Parsley is an herbaceous plant that is one of the best known and used in cuisine, especially Mediterranean. And it has existed for more than 2,000 years, being used for cooking, but also for healing or medicinal purposes by the ancient healers and, even, also by sorcerers and people who were believed to heal through plants. The truth is that parsley has a lot of vitamins and iron. In fact, it is one of the species in which these contributions to the organism are most concentrated. A reason why many people decide to take it periodically.
But what is fasting parsley for? Mainly, it is used to help us lose weight, although it is not the only benefit. From, we will explain all its properties and benefits, apart from indicating how it is taken to help you lose weight or benefit from all its contribution of vitamins and minerals.
What is fasting parsley for – properties and benefits
Parsley is an herbaceous plant that is rich in vitamin A, C and K, in addition to having the necessary daily amount of calcium, folic acid and iron that every person should ingest and that are better assimilated by the body when parsley is taken on an empty stomach. Because of this nutritional composition, parsley has great properties and benefits for our health:
- Activates the immune system: parsley helps strengthen and strengthen the immune system due to its vitamin C content.
- Antioxidant: this herbaceous plant also contains beta-carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant, which helps to cope with free radicals and, consequently, to curb the effects of aging on the skin and other consequences such as skin cancer.
- Diuretic: parsley favors the correct renal function, being of great help to avoid fluid retention and eliminate toxins. Consequently, it facilitates weight loss. In addition, it helps to break down kidney stones by containing oxalates and to avoid urinary infections. Learn more Diuretic foods to lose weight and eliminate liquids in this other article from.
- Anti-inflammatory: the anti-inflammatory properties are also part of the list of benefits of parsley on an empty stomach, so that it helps to avoid inflammation of the joints and, consequently, the pain associated with them. It is also beneficial in cases of rheumatism.
- Energizing and tonic: parsley provides energy, especially in the case of people who have anemia due to its high iron content. Therefore, it is a remedy for people who usually feel very tired and fatigued.
- Antitumor: several studies carried out with mammals in the laboratory have shown that parsley inhibits the growth of tumors.
- Glucose regulator: Parsley also contains mirecetin, which reduces the risk of having type 2 diabetes and helps regulate blood glucose.
- Digestive: Fasting parsley is also beneficial for improving the digestive system. For example, it protects from gastrointestinal inflammations. In addition, it favors the correct intestinal transit because it has a slight laxative effect.
How to take parsley on an empty stomach
When talking about how to take parsley on an empty stomach, it should be said that there are several ways you have although, in general, the most common are infusions such as tea, smoothies or seasoning food and meals with this plant. All of these options maintain the health benefits of parsley:
Fasting parsley tea
The best way to take parsley to thin the abdomen is tea or infusion of this plant. Its preparation is simple:
- Boil an amount of water equivalent to that of a cup.
- When it boils, add a few parsley leaves.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat at the first boil after adding the leaves.
- Let stand for at least ten minutes with the saucepan covered.
- Strain the infusion and it is ready to drink.
Although this is the best way to take parsley to thin the abdomen, the truth is that there is another way that is much more concentrated. It is to combine it with lemon. Specifically, you have to prepare a parsley juice with lemon to lose weight, which is made by adding to the infusion the natural juice of this citrus.
Whether you drink parsley tea or parsley juice with lemon to lose weight or for other health benefits, it is advisable to drink a cup on an empty stomach. It is important that you do not add sugar or sweeteners if you want to lose weight. On the palate it is a bit bitter, but it is worth seeing the results.
Fasting parsley shake
Parsley to thin the abdomen can also be taken in the form of a smoothie. For example, one option is to combine it with other foods that are also indicated for weight loss such as celery and cucumber and that, in addition, are diuretic and low in fat. The preparation is simple:
- Wash all ingredients well
- Blend each of them in the blender, starting with the cucumber and then the celery
- Add a few parsley leaves and blend again until a homogeneous mixture is left
And you have this smoothie ready so you can take parsley on an empty stomach before lunch, being convenient not to take more than one glass daily.
Parsley in meals as a condiment
This food can be added to different meals to take it on a day-to-day basis. For example, you can prepare sauces, make tortillas, soups, and so on. The possibilities are numerous.
So that you can enjoy this seasoning at any time, we recommend you read this other article about How to keep parsley fresh.
Contraindications to taking parsley on an empty stomach
Despite the benefits of parsley for health, it should also be known that it has some contraindications:
- Pregnancy: It is not good to take it during pregnancy because parsley activates blood circulation and could have a stimulating effect on the uterus
- Menstruation: the days of menstruation should be avoided to take parsley precisely because of that activation of the circulation, especially if you have a lot of bleeding
- Kidney problems: people with kidney failure should avoid it because of its diuretic effect
From, we hope we have helped you with this article to know what fasting parsley is for so that you know all its benefits and how it is taken. We always recommend that you consult with a doctor to avoid contraindications. And, if you are going to consume it to lose weight, it is also important that you tell the doctor before taking it.