The pace of life and work that we lead today forces us to live with a screen in front of us that can damage our eyesight. In most jobs that exist today, the employee has to spend long hours in front of a computer and, as if that were not enough, the moments of rest end up becoming moments that we spend watching social networks or watching series and movies.
Continuously staring at screens, as you can assume, can lead to serious vision problems and all sorts of headaches. To relieve these discomforts in the eyes, from we want to help you with a series of eye exercises that will help you relax your eyesight and avoid migraines and headaches. Let's go there!
Exercises to relax the eyes
To relieve the discomfort caused by the day to day with the screens and make the eye fatigue disappear, it is best to perform some daily exercises. Follow the tips below:
- Look at the dark: get comfortable with your arms resting on a flat surface. Close your eyes and put your palms over your eyes so that they are in complete darkness. Breathe slowly and deeply until you feel relaxed for two minutes. Remove your hands little by little so that the light does not damage your eyes and you can get used to it
- Move your eyes sideways: this is a relaxing and very useful type of eye gymnastics. You just have to keep your head straight and look as far as you can with your gaze fixed. For 5 seconds, keep your eyes fixed on each of the four sides (up, down, left, right). Repeat it three times.
- Massage the eyes: Use your fingertips gently and, with your eyes closed, massage the area under your eyebrows in circular motions. You can also massage your eyes by keeping them closed and pursing your eyebrows for 2-3 seconds. Open them and relax the muscles of the entire eye area. Repeat this exercise 10 times and soon you will notice its effects.
- Exercise to improve dry eyes: look forward with your head straight and relax all the muscles of the face. Open and close your eyes about 20 times, always keeping your muscles relaxed and making smooth, effortless movements.
If you want more exercises that teach you how to relax your eyes, check out this other article from.
Eye exercises to improve eyesight
As we have said, working and / or spending a lot of time in front of a screen causes damage to the eyes, which is why, in recent years, the number of people suffering from problems such as myopia, astigmatism and hyperopia has increased. In order to improve this situation, it is best to perform exercises that help you improve vision:
- Look away: If you're working, take your eyes off the screen and focus it on some object so that your eyes rest. Keep your eyes relaxed for 20 seconds before you start moving your eyes to one side and the other and get back to work.
- Give warmth to your eyes: by rubbing your hands and putting your palm over your eyes, you can give them the necessary heat to relax. Do a little pressure, always gently so as not to hurt yourself.
- Adapt the distances: you can achieve this by looking for a few minutes at all the objects around you. This exercise serves to improve focus, since when we have our eyes fixed at a distance, looking at objects that are nearby makes the eye work and does not get used to a single image.
- Self-massage in the eye sockets: with this exercise, in addition to improving your vision, you will relieve any headache that may be caused by tired eyesight. With the ring fingers of each of your hands, press where the nasal septum begins, at each end of the eyebrows. Raise your fingers to your forehead while still pressing, always with your eyes closed. Then, repeat the same thing but instead of directing your fingers upwards, take them under your eyes, as if you wanted to smooth your dark circles. With these exercises you will be able to relieve muscle tension and, when you return to work, you will feel much more relaxed.
Following these tips of eye exercises for myopia and other vision problems, will help you reduce fatigue in the eye area and feel a more rejuvenated vision, something increasingly complicated in the current digital age.
Exercises for dry eyes
For the same reasons that we have been mentioning, the screens also end up causing dry eyes and redness, which generates discomfort in the eyes and discomfort. Therefore, it is best to take precautions and prevent your eyes from drying out. If it is already late and dry eyes are already part of your day to day, you can resort to the following tricks:
- Blink next: for 20-30 seconds, open and close your eyes very often so that the eyelid helps lubricate the eye. Related to this advice we find the issue of hydration, because it is of utmost importance that you drink at least 2 liters of water a day and stay well hydrated.
- Turn your eyes: this exercise may sound strange to you, but the truth is that closing your eyes and turning them clockwise for a minute can be of great help.
Other tips to improve your eye health
- Wear glasses: In the following article, we help you find out if you need glasses or not. However, even if you do not need glasses to see from far or near, you must protect your eyes from the wind and the sun at all times, so to avoid risks, we recommend that you get good sunglasses.
- Lubricate your eyes with artificial tears: To avoid dry eyes, burning and redness, artificial tears can become your best allies.
- Use filters: finally, we propose that you use filters for the computer. Whether you wear glasses or not, there are lenses that reduce blue light from the computer, one of the main culprits of eye pain.