An abortion, whether voluntary or natural, represents an accumulation of emotional and especially physical changes for women. Normally it does not tend to present serious complications, however one of the organs that is most affected is the uterus.
The uterus or womb is the organ where gestation takes place and with the passage of time many alternatives have been found to heal it after a curettage. Today, at, we bring you the best options if you do not know how to strengthen the uterus after an abortion.
Symptoms after an abortion
When aborting, the uterus loses a large amount of blood and is affected due to the detachment of the fetus outside the womb; this generates considerable damage to the reproductive organ causing both physical and hormonal effects in the short and long term. One of the biggest fears in the woman who has suffered an abortion is not being able to get pregnant again or suffer from a major problem.
It is normal to present pains at the level of the belly and in the lower back, as well as moderate bleeding very similar to menstruation. However, there are somewhat more alarming symptoms:
- Vaginal odor
- Very abundant or coagulose blood
- Hardening in the lower belly
- Accelerated pulse
It is important to go to the emergency room immediately if you have any of the symptoms described above, as this can mean a possible infection inside the uterus or bleeding that must be stopped.
Tips to strengthen the matrix
Rest, good nutrition and being calm will be essential when it comes to recovering the health of the uterus after this event. The first step to return to its natural state is to prevent an infection at all costs, this will also be of great help to start with the regenerative process of the matrix.
- It is essential to drink plenty of fluids: as well as consume fruits rich in vitamin C such as orange, pineapple or mango; excellent natural antibiotics.
- Maintain good vaginal hygiene. Bathe constantly but avoid douching or sitz baths.
- Avoid sexual intercourse: especially with penetration during the days of bleeding, at least about forty days after the abortion.
- Eliminate tobacco and alcohol consumption: both influence blood circulation, which, in that state, is better not to alter.
- Maintain a light diet: low in sugars and carbohydrates, as well as consume green vegetables and avoid frying.
- Do not make physical efforts: it is best to rest as much as possible.
After passing all this stage after the abortion, it is essential to begin to strengthen the uterus with the help of food, home remedies and exercises. This is essential if you want to get pregnant again or simply to recover completely. You may also be interested in the following article on How to Have Sex After an Abortion.
Natural plants and exercises to strengthen the uterus
The best natural remedies to strengthen the uterus are:
- Oatmeal: it is an excellent food to combat stress and depression. Thanks to its high content of iron, zinc and magnesium it is essential to recover the strength of the body in general, due to the blood loss generated by abortion.
- Raspberry leaves: according to studies, the consumption of such leaves helps to strengthen, repair and tone the ligaments and muscles of the uterus. The best way to consume them is by making an infusion with two tablespoons of leaves and a cup of water. Consuming it three times a day for two weeks will help you regain the health of the womb.
- Garlic: it is a natural antibiotic par excellence that will help prevent any complications. The ideal is to consume it raw, either in salads or meals so as not to lose its benefits.
- Kegel exercises: these exercises are responsible for strengthening the vaginal muscles helping to rebuild the sagging of the uterus. There are slow or fast exercises, but most of them are characterized by contracting and relaxing the muscles at intervals of time. Pressing against the pelvic floor for 30 seconds, relaxing another 30 more and repeating it 10 times in a row, you will begin to exercise the vaginal walls.
Infusions in general such as chamomile, linden, ginger or oregano are of great help to relieve pain, colic and cramps. In the case of tranquilizer teas, you can consume them based on lettuce, lavender or valerian. Now that you know how to strengthen the uterus after an abortion, you may also be interested in this other article from on What are the symptoms of a miscarriage.