Would you like to get rid of localized fat on the thighs? If you are reading these lines, it is surely because you have carried out some diets and routines to slim down your legs and you have not yet obtained any results. The thighs, either their outer part (known as cartridge cases) or their inner area, is an area of our body where we tend to accumulate more fat than normal, especially in people who already suffer from some overweight.
Therefore, in the following article of we give you some dietary guidelines and a series of specific exercises to eliminate fat from this problem area. Read on to find out how to slim your thighs and eliminate cartridge cases with our simple tips.
How to lose weight in your thighs – keys
As we have advanced, the thighs are a part of the legs where we tend to accumulate more fat than normal, so losing weight in this area can be complicated if we do not follow some main guidelines: follow a healthy and low-calorie diet and perform physical exercise daily both to eliminate cartridge cases and to thin the inner thighs are some of the main keys. In addition to these two basic pillars (which we will break down in the next sections), it is also recommended that you follow some of the following keys to lose weight thighs:
- Lymphatic massages: this type of massage is a good complement to thin this area of the legs, since it improves blood circulation in the area and, as a consequence, reduces fluid retention and minimizes the deposits of fat located in the thighs.
- Increase water consumption: it is recommended that you drink two liters of water a day, since in addition to reducing fluid retention of the thighs, it also increases the feeling of satiety, something very useful to help you in your hypocaloric diet.
- Use modeling and firming creams: one of the consequences of gaining weight in this area (especially in women) is the appearance of orange peel, fat dimples and cellulite. To prevent these imperfections, it is advisable to use these firming lotions, as they activate blood circulation and combat sagging skin.
- Shower often with cold water: this habit does not directly help you lose weight on your thighs but it is an excellent option both to reduce sagging skin and to improve blood circulation.
- Get enough sleep: Drowsiness is a bad habit if we want to lose weight, as it can lead to food anxiety. Therefore, it is convenient that you sleep, at least, 8 hours.
Exercises to slim down the thighs and hips
As we have indicated, one of the basic pillars to lose weight in the thighs is to exercise at least 4-5 times a week and that each session lasts at least 30-40 minutes. Therefore, below we will give you a series of exercises that you can include in your daily physical routine to eliminate fat from both the thighs and other affected areas such as the hips.
How to lose weight legs: scissors
Doing scissors is an exercise with which we can reduce thighs and, especially, the fat accumulated in the adductors. To do it you will only have to follow these steps:
- Lie on your back on a mat with your back straight and resting your arms on the floor.
- Now lift your legs by keeping them together and stretched.
- When you are in this position, you will have to slowly open your legs as much as possible and then close them little by little to work the area more.
Do 2 sets of 15 repetitions. This article about 14 exercises for legs and buttocks at home can be very useful to lose weight quickly and effectively.
Squats to remove cartridge cases
If there is an effective exercise to thin the thighs are the squats, a practice with which you can also tone other parts of the body such as the buttocks, abdomen and hips.
- To perform them, you will only have to stand with your legs together.
- Next, bend your knees but always keeping the trunk upright.
- Make strength with the thighs to work the right part.
- Remember that you should not bend down, but imitate the gesture of sitting down so that the correct areas work.
- Slowly climb back up, and when you're back on your feet, strain your buttocks. Include in your daily routine 3 sets of 20 repetitions.
There are many people who resort to squats to tone and grow the buttocks in an attractive way, so if that is your goal do not miss this article.
Quadruped position to lose weight thighs
In addition to the previous exercises, the quadruped position (better known as fire hydrants in English) should also be included in any routine to reduce thigh fat and to thin inner and outer thighs.
- To do it correctly you will have to start on all fours on a mat.
- With your arms well stretched, raise one of your legs to the side, bending the knee until it is at the height of your hips.
- Now you must stay 10 seconds like this and then slowly lower your leg and then repeat the same exercise with the other.
Perform 15-20 repetitions where each one lasts 10-15 seconds.
Aerobic exercises to remove fat from the thighs
In addition to performing exercises to tone the thigh area, it is also essential that in your daily routine you include aerobic or cardiovascular exercises, since in this way you can reduce the fat of the inner thighs and thus achieve firmer and thinner legs.
For the training to be effective, perform 30-40 minutes of some cardiovascular exercise such as dancing, running, walking, swimming or cycling.
Tips for making a diet to lose weight in the thighs
In addition to doing physical exercise daily, another fundamental aspect to eliminate fat from the thighs is to follow a diet that helps you achieve this goal. To do this, we invite you to follow these tips to develop a diet that is effective when it comes to slimming the thighs:
- Follow a hypocaloric eating plan: as you already know, losing fat from a specific area is quite complicated, so your diet should be focused on losing weight in general. To do this, it is important that you consume less than 1500 calories a day and that you make between 5 and 6 meals a day.
- Avoid foods rich in sodium and starch: the thighs are one of the areas that most tend to retain liquids, so if you want your legs to look thinner it is important that you eliminate this type of food from your diet. It is also recommended that you avoid eating foods that make you fat such as those that contain excess sugar, refined flour or a high content of saturated fats.
- Includes fat-burning foods: there are certain edibles such as grapefruit, garlic, soy, chili or green tea that contain properties that will help you accelerate your metabolism and, therefore, lose weight. You can also take other preparations on an empty stomach such as cinnamon and honey tea or warm water with lemon, two natural remedies with powerful fat burning properties.
- Increase your intake of fruits and vegetables: these types of foods are rich in fiber and have diuretic and satiating properties, so they will help you lose thigh fat. Include in your diet vegetables such as lettuce, broccoli, asparagus, grapefruit, orange, kiwi, apple, pear or watermelon.
- Replace cereals with refined flours with whole grains: as we have indicated, white flour is a high-calorie food, so it will hinder your hypocaloric diet.
- Do not take fried foods: it is important that during the diet you do not cold your meals, since you will only be adding empty calories. Instead of cooking fried, prepare food by placha, steaming or roasting.