Did you know that garlic is one of the most recommended natural remedies to cure candidiasis? When the so-called candida albicans fungus grows excessively and proliferates in some areas of our body, it can cause a fungal infection that generates various symptoms depending on the place of affectation. Usually, such an infection usually occurs in the intestine, oral cavity or genital area and in addition to initiating proper medical treatment, it is also possible to accelerate its healing with some effective remedies for it such as garlic. Keep reading this article to find out how to use garlic for thrush and you will see how you manage to reduce its annoying symptoms in a very short time. Benefits of garlic for candidiasis.
Among the multiple properties of garlic for health, we find the antibacterial and antifungal properties, which are excellent for curing fungal infections or candidiasis naturally. In fact, there are several studies that have highlighted the effectiveness of garlic in the treatment of candidiasis, highlighting its great power to eliminate microorganisms such as yeasts and help strengthen our immune system, which will also help the infection disappear more quickly. Let's see below what are the components that make garlic act against candidiasis effectively.
The components responsible for the benefits of garlic for candidiasis are the compound alliin and the enzyme alliinase. When crushing or chopping garlic cloves, the alliin compound comes into direct contact with the enzyme alliinase and that is when allicin and ajoene are created, substances that have great fungicidal and antibacterial properties and that are capable of destroying the fungi and bacteria responsible for infections that can affect our body.
Discover in another article of many more benefits of garlic. In the following sections, we will show in detail how to use garlic for intestinal, genital and oral candidiasis. Read on to discover all the treatments.
Garlic for intestinal candidiasis
Intestinal candidiasis occurs when the candida fungus albicans grows excessively in the small intestine, a situation that can occur due to various factors such as nutritional deficiencies, taking some medications, poor eating habits, excessive and prolonged stress, diabetes, overweight, lack of digestive enzymes, among others. It usually causes symptoms such as gas, burning, abdominal inflammation, constipation or diarrhea, feces with a very bad smell, bad digestions, headache, night sweat, weakness, dry mouth, etc., and it will be necessary to start a medical antifungal treatment and a fairly strict diet. These can be reinforced with a natural remedy such as garlic, unless the medical specialist indicates otherwise.
To use garlic for intestinal candidiasis, you need to carry out the following steps:
- Crush or liquefy 1 clove garlic.
- Mix the crushed garlic with 1 glass of warm water.
- Strain the preparation to remove the pieces of garlic that may have remained.
- Drink the mixture in the morning on an empty stomach.
If you prefer, you can also eat a couple of raw garlic a day to combat this condition, we recommend that you consult the following article to know in detail how to eat raw garlic.
Garlic for vaginal yeast
It is also possible to cure vaginal yeasts with garlic and in this case, there are several treatments that can be carried out. Vaginal candidiasis is a very common infection among women and although the symptoms of it can vary from one woman to another, usually, the excessive growth of candida in the female genital area causes thick white discharge, itching, burning, stinging, irritation, discomfort when urinating and pain when having sex.
One of the best natural remedies to cure vaginal candidiasis is garlic and this can be used in the following ways:
- Peel about 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, crush them a little and wrap them in a sterile waste, as if it were a small bag. Next, tie the ends of the bag with a thread, so that it can leave it hanging outside the vagina. You should carefully insert the bag into the vagina as if it were a tampon and let it act for about 2 or 3 hours. It is very important that if you feel a lot of stinging during the treatment, you stop it immediately to avoid complications. After that time, you will only have to pull the thread to remove the garlic from the vagina.
- Crush 2 or 3 cloves of garlic and then add them in a large container with warm water. Make a sitz bath with this preparation for about 10 or 15 minutes approximately.
- In health food stores or herbalists, you can find the so-called garlic capsules or pearls that are good natural supplements for the treatment of candidiasis. Follow the instructions on the product leaflet to take them correctly.
Garlic for fungi on the glans
Garlic also serves as a natural treatment to cure candidiasis in men. In these, the yeast infection usually appears after having sex with a woman who has vaginal candidiasis, although in some cases it can also develop due to a weakened immune system, poor eating habits, overweight, diabetes or use of aggressive hygiene products. Male genital candidiasis occurs with a rash on the glans, redness, itching, irritation, white and thick penile secretions, discomfort when urinating and drier penile skin. In the following article, we detail what is the medical treatment to follow to cure fungi on the glans.
The garlic treatment for fungi on the glans that you can use is as follows:
- Peel and chop a clove of garlic and then apply the paste directly to the skin of the glans to reduce symptoms. You can apply it for about 20 or 30 minutes.
- On the other hand, you can also eat raw garlic or add it to your daily dishes.
- And in the same way as women, you can buy capsules or pearls of garlic in stores specialized in the sale of natural products and take them as a supplement daily.
Garlic for oral thrush
Finally, we can use garlic for oral thrush, a fungal infection in the oral cavity that is manifested by white and velvety lesions on the tongue and mouth, light bleeding when brushing the teeth or scratching, discomfort when swallowing and dry mouth. To prevent this infection from spreading, in the face of these symptoms it is very important to consult with the doctor and start, first of all, the treatment indicated.
To cure the fungi in the mouth with garlic and prevent further yeast growth, you just have to do the following:
- Peel 1 clove of garlic and cut it in half with a knife.
- Place each of the garlic halves on both sides of the cheeks and let it act for about 30 minutes, approximately.
- If you can't stand the strong taste of garlic, another good option is to split the clove in half and ingest it directly as if it were a capsule accompanied by a glass of water.