Coconut activated carbon has become a real discovery in the world of nutrition and cosmetics. This charcoal is obtained by subjecting the coconut shell to very high temperatures ranging from 400 to 700 degrees Celsius. In many beauty centers, as well as in different nutrition and food businesses, treatments and products based on activated coconut carbon are offered to care for and improve both your physical appearance and your health.
Properties of activated carbon
According to experts, vegetable activated carbon has absorbent and purifying properties . The use of this product of natural origin is applied both in the field of aesthetics and in environmental health, and due to the properties already mentioned, activated carbon is a natural purifier and a perfect ally to absorb products. chemicals, gases and toxins. Let's take a closer look at the properties of activated carbon:
- Purifying properties : today, activated carbon is used as an aesthetic ingredient, but its use extends to fields such as air and water purification, since its purifying power helps eliminate chemical agents such as gases, oil vapors and hydrocarbons from the air. Likewise, activated carbon is capable of absorbing chemicals directly from the water.
- Cleansing properties : the use of activated charcoal in facial and body cleansing and exfoliation helps remove dirt and expel toxins from the skin. For this reason, activated carbon is widely used to prevent premature aging.
- Whitening properties : as we will see later, activated charcoal helps to eliminate toxins from the teeth and, therefore, to achieve whiter teeth.
- Digestive properties : activated charcoal is perfect for rapid digestion, as its properties help the absorption of gases and bacteria. This is very beneficial for people who suffer from bloating, heartburn and abdominal pain.
Coconut Activated Carbon Uses
The uses of activated coconut carbon have spread, in a very short time, from the field of science and the environment to that of health and body image.
Experts in the field of aesthetics praise the properties of this active ingredient, while experts in the field of health warn and advise on its use. Knowing its benefits and contraindications will help you use it properly so that you get the best results without compromising your well-being. Next, from, we will explain what activated coconut carbon is for :
- activated charcoal for teeth
- activated charcoal for skin
- Activated charcoal for gas and bloating
- Activated charcoal for weight loss
Coconut Activated Charcoal for Teeth
Due to its absorption capacity, activated coconut carbon is commonly used for various treatments related to oral hygiene:
- General teeth cleaning
- Elimination of bacterial plaque
- Elimination of toxins that affect the teeth
- Bad breath treatment
Being a natural balance, activated charcoal equalizes the pH levels of the mouth, something that facilitates prevention against cavities , in addition to eliminating bad breath and treating other gum conditions.
Do you want to learn how to use activated charcoal for teeth? Experts recommend impregnating a clean and damp toothbrush with activated carbon and brushing your teeth well for two minutes as if it were your usual toothpaste. Use it 2 or 3 days a week to achieve good results in a short time.
Coconut Activated Charcoal for Skin
Activated charcoal is ideal for cleansing and exfoliating the skin, as the absorption capacity of activated charcoal acts like a magnet capable of absorbing all the impurities on your skin. Do you want to remove sebum and dead cells from your epidermis? If so, this natural product is perfect for your day to day life.
You can find activated carbon in cosmetic cleaning and facial treatment products such as masks, soaps, micellar waters, creams, etc. From we offer you a simple step-by-step to take care of your skin with activated charcoal:
- Mix the charcoal with water so that there is a somewhat liquid mass.
- Apply the mixture on the skin making gentle circular movements.
- Start in the center of your face, then rub the product up to your cheeks, chin and forehead.
- After a few minutes, rinse the mixture with plenty of water.
Remember to avoid the eye area during this process, because if the activated charcoal comes into contact with them, it will cause great discomfort and itching. If you want a product that absorbs oil from your skin quickly, you will love this option, as it is also highly recommended for people with acne .
Activated charcoal for gas and bloating
Charcoal can also be used to relieve stomach discomfort such as gas or abdominal swelling, as it is a product capable of absorbing the toxins from the intestine that cause such discomfort.
In addition, charcoal is used on specific occasions for the treatment of vomiting or diarrhea caused by the intake of some food in poor condition. However, medical professionals advise not to overdo the use of charcoal to treat gas and stomach discomfort, as different studies claim that vomiting and diarrhea are also possible side effects of this product.
At we recommend you try some less aggressive natural remedies for these discomforts. In this article on How to relieve stomach pain with home remedies you will find very effective and safe solutions for your health. As always, if the discomfort persists, we advise you to go to your GP so that he can recommend a treatment tailored to you.
Activated charcoal for weight loss
We want to start by explaining that the use of activated charcoal to lose weight causes discrepancies in the world of nutrition and health. Although it is true that activated charcoal is capable of absorbing fat from the food that is eaten (which could be translated into a method to avoid gaining weight), this product does not discriminate between toxins, fats and other substances. This means that the activated charcoal also absorbs the minerals and vitamins that your body does need, something that could lead to a serious nutritional deficit in the long run .
That said, experts say that taking food containing activated coconut carbon sporadically does not pose a health risk, but you should avoid doing it continuously.
In addition to avoiding continuous intake, if you suffer from any type of disease or pathology, you should consult your doctor about the possibility of consuming this food. This is because due to the absorption capacity of activated charcoal, the product could absorb the medications you are taking, nullifying their effects and making your treatment difficult.