Garcinia cambogia is one of the trendy superfoods of recent times. It is an oriental fruit that can be found in India, Africa, Polynesia and some parts of Africa. However, without a doubt, garcinia cambogia is famous for its slimming properties.
Increasingly, due to lack of time, society is becoming more and more sedentary, so it is expected that many of them will have obesity or overweight problems, in addition to other problems such as varicose veins, due to the lack of mobility of the organism. Whatever your case, in we talk about the slimming properties of garcinia cambogia. Notes!
What is garcinia cambogia and what is it for?
As we said, garcinia cambogia, known alternately as Malabar tamarind or Garcinia gummigutta, is an oriental fruit from India, Polynesia, Africa and Southeast Asia that is usually used to lose weight. This excellent property is mainly found in the peel of the fruit.
On the other hand, garcinia cambogia extracts for weight loss are made with both the peel and the pulp of this vegetable. However, in some regions of India garcinia cambogia is used to flavor some meals.
What's in Garcinia Cambogia
This vegetable is mainly composed of:
- Hydroxy citric acid (HCA): this is the best-known component of this fruit, since it is the one that helps fight obesity naturally.
- Garcinol: it is a very powerful anti-inflammatory and anticancer.
- Succinic acid – an antibacterial, ideal for fighting diseases and infections.
- Tartaric acid: an antioxidant that delays cellular aging.
- Cambogynol and cambogine: these two components are extracted from the resin, which are ideal for making gutta gum or gutagamba, a substance with purgative properties.
However, it should be noted that the star substance in this case is hydroxy citric acid, an acid very similar to citrus fruits such as lemon or orange. In fact, 30% of the fruit is composed of HCA.
Properties of garcinia cambogia for weight loss
Among the most powerful slimming properties of this oriental fruit are:
- Fights constipation: Its digestive properties help decrease constipation, so our metabolism could work much faster and better.
- Satiating effect: Garcinia cambogia is widely known for its powerful satiating effect, which largely eliminates our feeling of hunger, ideal for people with problems curbing their appetite.
- Eliminates lipogenesis: Lipogenesis is a process by which sugars are converted into fatty acids. In this way, the accumulation of fats would be avoided.
- Natural fat burner: this vegetable is also a powerful natural fat burner, helping weight loss without the need to take drugs for it.
With these properties, it is not surprising that garcinia cambogia is one of the most demanded products in the world when it comes to losing weight.
Other Health Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia
Apart from the properties mentioned above, garcinia cambogia has another series of health benefits. Among the most important, the following stand out:
- Increases serotonin: Serotonin is one of the hormones of happiness, so this fruit would help us to be more animated naturally.
- Natural anti-inflammatory: This oriental vegetable is also a powerful natural anti-inflammatory, so it is perfect for headaches, menstrual cramps and other common ailments, unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Rich in vitamin C: vitamin C is one of the most beneficial for our body, as it increases our defenses, prevents premature aging, some types of cancer and helps in the healing process.
- Food supplement: Garcinia cambogia is also considered a great food supplement. In this way, it would be a perfect plus in our daily diet.
- Reduces cholesterol and triglycerides: in this way, it would improve our health and prevent possible future cardiovascular problems, as well as other diseases related to cholesterol and triglycerides.
As you can see, this fruit is not only useful for losing weight, but also for our health in general. On the other hand, from we remind you to avoid the consumption of processed foods that are bad for your health.
side Effects of Garcinia Cambogia
Although it is a very beneficial product for health, it should be known that sometimes it can generate a series of side effects, such as the following:
- Headache: when you start taking this supplement, headache is one of the most frequent symptoms due to the process of adaptation of the organism.
- Skin rashes: at the beginning of the consumption of garcinia cambogia, small rashes may also appear on the skin, as if it were an allergic reaction. However, there are very few cases in which this reaction has been observed.
- Diarrhea or feces with fat: because garcinia improves the digestive system and helps eliminate fats, it is not surprising if, after the continued consumption of this fruit or supplement, we suffer from diarrhea or there is fat present in our feces. This, far from being a side effect, is a sign that our body is cleaning up and getting rid of fat.
- Feeling of being full: although it is something logical because garcinia cambogia helps to, precisely, remove the appetite, we are forced to put this in the section of side effects, since the feeling of being full can even be annoying.
- Lack of sleep and restlessness: This occurs when a person takes garcinia cambogia and does not exercise. This fruit increases our energy because it prevents our body from absorbing fats, so if we do not compensate with a little exercise there could be insomnia and some restlessness.
However, most of these side effects are due to improper use of garcinia. Therefore, before taking this supplement, it is important that you inform yourself and read the indications for use.
Contraindications of garcinia cambogia
Although it is a healthy product, it is not advisable to take this fruit in the following cases:
- Diabetes: in case of suffering from diabetes, it is recommended that you consult with your doctor before taking this oriental fruit, since taking the fruit directly or in capsules.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women: it is not recommended in these cases to take garcinia cambogia or other products containing HCA.
- Migraine or arthritis: in the case of suffering from any of these two conditions, it is not advisable to take garcinia cambogia or other products that have HCA.
- Medications: If you are taking medication, it is best to consult with your doctor before taking this fruit. Although there should be no problem, since garcinia is natural, it is always better to make sure with a visit to your doctor or specialist.
- Children: In general, as children are in the growth phase, it is not recommended that they take certain food supplements. Before giving your child anything, consult with his pediatrician or specialist.
From we always recommend that, whatever supplement you are going to take, you consult it first with your family doctor or specialist. Although they are natural products, it is always advisable to ask a specialist first.
How to take garcinia cambogia to lose weight
Garcinia cambogia can be consumed in three ways:
- Tablets or capsules
- Dry extract
- Liquid extract
Recommended dosage of garcinia cambogia
According to experts, it is not advisable to take more than 2,800 mg a day of this fruit. In addition, it is very important that, when acquiring garcinia cambogia, in the case of acquiring it in drugs we have to look that it contains more than 40% hydroxy citric acid (HCA).
We also remind you that you should exercise in addition to taking this supplement, not only to help you lose weight along with a healthy and balanced diet, but because otherwise, as we have seen, you could suffer from insomnia and restlessness. For more information, read the labeling of your garcinia cambogia.
Now that you know the slimming properties of garcinia cambogia, you may also be interested in this other article from on Properties of noni for weight loss.