Surely you have heard about the properties of garlic, and not only for cooking but also regarding the benefits it can bring to your body. Garlic can be consumed to treat and prevent various diseases, however, its taste displeases certain people, which is why the well-known garlic capsules have been developed that suppress that bad breath odor that is so little liked.
Properties of garlic capsules
These are the main properties of garlic capsules, which give this food great benefits for our health.
- Hypolipidemic: lowers the level of LDL cholesterol in the blood and consequently serves as a cardiac protector.
- Hypotensive: prevents high blood pressure.
- Peripheral vasodilator: reduces vasopressor agents, which allows vasodilation and helps to lower blood pressure.
- Platelet antiaggregant: thus preventing the formation of clots.
- Defense stimulant: garlic increases the action of lymphocytes and macrophages, in turn stimulating the immune response and helping your body resist infections.
- Hypoglycemic: prevents high blood glucose levels.
- Antibiotic and antiseptic: it serves as an antibiotic against different organisms, especially those that cause colds.
- Toning and purifying: it favors the excretion processes in terms of waste substances from the body.
What are garlic capsules for – benefits
Many people who have already heard of these food supplements wonder what exactly garlic capsules are for . Thanks to the properties described above, garlic can be used against many problems and can help improve certain processes in your body. These are the main benefits of garlic capsules :
- Helps prevent heart disease: By lowering cholesterol and blood pressure, in addition to preventing blood clots, it can help reduce the likelihood of heart problems.
- Helps prevent metabolic syndrome: this ability is given for the same reason as the ability to prevent heart problems, thanks to its hypotensive and lipid-lowering properties, among others, since this problem is due to an increase in blood pressure, cholesterol and a increased blood glucose. That is why it can protect your body against cardiovascular and endocrine diseases, such as diabetes mellitus.
- It improves blood circulation and is anti-inflammatory: garlic is a very effective anticoagulant and anti-inflammatory and helps stabilize blood circulation. This is also because it prevents the build-up of cholesterol, which can narrow an artery, favoring the creation of clots and slowing down circulation. Therefore, it is used to improve circulation and prevent or alleviate related problems, such as varicose veins and inflammation.
- Strengthens the immune system: garlic strengthens the immune system and thanks to this it can help you prevent viral or infectious diseases.
- Promotes brain function: as you age, blood flow decreases, something that ends up being noticed at the brain level because, for example, memory decreases. As garlic promotes optimal circulation, it can help improve learning abilities and memory that is lost with age.
- Garlic helps to lose weight: it is important to keep in mind that you should not only use garlic capsules to lose weight, since although it helps to lower cholesterol, it stimulates fat metabolism, thus reducing fat deposition and helping you control other problems. related to obesity and overweight, you have to use them as a complement to a balanced low-fat diet and daily exercise.
- Very effective antibiotic for respiratory infections: it is actually a good natural antibiotic in general, but it is true that it works especially well on the respiratory system. If you are a person prone to rhinitis, sinusitis or throat conditions, you should know that consuming garlic capsules can help you prevent respiratory infections and reduce these problems, thanks to the fact that it increases the number of lymphocytes (white blood cells) and its sulfur content. that helps fight pathogenic microorganisms, enhancing the immune response.
How to take garlic capsules
The garlic capsules come with a leaflet that explains how to take them and the daily dose to be ingested. These pills or capsules are mainly composed of arginine, selenium, sulfur and flavonoids, which are components of garlic, as well as garlic powder mixed with oils or extracts capable of softening its natural flavor.
Eating garlic pills can be an ideal option for those who want to benefit from its properties and benefits but without the need to notice the natural flavor of this food. There are black garlic capsules that do not differ much from white garlic capsules , but they mainly differ in that black garlic capsules are more effective in preventing and treating arterial sclerosis.
You can also find garlic and parsley capsules, these capsules contain vitamins A, B1, B2, C and D, as well as minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium, zinc and potassium. It attributes diuretic and emmenagogue properties. These pills or capsules with parsley stand out for being a powerful antioxidant that can help protect and care for the body against oxidizing agents, thus helping to prevent premature aging of various organs.
Each capsule contains 500 mg of garlic powder. It is recommended to take 2 to 3 capsules of garlic daily 40 minutes before each main meal. Take these pills along with water to be able to swallow them well.
You can learn more ways to benefit from garlic in these other articles where we detail the best ways to use it to prevent and treat common problems such as those related to excess weight, circulation and respiratory infections and inflammations, aspects in which garlic is very effective.
- How to take garlic to lose weight
- How to get rid of varicose veins with garlic
- How to cure sinusitis with garlic
- How to cure the flu with garlic and lemon
Contraindications of garlic capsules
Despite all the benefits that garlic brings to your body, you should keep in mind that there are a number of situations in which its consumption is not recommended. These are the main contraindications of garlic:
- If you have low blood pressure at this time or have been diagnosed with hypotension, do not take garlic capsules, as remember that they lower blood pressure regardless of whether it is low or high at that time.
- If you are taking any type of thyroid treatment you should not take these pills either, as it can interfere with the regulation of thyroid hormones.
- Before a surgical intervention, do not take them either. This food supplement can increase the risk of bleeding due to the anticoagulant effect, so refrain from taking it in this situation.
- For the same reason, if you have a disease that affects blood coagulation, that is, you have a coagulation factor below normal and your blood is already more liquid and it is difficult for it to form scabs and close wounds, such as is the case of Von Willebrand disease, do not take these capsules either. In these cases, taking a few seasons does not have to happen anything, but if a surgical intervention is planned, it is necessary to avoid its consumption.
- If you suffer allergic reactions to this food or any of the same family, do not take garlic in capsules because it can cause a reaction, which could lead to anaphylactic shock.