Some factors such as an unhealthy diet and / or not performing daily exercise, are the main reason for fat accumulation in different areas of our body. One of the places where the well-known michelines or fat rolls tend to develop is in the back area, especially at waist height. The problem with rolls on the back is that they are usually uncomfortable and can become complex for all kinds of people and even condition the way they dress. However, before you go to the gym and start exercising, it is important that you know some guidelines to be able to reduce the fat of this part of the body.
If you want to know how to lose weight in your back, in the following article of we provide you with some specific exercises to tone this area, as well as some dietary guidelines to reduce these fearsome michelines.
How to lose weight in your back – tips
A certain amount of fat is completely normal, because it appears when our body stores energy that accumulates in one place or another depending on each person and factors such as genetics or the pace of life. However, when there is an excess of fat, we have to ask ourselves if we are eating a balanced diet and exercising or if we are being sedentary.
Well, if you want to eliminate the rolls of the back or the michelines that appear on the back and waist due to weight gain, keep in mind the following tips:
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet: one of the basic pillars to reduce michelines in the back is to follow a healthy diet: eating vegetables, fruits, lean meats and fish is essential to not gain weight abruptly. In addition, it is also recommended that you try to reduce the intake of calories, because only then can you lose fat both in the back and in nearby areas such as the waist and hips.
- Exercise every day: in addition to a healthy and low-calorie diet, the other basic pillar to reduce localized fat in the back will be the practice of sports every day. To do this, it will be important that you perform routines that combine aerobic sports such as walking, running or swimming to reduce centimeters, such as localized exercises to tone the back and waist area.
- Correct your posture: one of the ways to prevent fat from accumulating in this area is to try to acquire good posture, since the more curved the back, the more likely you are to form folds in this part of the body. Therefore, if you want your back to look thinner and more stylized, it is recommended that you try to keep it straight.
- Use firming products: there are some creams and masks (especially clay ones) that due to their composition have a modeling and firming action. These products, together with exercise and the healthy diet that we have talked about earlier, will favor the reduction of fat in the back, hip and waist.
If you want more detailed information, do not miss this article on How to burn and eliminate fat from the back.
Exercises to lose weight back and waist
As we have already advanced in the previous section, it is essential that we perform daily exercise if we want to eliminate fat both from the back and from other affected areas, such as the waist and hips. Therefore, below we will give you both a guide to aerobic exercises that will help you eliminate the rolls of the back and waist and lose weight in general, as well as a routine of localized exercises to tone this particular area.
Dancing: exercise to reduce the back
Dancing, in addition to being a very fun activity, is also an excellent exercise to reduce the waist and back, since it can be considered an effective aerobic sport. The ideal way to burn fat quickly is that these sessions last at least half an hour.
How to lose weight back fast with cardio intervals
Another very effective activity to eliminate back fat is walking or running every day, but always with intervals, that is, changing the speed of your gait from time to time. In this way we will raise our heart rate and burn fat more easily. In this article on How to lose weight walking you will find more detailed information about this easy way to lose weight.
You can also practice other exercises with this technique: the elliptical, the bicycle or jumping rope are three of the most effective and entertaining options.
Routine of localized exercises to lose weight and tone the back
- Exercise 1: Lie on a mat face down by putting your arms well stretched back. In this position, and without lifting the tip of the feet from the ground, arch your back gently until you lift it and then go back down to the initial posture. Do 2 sets of 10 repetitions.
- Exercise 2: Lie on your stomach (as in the previous exercise) but this time, rest your hands on the back of your neck. Now elevate your torso without lifting your feet off the ground and then return to the starting position. Perform 2 sets of 15 repetitions.
- Exercise 3: Keep lying down facing down and with your hands on the back of your neck. To perform this exercise correctly, you will have to arch your back to one side and then to the opposite side always keeping the body well straight and tense. Do 2 sets of 15 repetitions.
- Exercise 4: Put yourself on the mat on all fours and arch your back as much as you can. Then push your back down as if trying to touch the ground. Do 2 sets of 5 repetitions.
Slimming your back: feeding tips
In addition to exercising every day, it will also be essential that we opt for a balanced and low-calorie diet if we seek to lose weight on the back. Next, we will explain the best exercises to lose weight in your back:
Beneficial Foods to Reduce Back Fat
- Vegetables: especially leafy green vegetables such as chard, lettuce, broccoli, artichokes and spinach.
- Fruits: you can include some with excellent diuretic properties such as watermelon or pineapple. It is also a good option to bet on apple, strawberries, oranges and bananas.
- Eggs: eggs are rich in protein and a large number of vitamins, so it is a food that favors the functioning of metabolism.
- Lean meats: they are low in fat and rich in protein. Include in your diet meats such as chicken, rabbit and / or turkey.
- Legumes: if you do not want to eat proteins of animal origin, legumes such as lentils, beans, chickpeas or peas are an excellent option to lose weight.
- Nuts and seeds: they are rich in fiber and healthy fats. Include in your diet some such as chia seeds, flaxseed, almonds or pumpkin seeds.
- Fish: They are also rich in healthy fats and proteins, so they help burn fat quickly. It includes fish such as tuna, mackerel or salmon.
This List of Foods That Don't Make You Fat can be very useful for discovering new dishes and options.
Forbidden foods to lose weight back:
- Foods with refined sugar: remove from your diet all industrial pastries, soft drinks, snacks or pre-cooked meals.
- Simple carbohydrates: Foods made with refined flour such as pasta, white rice or breads will only give you empty calories.
- Alcohol: In addition to harming our health, alcoholic beverages are a source of empty calories.
- Saturated fats: avoid the consumption of sauces, sausages, frying, pizzas, hamburgers and batters.