The oil that comes from coconuts is a food that offers us great benefits if we take it properly. It is increasingly used as a remedy and in natural medicine, and even in beauty. It is used to treat skin, hair, teeth and also to regulate metabolism, but has more uses. For example, thanks to the powerful antifungal and antibacterial properties of coconut oil, it is ideal for fighting a candida infection.
In we explain how to take coconut oil for candidiasis, so you can treat this problem naturally and anywhere in the body.
What is candidiasis, its causes and symptoms
Candidiasis is a condition caused by fungi, specifically candida albicans and can occur mainly in the genital area of women and men, in the mouth or intestines. It is a fungus that we have in the body in a normal way in a healthy amount, but when there is an excessive growth of candida albicans is when we suffer the infection called candidiasis.
The causes of this lack of control are diverse, but mainly it has to do with the lowering of defenses or hormonal changes. Among the main causes of candidiasis are:
- Take antibiotics.
- Changes in hormone levels.
- Great stress or anxiety.
- Weak immune system or low defenses.
- Irritation in the mucous membranes of the intimate area, mouth or intestines.
A candida infection is usually easy to recognize for its characteristic symptoms, although it is always necessary to diagnose it by a doctor and indicate the best treatment, which can be medicinal, with natural products or combine both methods, which is usually more effective. These are the main symptoms of vaginal, oral and intestinal candidiasis:
- Itching and irritation in the affected area.
- Burning, stinging and inflammation.
- Digestive problems and abdominal discomfort.
- White spots in the mouth in the case of thrush.
- Whitish and thick discharge in the genital area.
- Painful urination in the case of genital infection.
- Discomfort when having sex.
Properties of coconut oil to cure candidiasis
The oil extracted from coconuts contains, among other components, triglycerides formed by medium-chain fatty acids such as caprylic acid or octanoic acid. This acid is a potent antimicrobial, so it has antifungal, antibacterial and antiparasitic properties. This makes it a perfect food to fight infections of different types, including candidiasis, and to prevent possible infections secondary to this same type of infection and other health problems.
Of course, this acid is found in more foods, but coconut oil contains a lot of caprylic acid. Therefore, it serves to treat candida both in the genital area of women and men, as well as in the intestines or mouth.
It also contains lauric acid, which helps strengthen the immune system, which will serve to fight fungal infection. In addition, being an oil, it also keeps the skin hydrated and calm, relieving symptoms from the beginning of its use.
How to Use Coconut Oil to Treat Candidiasis
To use this powerful antifungal, you can opt for its application externally or take it to use it internally. It is necessary to take coconut oil to cure oral and intestinal candidiasis and these are the best ways:
Mouthwash with coconut oil
This method is effective in treating oral or oral thrush. First heat the oil a little so that it is liquid, since it is solid when cooled. When it is warm or somewhat colder but without solidifying, take a tablespoon or two and rinse your mouth, such as when using a mouthwash or mouthwash. Allow the oil to reach every corner of the mouth, turning it over for 1 minute or a little longer if you can. Spit out the oil, but don't wash your mouth yet. Let the layer that remains covering your mouth continue to act for as long as possible, but minimum for 5 minutes. After this time, rinse your mouth with cold or warm water and wash it with toothpaste and water, as you normally do. Use this remedy 2 times a day.
Eating coconut oil
To treat this fungal condition anywhere in the body you can eat coconut oil, which is especially good when there is intestinal candidiasis. It is advisable to take between 3 and 5 tablespoons a day, depending on the severity of the problem. Take it for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you do three shots and if you are going to take up to five tablespoons, take these mentioned plus one at lunchtime and another at snack time.
You can use coconut oil to replace other oils and fats used for cooking, such as butter or sunflower oil, as well as add it to coffee, infusions, juices or smoothies.
Tampon with coconut oil for vaginal candidiasis
On the other hand, to take it to cure vaginal candidiasis, or on the penis, coconut oil can be taken with food or directly in tablespoons, so that it has an effect on the whole body or it can be applied directly or with the help of a tampon, in the case of women.
You can use your fingers or gauze to apply enough oil to the genital area, making sure that the whitish areas are well covered, as this is where there are more fungi, and do it 3 times a day.
In the case of wanting to use a tampon, in order to leave more time, the natural treatment and that it acts better, it is necessary that you get organic cotton tampons or ecological tampons. Soak a tampon in coconut oil, place it in your vagina and leave it the maximum hours recommended for the use of tampons, that is, 6 hours.
You can only apply 1 tampon a day, but you can do it for several days until you notice improvement. You will notice relief in a short time and in a few days, you will notice that the infection is controlled. The rest of the day, if you need to relieve symptoms, you can apply more of this oil without tampons or use other remedies.
Other home remedies to cure candidiasis
Apart from coconut oil, there are more natural remedies to cure candidiasis that you can combine, with the oil extracted from coconuts or between them, to achieve better results.
- Tea tree oil: this remedy is more indicated for oral or oral thrush, for which you have to dilute a few drops in a glass of water and rinse, without swallowing it, twice a day. It is also recommended for genital condition and it is enough to add a few drops in the bath water, to take a bath of about 20 minutes.
- Apple cider vinegar: helps regulate the pH of our body and reduce the presence of fungi. It can be added to food, make mouth rinses with this vinegar diluted in a little water or make sitz baths with apple cider vinegar and water to relieve candidiasis, depending on the affected area.
- Garlic: it is another powerful antimicrobial, so it fights both fungi and bacteria. It is best to include it in meals and take raw teeth on an empty stomach for the duration of the infection.
- Natural yogurt: being a probiotic balance the flora of our body, whether intestinal or genital, so it helps fight the excessive growth of candida. It can be ingested if the problem is in the mouth or intestines or ingested and applied to the genital area if the condition is there.