Turmeric and ginger are two ingredients widely used in cooking that also have important properties that can serve you for many more things. Both ginger and turmeric have significant nutritional and medicinal benefits that are enhanced when consumed together.
In addition, one of the biggest advantages of this infusion is that its preparation is very simple, so that with a few simple steps you will have these foods prepared to take. If you do not know how to prepare this mixture or do not know all the benefits it can bring you, do not miss the following article of. With this information about turmeric and ginger tea: properties and how to do it, we tell you everything you need to know about this infusion and we alert you to the precautions you should take into account, since even if it is natural foods, there may be possible contraindications.
Properties of turmeric and ginger tea
Turmeric and ginger tea has multiple health properties, especially for the digestive and circulatory system. But they are not the only ones because also, when taken, their benefits are also felt in other parts of the body. These are the main properties of turmeric and ginger tea that will benefit your health:
- Properties for the circulatory system: both turmeric and ginger are beneficial for the circulatory system in general and, particularly, for lowering the level of LDL cholesterol, which is popularly known as the “bad cholesterol”. Consequently, it also contributes to reducing the level of risk of heart attack or stroke. In addition, ginger helps to improve and activate blood circulation.
- Properties for the digestive system: this infusion of turmeric and ginger is beneficial for the digestive system because it helps to make digestion, apart from fighting constipation and cramps or discomfort in the abdomen related to difficulty evacuating or in cases of colitis.
- Analgesic and soothing: This tea also acts as an analgesic because the two products contain agents that help relieve pain such as curcumin and gingerol.
- Anti-inflammatory: for this property, turmeric and ginger tea is recommended for muscle or joint discomfort. In addition, the gingerols that are in this tea improve the skin when you have pathologies or conditions related to inflammations of the dermis such as ezcemas or psoriasis.
- Antibacterial: due to its antibacterial properties, it acts on the skin protecting it from bacteria, which are the cause of many skin diseases.
- Stimulates the immune system: this tea is beneficial for the immune system because it prevents its weakening, so that it is reinforced to face diseases.
- Regulator of sugar levels: both ginger and turmeric help regulate the level of blood glucose in the body, helping to maintain it and avoid glucose spikes.
How to make turmeric and ginger tea
Turmeric and ginger tea is not difficult to make. You only need water, ginger and turmeric, although there are people who add other ingredients, especially to sweeten it, such as honey, sugar or stevia, but that is already a matter of taste. So, follow these instructions to prepare turmeric and ginger tea:
- Ginger root
- Turmeric root
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add some grated ginger and turmeric (grams will vary depending on the amount of water).
- Let it boil on the fire for 10 or 15 minutes depending on whether you want the infusion more or less concentrated.
- Remove the saucepan with the infusion from the heat and let the infusion rest for approximately 15 minutes.
- And it is ready to consume or add some sweetener to improve its flavor. That already, as you prefer.
Here you can check more details about the way to prepare turmeric tea that will help you know varieties of this hot drink.
How Turmeric and Ginger Tea Is Taken
Turmeric and ginger tea is a fairly powerful and effective combination so it is not convenient to take a large amount or many times a day. In fact, it is advisable to ingest 1 cup daily.
And this is especially important if you are going to drink turmeric and ginger tea because there can be side effects when a lot of it is ingested and, above all, if this abundant intake is prolonged over time.
Side Effects and Contraindications of Turmeric and Ginger Tea
When turmeric and ginger tea is taken in excess, it is common for some side effects to appear. In general, they are not serious, although it all depends on the state of health of the person. This happens, for example, with the digestive system because this infusion, although beneficial, can produce irritations and gastrointestinal problems with excessive consumption. In this other article we talk more about the frequent doubt about whether ginger irritates the stomach or not.
In addition, turmeric and ginger tea also has some contraindications so it should be ingested with caution or avoided in some cases:
- If anticoagulant drugs are taken, it is not convenient to drink this tea because negative interactions occur. The same goes for blood pressure medicines or those that diabetics have to take.
- Pregnant women or those who are breastfeeding the baby should exercise caution and consult with the doctor beforehand
From, we hope that with this article about turmeric and ginger tea, its properties, how to do it and the contraindications and possible effects if taken in excess we have helped you to know this hot drink better. In addition, we want to remind you that it is always convenient to consult with the doctor before consumption.