Bad breath is one of the most worrying problems in society. The person who suffers from it not only feels discomfort with himself, but, being with others, may feel insecure thinking about whether others will notice the bad smell, which leads the person to slightly move away from others, and even try to talk as little as possible, passing, probably, a lot of haste and shame.
All this happens, above all, when bad breath or halitosis is very intense. Luckily, there are several tricks and home remedies to eliminate oral fetidity. That is why in this article we will explain how to remove bad breath with apple cider vinegar, which is capable, among others, of eliminating bad bacteria, which are often the main problem of halitosis.
Causes of bad breath
Bad breath or halitosis can occur in many cases. The most frequent are:
- Poor dental hygiene: If you do not wash your teeth well, tiny traces of food can remain between them, which would cause bad mouth odor. It is also very important to remember to wash your tongue, which is also a source of microbes and an important factor if you want to fight halitosis.
- Oral diseases: certain pathologies, such as gingivitis (inflammation of the gums) or periodontitis (inflammation of the ligaments that support the teeth to the bone) are responsible for bad breath, due to the plaque that forms in the mouth and the oral infection that is often accompanied by these ailments.
- Lack of salivation: the shortage of salivation, apart from being a serious problem in itself, because it can be caused by some disease, can produce bad breath, since saliva is an excellent bacterial cleanser and protector, and its absence could cause large microbiotic sources in our mouth.
- Strong foods: The consumption of certain foods of strong flavor, such as garlic or onion, can cause temporary oral fetidity. The same happens with tobacco, which leaves a bad breath difficult to remove.
- Stomach problems: many times, bad breath does not come from the mouth, but from the stomach, due to problems in the digestive system, such as food intolerances, gastritis, stomach infections or ulcers.
- Kidney problems: the liver can also be the cause of bad mouth odor, since when it does not work properly, among others, gastric problems occur, which are responsible for bad breath. If you suspect liver problems, this article on Symptoms that indicate liver problems may help.
- Pulmonary pathologies: such as pneumonia or bronchitis. In both cases halitosis occurs due to an accumulation of pus in the lungs, or by the smelly secretions of both diseases.
- Tonsil problems: Tonsils serve as a filter against bacteria and other pathogens. If these do not work properly, large numbers of microbes can accumulate that would cause bad mouth odor.
As you can see, most causes of bad breath could be reduced into just one: bacteria. These are the main causes of bad smell also in gases, as you can see in this article.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Bad Breath
Apple cider vinegar has great properties and benefits for health, but also against halitosis. Next, we'll look at why apple cider vinegar fights bad breath:
- Improves digestion problems: apple cider vinegar helps regulate stomach acids, increases enzymes.
- Eliminates toxins: which would help not only to eliminate bad breath, but also to lose weight and cleanse and sanitize our body.
- Reduces constipation: When constipation occurs, food goes down more slowly through our digestive tract, which could produce a bad smell in the mouth.
- It destroys harmful bacteria: both from the mouth and from our stomach, which would help to easily eliminate halitosis.
However, excessive apple cider vinegar can be harmful, so it is important that you also know the Contraindications of apple cider vinegar.
End bad breath with apple cider vinegar
Before explaining how to use apple cider vinegar for bad breath, we have to tell you that this solution is not always effective or durable, everything will depend on the reason for halitosis. In some cases, it is a temporary useful home remedy, in others it may not be too useful due to the root of the problem, and at other times it is possible that, by fighting bacteria, it will eliminate the problem forever.
However, from we want to provide you with this knowledge, but notifying you that it is likely that the problem will not be solved as you wish. To eliminate bad breath forever, it is best to go to a doctor and he diagnoses the problem so you can then put a solution.
Mouthwash with apple cider vinegar
Preparing an apple cider vinegar mouthwash we will obtain, as a result, an excellent antibacterial product. To prepare it, you will only need:
- 1 cup of water.
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
The reason why we mix apple cider vinegar with water is because, using it alone and continuously, could spoil the tooth enamel due to the strong acids contained in this vinegar. To use this rinse, you just have to mix both ingredients and gargle after brushing your teeth. It is recommended to do it only once a day.
If you see that your halitosis does not disappear after 7 days, it is best to go to the doctor to evaluate your case and indicate the next steps to follow.
Apple cider vinegar for bad stomach breath
When the cause of bad breath is of stomach origin, what we must do is take apple cider vinegar so that its incredible properties help us eliminate this problem. To do this, you will need:
- 1 cup water
- Half a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
On this occasion, we will take a little less apple cider vinegar than we need to prepare the mouthwash. This is because, if the amount increases, we could probably cause stomach problems, or make them worse.
You just have to mix both products and drink it, if possible, on an empty stomach. If after 5 days you do not notice any difference, it is best to go to the doctor to determine what your problem is and what could be the best solution.
Now that you know how to remove bad breath with apple cider vinegar, you may find the following article on How to combat halitosis naturally useful.