We would all like to wear a totally flat and toned belly. However, this goal requires a lot of effort on the part of whoever proposes it, since the abdomen is one of the areas of our body where we accumulate the fattest. Therefore, getting this localized area to lose weight will mainly require that we exercise daily and improve our diet. However, did you know that there are certain natural remedies that can help us lose belly fat faster?
In addition to the guidelines we have explained, there are some natural products that can promote weight loss. One of the most effective for reducing abdominal fat is ginger (also known scientifically as Zingier officinale Roscoe) as it has different slimming properties. That is why in the following article of we will explain how to take ginger to thin the abdomen. Notes!
Properties and benefits of ginger to slim the abdomen
Ginger, also known scientifically as Zingiber officinale roscoe, is a plant that is mainly grown in different warm regions of South Asia. Although the leaves and stem of this vegetable can be used and ingested, it is in the root of ginger where practically all its active ingredients are concentrated, including its composition of gingerols, shogaols, essential oils, fiber, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and curcumin, among others. Due to all this nutritional richness, ginger has the following properties and benefits to lose weight in the abdomen:
- Fat burning properties: thanks to active ingredients such as gingerol and shogaol, ginger helps accelerate metabolism, which in turn makes our body consume more energy and burn more abdominal fat.
- Thermogenic properties: once again, it is thanks to this composition that ginger has a thermogenic effect that increases the body temperature of our body. As a consequence, our body manages to burn more effectively the fats accumulated in the belly.
- Satiating properties: Due to its fiber content and other nutrients, ginger helps decrease appetite by raising serotonin levels (i.e., regulating the feeling of hunger that this neurotransmitter causes).
- Diuretic properties: thanks to its vitamin and mineral content, this vegetable helps fight fluid retention and increases the elimination of toxins accumulated in our body.
- Digestive properties: due to its active ingredients, ginger is a food that, by increasing gastric juices, manages to improve digestion. In this way, it avoids some digestive problems that slow down weight loss such as abdominal bloating, constipation or heavy digestions.
How to prepare ginger for losing belly fat
Now that we know all the properties of this root, we explain how to prepare and take ginger in the form of an infusion to thin the abdomen. You will only need two main ingredients:
- 1 liter of mineral water
- 4 tablespoons grated ginger
Preparation and treatment:
- First of all, you will have to add 1 liter of water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- When the water reaches its boiling point, turn off the heat and add the zest of a ginger root into the saucepan water.
- Let the ginger sit in the boiled water for 10 minutes and then strain the drink to remove the zest residue.
- To notice the effects of ginger, you will first need to take 1 cup of this fasting infusion and then another cup before dinner.
Take this infusion at least 3 times a week for a couple of months
Other ways to prepare ginger to thin the abdomen
In addition to the above remedy, there are other ways to take ginger to lose fat in the abdominal area. Among the most used we find:
Ginger and lemon water to lose weight
Lemon is a fruit that stands out for its great diuretic power, as it helps reduce fluid retention by eliminating the accumulation of toxins from the body. In addition, it also has digestive and satiating properties that will favor weight loss both in the abdomen and in the rest of the body. To prepare ginger water we will need:
- 1 liter and a half of mineral water
- 5 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 lemons
Boil in a saucepan a liter and a half of water and when it reaches its boiling point, add the grated ginger. Let it cook for 2 minutes and then turn off the heat so that the grated root rests for 10 more minutes. Strain the contents and squeeze two lemons in the infusion obtained. Take the mixture on an empty stomach every day to notice results.
Infusion of cinnamon and ginger to lose weight
This infusion can be very effective for losing fat, since cinnamon has a great fat burning effect due to its thermogenic properties. In addition, it also contains both satiating properties and properties that regulate blood sugar levels, which reduces the accumulation of fats in certain parts of the body. To make this remedy we will need:
- 1 slice of ginger root
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup water
Add the indicated water in a saucepan along with the grated ginger and cinnamon stick. Let the ingredients cook for 10 minutes and then strain the contents so you can take it. Take 2 cups a day: one in the morning before breakfast and one after the main meal.
Ginger in capsules to lose weight
If you are not convinced by any of the options that we have shown you throughout this article, you can also try ginger powder capsules to slim the belly. Although the package will indicate how it should be taken, it is usually 2 capsules a day with a glass of water: one before breakfast and one before dinner.
If you want to discover other great uses of ginger, do not miss the following articles:
- How to use ginger for cold
- How to make candied ginger
- How to use ginger for the throat