Have you ever tried to thin your abdomen? If so, you'll know it's not an easy goal. Most of the time, a healthy and balanced diet is not enough and we have to force ourselves to go to the gym to do exercises that help us achieve our purpose. As we know that it is a long and heavy process, we bring you a product that will become your best ally to lose weight: baking soda.
Baking soda, known for its digestive properties, has long been used to treat problems such as being overweight. It is not a miracle that automatically makes you lose those extra pounds, but it has been shown that this product promotes weight loss, since it is a great ally to burn fat. If you are interested in losing the fat that accumulates in the belly and want to discover the benefits of baking soda to thin the abdomen, read on. We discover how to take baking soda to lose weight once and for all.
Benefits of baking soda for weight loss
Many times, when we try to lose weight, we realize that it is not only about losing kilos, but that, often, we cannot show off a smooth and light belly because we have an inflamed stomach. Baking soda is ideal for helping people who eat acid-producing foods lose weight and for boosting fat elimination. Of course, it is important to keep in mind that each organism is different and, therefore, the effects will also be presented in one way or another depending on the person. Here are some of the benefits of baking soda for weight loss:
- Antimicrobial and antioxidant action: baking soda is a white powder found in nature and has substances of antimicrobial and antioxidant action. For this reason, baking soda has been used for medicinal purposes for a long time.
- Due to the above properties, this product has also been used for household cleaning and as a cosmetic. Sound like you've heard that baking soda helps whiten teeth? That's one of the many features we give to this product today.
- Baking soda is also one of the natural supplements of the popular alkaline diet. Its compounds help, therefore, to reduce body acidity and eliminate waste that your body does not need, which provides us with many benefits to achieve weight loss and have a flatter abdomen.
Baking soda is also used for the following medicinal purposes:
- Cleanse and purify the body, as well as detoxify our body.
- Lower uric acid levels.
- Reduce stomach acid.
- Although it is not proven, many experts say that baking soda is a great ally to prevent cancer.
How bicarbonate is taken to lose weight
Next, we discover how bicarbonate is taken to lose weight naturally and quickly.
Baking soda and lemon to lose weight
Lemon is a great cleanser for your body, so by mixing these two products, you will notice benefits immediately.
- Heat a glass of water and add a teaspoon of baking soda.
- After a while, add two tablespoons of lemon juice and mix the ingredients well.
- It is important that you take it on an empty stomach, a good time before lunch. If you don't like lemon, you can do the same with grapefruit juice.
If you want more information on how to take baking soda and lemon to lose weight, we advise you to read this article on how to lose weight with lemon and baking soda.
Baking soda with green tea
For many, this is the ideal mixture for weight loss, since these two products together constitute a metabolism accelerator machine. Green tea is a great antioxidant and contributes to weight loss.
- Prepare half a liter of green tea.
- Add a teaspoon of baking soda and, if you want, a sprig of mint.
- Let the mixture boil for 10 minutes and then let it sit for 3 more minutes.
- Strain the infusion and ready to take!
Baking soda with coconut water, honey and lemon
- Take a bowl and add 6 or 7 cups of coconut water
- Add half a cup of lemon juice and a quarter cup of raw honey.
- Finally, pour a quarter teaspoon of baking soda and half a teaspoon of sea salt.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
This option is very good for those people who want to improve their physical performance and lose weight. The mixture of these products will fill you with energy and you will be able to perform better in the gym.
Baking soda with apple cider vinegar
- Fill half a glass of water and heat it.
- Once it is hot (it does not need to boil), add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a pinch of baking soda.
- It is important that you consume this concoction on an empty stomach and at least one hour before the next meal.
Baking soda with strawberry smoothie
Strawberries are one of the most alkaline fruits that exist, so they provide many properties to our body. Usually, adding a little baking soda to fruit smoothies is always a good idea, but from we discover our favorite recipe. It's very simple, you just have to add a pinch of baking soda to your strawberry smoothie and let it sit for a few minutes.
It is important that you take it as soon as you get up and that you do not eat anything else in a good time, to let the shake take its effect.
Contraindications and side effects of baking soda
These are some of the side effects and contraindications that you may encounter if you take baking soda to lose weight:
Side Effects of Baking Soda
- Stomach problems: Stomach problems are the most common problem you can encounter if you take baking soda. Like many products, baking soda can produce inconvenience in some people. To avoid stomach problems, we recommend that you consume this product when you get up and wait a long time before introducing any other food into your stomach.
Contraindications of baking soda
- Hypertension: If you have hypertension, you should avoid taking this product as it can raise your blood pressure and put you at risk for heart disease.
- Pregnancy and lactation: Pregnant or breastfeeding women should avoid taking baking soda, as this product can cause fluid retention and / or pass into the breast milk consumed by the baby.
- Other medications: If you are diabetic or taking antibiotics, we also recommend that you avoid baking soda, as the mixture can be harmful to your stomach.
Many of these problems occur in the long term, but it is important to follow the recommendations to avoid possible inconveniences in the future. Although it is not common, there are people who feel nauseated or bloating within a few minutes of having ingested baking soda. If 30 or 60 minutes after ingestion you have a bad mood, do not be alarmed, just rest and avoid consuming the product again.
Other recommendations to lose weight
The ideal recommendation is that together with the recipes and tips that we have discovered, you take a healthy and balanced diet. Avoid excess fats and sugars so that the process of losing weight is faster and baking soda can take effect.
It's also important that you exercise daily. Cardio is a great ally to burn fat, so if you combine it with other exercises to tone different parts of the body, you will notice incredible results in a short time. As we said at the beginning, baking soda is no miracle, so it is important that you do your part to achieve the desired results.
One last piece of advice? Check out this article on exercises to eliminate abdominal fat. Incorporate some of these exercises into a healthy and balanced diet, take baking soda as you like for extra help and in a few weeks, you will notice a big difference. From, we hope we have helped you discover how to take baking soda to lose weight.