbs the water mixed with eucalyptus.
- You can also prepare a bath with hot water and add a couple of drops in the water. You will have to be in the water for 15-30 minutes for the analgesic power to take effect.
- Apply this remedy between 1 and 2 times a day.
You may also be interested in knowing how to make ointment for muscle aches