Natural medicine is a great ally to combat anxiety, stress or lack of energy. This is made up of multiple medicinal plants that, thanks to their beneficial properties, allow us to improve our physical and mental performance on a daily basis. Among these herbs, Rhodiola Rosea stands out, a plant of arctic origin that allows us to strengthen our nervous system.
What is Rhodiola Rosea
In the coldest areas of the planet, such as the Arctic, Siberia, Iceland, Scandinavia or Central Asia, Rhodiola Rosea , also known as arctic root , grows , a plant between 5 and 40 centimeters, characterized by its yellow flowers, which sometimes Throughout history it has been used for medicinal purposes. From the Greeks, the Vikings, to the present day, Rhodiola has been used therapeutically to combat numerous symptoms , given its adaptogenic power.
It is a widely consumed plant today, given the many benefits it brings to our body. Mainly, its qualities reside in strengthening our nervous system , while fighting stress, fatigue and anxiety or improving depressive symptoms, symptoms that can appear with our routine.
Properties and benefits of Rhodiola Rosea
Rhodiola Rosea, as we said, is an adaptogen that can be obtained in the form of a supplement on the SuperSmart website . This natural supplement allows us to reduce anxiety, combat stress, reduce fatigue or work on traumatic events, all while normalizing and balancing our physiological functioning when these situations arise. Among the properties and benefits of the arctic root, the following stand out:
- Increase your energy : consuming Rhodiola allows you to combat fatigue by boosting energy and increasing the resistance of your body, which allows you to find a physical-emotional balance.
- Reduces stress – It has the ability to lower cortisol levels, also known as the stress hormone.
- Combats depression : thanks to its high content of rosavin and solidroside, the plant is capable of maintaining the levels of dopamine and serotonin necessary for the body.
- Increases cognitive capacity : enhances memorization and concentration, since it prevents mental fatigue and is capable of improving cerebral blood flow. Its consumption is recommended if there is emotional fatigue, for work or during exam times.
- Antioxidant : one of its most characteristic properties is its high antioxidant content, which allows the body to increase its resistance against toxins. It has antitumor capabilities.
- Slimming power: by controlling the stress hormone, it also helps reduce the risk of gaining weight, since it increases the elimination of fat by approximately 9%. The arctic root is capable of activating the body's lipolytic processes, thus acting as a natural fat burner.
- Improves cardiovascular health : increases blood oxide levels, so your heart will stay healthier and stronger.
- Fights insomnia : its relaxing properties improve insomnia and fatigue, a consequence of not resting properly during sleep.
- Strengthens the immune system : increases our defenses to fight diseases.
- Recommended for diabetics : Rhodiola helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Improves hearing : another of its great properties is that it helps improve hearing.
- Effective for the thyroid : improves the function of the thyroid hormone.
- It works as a liver protector : protecting the liver from environmental toxins.
- Effective for Parkinson's : its ability to increase dopamine levels, the main neurotransmitter that is lacking in people suffering from this disease, allows Rhodiola Rosea to be used in treatments against Parkinson's.
- Athletes' ally : increases energy and endurance and reduces muscle recovery time.
- Improves libido : Rhodiola Rosea is a natural aphrodisiac that can increase sexual desire in men and women, as well as improve erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation in men.
How to take Rhodiola Rosea
Now that you know all the benefits of Rhodiola Rosea, it is important to know how to take it. Currently you can find it in natural supplements, although you can also consume its own extract or prepare it in infusions:
- Nutritional supplements : one tablet a day is recommended, preferably in the morning, about 15 minutes before breakfast.
- Rhodiola extract : take 1 ml per day in the morning.
- Infusion : you can take 2 or 3 Rhodiola infusions daily.
Rhodiola has an immediate effect . After taking it, you will feel how your mood changes and how the energy in your body increases. You will feel more positive, your concentration will improve and you will reduce stress, anxiety and fatigue. If you want to increase your resistance to the accelerated life we lead, Rhodiola Rosea will be your best ally.
Now that you know the properties and benefits of Rhodiola Rosea, you may also be interested in this other article about what serrapeptase is used for.