Oat milk is becoming more and more accepted among people and not only among those who have lactose intolerance or follow a vegetarian or vegan diet that does not allow them to drink cow's milk or milk of animal origin. And it is that oats have many beneficial properties for the body, in addition to being of help to lose weight. And this, precisely, is one of the main causes that explain its greater demand.
Nowadays, this product is easy to find already made in many establishments where it is possible to buy it because there are several brands that market it. However, it can also be prepared at home. If you do not know how to do it and you really want this product to be as natural as possible to take advantage of all its benefits and look tipazo, from we explain how to make oat milk to lose weight.
Properties of oat milk for weight loss
Oats are well known for the multiple benefits it has for beauty and for health in general for its contribution of nutrients. Many of them are also present in oat milk. But why does it help you lose weight?
This product (which is not really a milk, but rather should be considered as a vegetable drink), is characterized by having as its main base oats, which is a cereal with a high content of proteins, as well as other nutrients, fiber and minerals.
This in practice and to control weight has several advantages, in addition to its nutritional contribution, because:
- It provides more fiber: helping to promote intestinal transit, which is key to purifying the body and that toxins do not accumulate in the body.
- It is diuretic: which helps to avoid fluid retention.
- It levels blood sugar: its intake makes it easier to maintain the level of sugar in the blood, so that the glucose peaks that make you hungrier and immediate desire to eat do not occur.
- It is satiating: so, it contributes to the person eating less. You'll find more satiating foods in this other article on The Best Satiating Foods.
The result of all this is that oat milk is helpful in losing weight. But you should keep in mind that, to achieve this, this product must be made in the most natural way possible and avoid adding sugar to make it sweeter or artificial sweeteners that are not beneficial for the body.
In the event that you do not like or are very unpleasant bitterness, you can use a little honey or cinnamon, as well as a little extra virgin olive oil.
How to make unboiled oat milk
Making oat milk at home is not complicated. In fact, it is very easy, few ingredients are needed and few steps have to be taken.
- 2 liters of mineral water
- 300 grams of oat flakes approximately
- A little salt
- Pour the two liters of water into a container.
- Add the oat flakes in this bowl and let stand for at least two hours.
- After that time, with the help of the blender, crush the mixture that you have left to rest of mineral water and oat flakes.
- Once it is well beaten, strain it to remove the remains of oat flakes that have not been crushed well.
- The strained liquid is oat milk to which you have to add a little salt.
- Mix it all over again so that the salt dissolves well throughout the liquid.
- Finally, pour the goat milk into a bottle and store it in the fridge.
However, if you want to achieve good results in your figure, it is also very important that you exercise daily. Therefore, you may also be interested in this other article on How to lose weight with exercise.
How to make oat milk with oat flakes – more satiating recipe
Although the above recipe is the easiest and fastest to make oat milk, the truth is that there is another way to prepare it. It is not complicated or difficult to elaborate, but it does require more time. The ingredients are the same as in the recipe that we have commented on in the previous section and some steps also coincide. The process is like this:
- Put the water in the bowl with the oat flakes to rest.
- After time, strain the oatmeal well.
- In a casserole on the fire, add the mineral water, the oat flakes that have been soaking and a little salt.
- If you don't like the bitter taste, it's time to add some cinnamon or a splash of olive oil. If you opt for honey, it is better to incorporate it just when you go to drink oat milk.
- Cook the ingredients for about 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Then, let stand with the casserole covered for about five minutes as if it were an infusion.
- Afterwards, pour the mixture into the blender and beat well.
- Once beaten, strain it with a strainer to remove lumps or pieces of oatmeal that have not been crushed well.
With these steps, this oat milk would already be ready, which is more satiating because its texture is denser and not as liquid as the previous one or compared to traditional milks.
With these recipes on how to make oat milk to lose weight, we hope in we have helped you to make it easy at home. We advise you that, whenever you want to lose weight, consult with a specialist to indicate the most suitable and healthy guidelines to lose weight for you.