Ginger, which is obtained from the rhizome of a plant of the Zingiberaceae family, is a natural product with very beneficial properties to treat varicose veins and spider veins present in the legs and also to prevent the appearance of new ones. Mainly, its property of improving blood circulation is highlighted, which is key to improving the problem of varicose veins because these have their origin in circulatory problems. However, this is not the only thing that ginger offers in this case, as it also helps to reduce inflammation of swollen veins and combat the pains, cramps, tingling and heaviness that this condition can cause. If you want to know in detail how to use ginger for varicose veins and discover good natural treatments, then do not forget to read this article from in which you can find all the information about it.
Benefits and properties of ginger to eliminate varicose veins
Ginger has many medical applications today due to the multiple health benefits it offers, and among all of them, we find that it is one of the most effective natural remedies for varicose veins that exist. This is mainly due to the fact that it has anti-inflammatory, analgesic properties that favor blood circulation. In this way, it can help improve blood flow by preventing the accumulation of blood in the veins and, consequently, the dilation and swelling of these. Let's see below in more detail what are the benefits of ginger to eliminate varicose veins and spider veins:
- Improves blood circulation: ginger naturally promotes blood circulation, which is ideal for dissolving fibrin (protein involved in clotting mechanisms) in blood vessels and preventing circulatory problems such as varicose veins. Those who suffer from varicose veins have an inability to break down fibrin properly, which is why the veins become dialyzed and swollen. In addition to this, this property makes ginger also excellent for preventing thrombosis, clots, high blood cholesterol, heart attacks and other heart ailments.
- It is anti-inflammatory: its anti-inflammatory properties are excellent for reducing the swelling of the affected veins and reducing the discomfort associated with it, such as leg pain, tingling, heaviness, cramps, etc.
- It is analgesic: in addition to its anti-inflammatory effect, we have to add its analgesic power, which effectively fights the pain and discomfort of inflammatory conditions such as varicose veins.
However, these are not the only health benefits of ginger, if you want to discover them all, we invite you to read our article What are the properties of ginger.
Ginger tea for varicose veins
If you want to use ginger for varicose veins and take advantage of all its properties, you can do it in several ways, as we will detail throughout this article. One of the most effective and beneficial ways is to take it as an infusion, which you will have to prepare with a little ginger root and water. Take note of the following ginger tea recipe for varicose veins, it will help you greatly improve the health of your circulatory system and prevent and combat varicose veins:
- 1 cup large mineral water
- 1 small tablespoon ginger root
- First of all, with a knife, chop the ginger into small pieces.
- In a pot or saucepan, add the water and put it on the fire to boil.
- When the water reaches the boiling point, add the chopped ginger.
- Let the ginger cook for about 15 minutes.
- After that time, remove from the heat and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Finally, strain the preparation, add some lemon juice to improve the taste and the ginger tea will be ready to drink.
To reduce inflammation of varicose veins and combat the discomfort they cause, you can drink 2 cups of ginger tea a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Anyway, it is important that before consuming this remedy, you inform yourself if it is suitable for your state of health, for this, we recommend that you consult the article What are the contraindications of ginger.
Other ways to use ginger for varicose veins
You can also take ginger for varicose veins in the form of a food supplement through ginger capsules available in pharmacies or stores specializing in the sale of natural products. They help improve blood flow and relieve the discomfort caused by varicose veins in the legs.
In this case, you can take 1 to 3 capsules a day accompanied by a glass of water. It is best to follow the instructions specified on the product packaging as to the recommended dose and consult with your doctor or nutritionist beforehand if this type of food supplement is suitable for you.
On the other hand, it is possible to use ginger locally and externally to reduce inflammation of varicose veins and relieve the lower extremities. To do this, you will have to prepare a ginger poultice as follows:
- Cut 1 ginger root into pieces and mash it in a mortar until it is like a puree.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sea salt and 2 cloves of peeled and chopped garlic.
- Crush the ingredients again until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Wrap the preparation in flim paper
- Place the poultice on the one affected by varicose veins and let it act for a few minutes to feel relief.
Other remedies to eliminate painful varicose veins in the legs
In the same way as ginger, there are other natural products that can be very useful to reduce the inflammation of varicose veins and prevent the appearance of new varicose veins in the legs. Among those that offer good results, we find some such as the following:
- Horse Chestnut: Drink 2 cups of horse chestnut tea a day. To prepare it, boil the equivalent of 1 cup of water, add 1 small tablespoon of bark or horse chestnut seeds and let cook for 10 minutes. Then, remove from heat, strain and you're good to go! It has anti-inflammatory, venotonic, vasoprotective, analgesic, diuretic and anti-edema effects.
- Apple cider vinegar: massage the legs with varicose veins with a little apple cider vinegar making circular movements until the skin absorbs the product completely. Apple cider vinegar improves blood circulation and relieves symptoms caused by varicose veins.
- Garlic: Make a mixture with 5 crushed garlic cloves, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the juice of 1/2 lemon. Massage the affected leg by applying this preparation making upward movements and let it act for 1 hour before removing it. Garlic contains allicin and ajoene, two compounds that improve blood circulation and, in addition, is also anti-inflammatory and decongestant.
- Horsetail: you can take 1 infusion of horsetail a day or use the infusion prepared to soak gauze with it and use it externally as a poultice. This plant has very powerful circulatory and diuretic properties.