Do you want to lose a few kilos and show off a more beautiful silhouette without having to go hungry? In addition to improving the diet and doing some exercise to lose weight, there are different natural remedies that due to their richness in healthy nutrients, become a good complement to achieve this goal. One of the supplements that acquires more popularity day after day is bee pollen, a natural treatment that is considered very nutritious for its richness in vitamins, proteins and minerals, among other nutrients.
But bee pollen, in addition to standing out for its nutritional richness, has also become an excellent remedy to remove a few extra pounds for its slimming properties. In this article we explain how to take bee pollen to lose weight. Read!
Properties of bee pollen for weight loss
If you want to lose weight with natural products, bee pollen is one of the best options for you. Bee pollen is a food supplement that stands out for being very nutritious, since it contains a high content of nutrients such as proteins, amino acids, trace elements, vitamins and minerals. Due to this nutritional richness, this natural product is used in diets to lose weight. The reason is that it has properties that help us lose weight. These are the main properties of bee pollen for weight loss:
- Laxative properties: bee pollen is one of the best natural laxatives and is a good remedy for cases of constipation, as it favors the expulsion from the body of compounds that it no longer needs.
- Diuretic properties: having a high content of minerals such as potassium, this natural product manages to eliminate more fluids through the urine.
- Digestive properties: due to its richness in enzymes in addition to relieving constipation, pollen improves digestion avoiding the accumulation of fats. It also prevents related symptoms such as abdominal bloating, gas, and stomach pain.
Things to consider before buying bee pollen
Bee pollen has various health benefits as long as it is all natural. Before buying this supplement as a remedy that helps you lose weight, check its ingredients and composition on the product labeling:
- Many labeled claim that the product is 100% natural. To verify that this statement is true, check that in its composition there are no ingredients such as flavors. If so, the pollen is not 100% natural as it could have been mixed with additives such as monosodium glutaman.
- You can also check the purity of bee pollen by checking if the product has a certificate of analysis (COA). If this certificate is not included in the product, look it up on the company's website or call the company to provide you with a copy.
- Check that in its composition there are no other ingredients such as cellulose, titanium dioxide or caramel coloring, since they have a high sugar content.
- Look for other compounds such as color-preserving chemicals or mold inhibitors. Such preservatives are harmful to health due to their high content of chemicals.
How to take bee pollen for weight loss
Now that we have known both the slimming properties of bee pollen and some aspects to acquire this 100% pure and natural product, then we will explain how bee pollen is taken to lose weight according to the format you have chosen:
Bee pollen in tablets
If you have chosen this product in the form of tablets (approximately 600mg each capsule although it will depend on the brand), you will have to take 4 capsules a day (2 tablets during breakfast and another 2 during lunch or dinner). However, it is best to consult the indications of the package well and consult with the doctor the best dose in your case, as it may vary from the general one that we indicate here and that is indicated on the packaging.
Bee pollen powder
In this case, you will have to take 2 tablespoons of this powdered product a day distributed half an hour before each main meal (that is, you can take 1 during breakfast and another at lunch or dinner). You can also mix it with a little water or sprinkle it on meals.
Whatever option is chosen, bee pollen is a food supplement. This means that it will not work on its own, so if you want to lose weight you will have to accompany its consumption with a balanced diet and some exercise. It is also recommended that it be used for 20 days and then rest a week completely before resuming its consumption.
Contraindications of bee pollen
Before starting to take bee pollen to lose weight it is important that you go to your doctor to check if it is the most suitable treatment for your case, since there are some contraindications, apart from what your general health is. Thus, some of the main contraindications of bee pollen are:
- People allergic to pollen: in this case it is totally forbidden to take it since it could cause allergic reactions, such as itching and respiratory distress and can even cause anaphylactic shock due to the allergic reaction, and other more serious health problems such as liver and kidney damage.
- Pregnancy and lactation: This product can stimulate the uterus during pregnancy, which could cause problems during pregnancy.