Rice bran oil is a liquid that is extracted from the shells or outer shell contained in the grains of this cereal so consumed by everyone. With the pressing of this natural product, we obtain its oil, which contains very beneficial properties for our health, among which its control of bad cholesterol levels stands out thanks to its great contribution in vitamins and healthy saturated fats.
In we want you to enjoy the different benefits and properties of this natural product. Therefore, in this article we want to teach you how to make rice bran oil with this simple step by step that you can make at home.
Steps to follow:
Before you start explaining the steps to make rice bran oil it is important that you know some of the benefits you can get from this remedy or natural product.
Rice bran oil is mainly composed of vitamins (A, E and K), fatty acids (linolenic acid and ferulic acid) and other substances such as phytosterols (Gamma oryzanol) which gives you the following benefits and most common uses:
- It reduces the levels of cholesterol and fats in the blood, since it is a source of phytosterols, which decrease their absorption and therefore prevent them from accumulating in the body.
- It is a food rich in soluble fiber so it is very useful to lose weight, since it contains satiating properties that reduce our appetite.
- It prevents the appearance of cancer, as it contains antimutagenic properties that delay the formation of cancer cells.
- It is very rich in antioxidants so it helps us protect the skin from the sun's rays and, consequently, prevents spots on the skin.
- Its vitamin E content also provides other benefits to our skin such as healing properties and cell regeneration, which prevents the appearance of wrinkles.
- Finally, rice bran oil contains capillary properties thanks to its source of proteins that strengthen the hair fiber of the hair and, in addition, it is a good treatment for split ends.
Now that we know some benefits of rice bran oil, to make it at home, we have to get the following utensils and ingredients that we will need:
- 1 kilo of rice bran.
- 1 pan in good condition.
- Gauze or fabrics to strain the oil.
- Wooden shovel for cooking.
- Dark glass jar to store the oil.
- Blender or mortar.
- Optional: 2 or 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
The first step to making oil is to pour 1 kilo of rice bran into a blender or blender and grind the food as much as you can. To do this, the best option is to start grinding the bran at low speed and increase the speed little by little. The rice bran will be ready once it has become a kind of creamy paste.
Surely during the liquefaction process, the rice bran begins to take a shape very similar to a ball or perhaps, sticks to the walls of the blender. If this happens, stop the blender and put these accumulations back together with the rest of the bran as many times as necessary.
Once we have the rice bran paste ready, the next step to make oil is to simmer a clean pan without adding anything. When the pan is hot, pour the rice bran paste into it and, with the help of a wooden shovel for cooking, constantly stir the pasta until it begins to release its oil.
Heat and stir the rice bran paste until it takes on a darker color. However, you must be careful not to burn it, since in this state the oil will lose all its properties.
Another way for the paste to release the oil is to leave it for a few weeks in the sun until it changes color. It is a much slower process but, in this way, you make sure that the rice bran does not burn.
When the rice bran paste has changed color and has released all the oil, the next step is to place and wrap this paste in gauze, cloth, strainer or sieve that serves to strain the oil and retain the paste. Also, you need to make sure that there is a container underneath for the oil to fall into it. To strain the oil, you must squeeze the gauze hard as many times as necessary until all the oil comes out of the rice bran.
Once you have squeezed all the oil from the gauze in a container, use a strainer again to fill the jar where you are going to put the rice bran oil. In this way, you will ensure that no possible remains and residues of the pasta wrapped in the gauze fall. You will have your rice bran oil ready.