The passage of time, the intake of certain medications, drinks with food dyes, coffee and also tobacco are factors that can cause the teeth to turn yellow or stains to appear on them. To avoid this, nothing replaces daily brushing, but when the problem already exists, you can also use some home remedies to whiten your teeth. We must make it clear that having a healthy mouth and a beautiful smile will depend on maintaining proper oral hygiene and going to the dentist for any anomaly that affects our teeth and gums.
In this sense, prior consultation with a specialist is essential before doing teeth whitening at home.
The ability to whiten that sodium bicarbonate possesses is known and its use in household cleaning is common. This substance is also present as a component in numerous toothpastes and can be a good ally if you are considering how to remove the yellow color from your teeth. It is important to remember that baking soda is abrasive and should be used to whiten teeth, moderately and sporadically, never daily because it would end up damaging tooth enamel.
- Mix a small tablespoon of baking soda with a little water until you create a homogeneous paste
- Use the mixture as if it were your toothpaste
- Brush gently for a few minutes and rinse with plenty of water
It is important to remember that prior consultation with a specialist is essential before doing teeth whitening at home.
Lemon juice is a totally natural ingredient that has multiple applications when it comes to removing stains. For example, on fabrics or different surfaces. Its ability to lighten means that it is also used, with due precautions, to treat skin blemishes. Given its properties, it can be effective if the goal is to achieve a cleaner and brighter smile.
You have two options for lemon to help you whiten your teeth:
- Put a small amount of juice on the brush and brush your teeth as usual. Rinse conveniently.
- Mix the juice of half a lemon in a glass of water and, after brushing, rinse with the mixture, as if it were a mouthwash. Finish by rinsing with just water.
As with baking soda, the acids in the lemon could damage the enamel. Also in this case, the use of this remedy for teeth whitening at home must be moderate, always with due precautions and taking into account that they may be discouraged in some cases.
Resorting to coconut oil to lighten the color of your teeth is an option considering the antibacterial properties of this vegetable oil that can be a complement to your oral hygiene.
It can be used to make rinses :
- Hold a small amount of this oil for a few minutes in your mouth after brushing your teeth.
- Once done, a new rinse with water only is necessary.
- When purchasing this product, check that it is suitable for this use
Although there is no scientific evidence to support the whitening power of banana peel, it is true that the presence of salicylic acid in it could be beneficial for teeth due to its ability to deep clean by removing tartar.
- Use a strip of fruit peel on the inside and pass it through the teeth (also on the back)
- Leave on for a few minutes, brush and rinse
We must make it clear that you should go to the dentist for any anomaly that affects our teeth and gums before doing teeth whitening at home.
The malic and acetic acids contained in apple cider vinegar mean that this food seasoning can also be effective in removing stains on teeth.
Diluting a few tablespoons in a glass of water to make a mouthwash with this mixture after brushing will help eliminate bacteria, thus exerting a gentle rinsing action. Remember to use it moderately, since acids are abrasive.
You have to remember that having a healthy mouth and a beautiful smile will depend on going to the dentist for any anomaly.
If you are wondering how to whiten teeth quickly, sage leaves could be the answer. This plant, with multiple beneficial properties for the body, can also be used in oral hygiene.
To remove dental stains:
- Wash some leaves and gently rub them on your teeth
- Leave on for a few minutes and rinse
- Another option is to prepare the leaves in an infusion and use it as a mouthwash after brushing.
It is rich in minerals, such as magnesium and selenium that help strengthen teeth and also has antibacterial properties.
By mixing a small tablespoon of turmeric in a little water you can make a homemade toothpaste that helps remove possible stains. Use it in brushing and rinse with plenty of water .
Pineapple and papaya
Not only are they two fruits rich in vitamins and minerals, excellent for taking care of your health in general, but they also contain enzymes, papain in the case of papaya and bromelain in the case of pineapple, which have a mild whitening effect that can help reduce the yellow of the teeth. Incorporating these fruits into your diet will only bring you advantages.