Are you getting ready to go to a party and when you try on the clothes you want to wear they don't fit because you have a swollen belly we bring you some recommendations that easily answer one of the questions that men and women ask ourselves most often: how to reduce belly swelling fast?
This problem, in addition to being very common and affecting all kinds of people, is not only an aesthetic problem, but can also be an indication of poor eating habits or a poor general state of health of an individual.
Causes of the swollen belly
Most of the time, bloating, bloating, or bloating is caused by one of the following:
- you have overeaten
- You are retaining fluids in a non-pathological way
- Lactose or gluten intolerance
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Bad posture
In extreme situations, the swollen belly can be caused by gynecological problems such as the presence of cysts in the ovaries or myomas in the uterus, or it can be related to ascites or the accumulation of fluids in the abdomen, a symptom of serious pathologies that require urgent medical attention .
That is why it is essential that if you have a fever, profuse or bloody diarrhea, if you cannot consume food or drinks for more than six hours, or if the inflammation and pain do not improve or worsen, consult your doctor immediately.
What to eat to deflate the belly: how to lower the belly
In most non-pathological cases, it is possible to reduce inflammation of the swollen stomach or belly by making changes in the diet. Here are some tips in this regard:
- Consume diuretic fruits : some fruits have great diuretic qualities due to their high content of water, fiber, vitamin C and minerals such as magnesium and potassium. The fruits with the greatest diuretic qualities are orange, watermelon, melon, pineapple, apple, papaya and pear. Consuming these foods will help prevent fluid retention and eliminate toxins and fats, thus helping to deflate the stomach due to gas or any other problem and deflate the belly in general.
- Avoid the consumption of salt and processed foods : excess sodium, from salt and processed foods, favors fluid retention and bloating of the abdomen, so reduce your consumption and choose more natural foods such as fruits and vegetables, fresh chicken and fish that do not contain preservatives.
- Avoid soft drinks and reduce gas-producing foods : to deflate your belly, also avoid soft drinks and reduce gas-producing foods such as dairy products, grains, cauliflower, cabbage or broccoli, among others. Many people wonder how to deflate the stomach due to gases and you should know that this is the most effective answer.
- Check possible intolerances : if there are reasons to think that you are intolerant to gluten, avoid foods that contain it and schedule an appointment with your GP.
- Consume fiber and drink enough water : drink the recommended amount of water of 8 glasses a day, because in this way your body will stay hydrated at all times and will interpret that it does not need to retain liquids for a possible drought.
This, added to an adequate consumption of fiber, will help you promote good digestion, prevent constipation and will help reduce inflammation in the belly faster. In many cases, it is possible that you also suffer from stomach problems, so in this article on The best remedies for an inflamed stomach we recommend the best natural solutions.
Teas to deflate the belly
You can improve abdominal swelling faster by taking herbal teas with analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties such as:
- lemon verbena
All these herbs promote good digestion and have carminative properties, that is, they help to expel gas. If you are wondering how to deflate your stomach with gas, do not hesitate to try one of these herbs, as they also have diuretic properties that will help you expel retained fluids and deflate your belly naturally . Follow these steps:
- Heat water and when it starts to boil, add the herb you want to infuse.
- Let the drink stand for 5 minutes and drink the infusion.
- You can sweeten it with a natural sweetener like stevia or a little honey.
Ginger tea for weight loss
Due to its multiple and beneficial properties, ginger will help you relax your belly muscles and will become your best ally to reduce stomach and belly inflammation. Add a few pieces of this prodigious plant to the boiling water and let it rest for 10 minutes before drinking it.
Mint tea for weight loss
Mint is one of those herbs that has the magnificent property of eliminating the accumulation of gases in the belly and, consequently, the feeling of bloating. The mint leaves in the boiling water will turn this infusion into a delicious tea that you should drink after meals if you want to lose weight quickly.
Another magnificent ingredient to lose weight in a few days is the artichoke; Do not miss this article on How to make artichoke tea to lose weight to discover how and when to drink it correctly.
Juices to deflate the belly
To deflate the swollen belly or deflate the stomach, we recommend the following juices:
Spinach, aloe and ginger juice
To prepare it correctly, mix the following ingredients in a blender:
- A cup of water
- 5 spinach leaves
- Half a glass cup of aloe vera
- a piece of ginger
- A tablespoon of honey to sweeten (optional)
Spinach contains carotenoids, vitamins C and E and quercetin, components that give it fantastic anti-inflammatory properties. Aloe vera, on the other hand, contains numerous components that inhibit the body's inflammatory response , while ginger is rich in gingerols and honey contains proteolytic enzymes, components with anti-inflammatory properties ideal for swelling.
Beet and apple juice
Mix the following ingredients in a blender:
- a beet
- An Apple
- A tablespoon of oatmeal
- 1 cup of water
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of honey
Beetroot is a food rich in betaine and apple is a fruit rich in quercetin, two substances with powerful anti-inflammatory properties . This, together with the butyrate contained in oatmeal and the proteolytic enzymes in honey, makes this juice a great candidate for reducing inflammation in a swollen stomach or belly.
Pineapple juice with cucumber
If pineapple is considered a great natural anti-inflammatory, it is due to its high bromelain content. By combining this fruit with the anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties of cucumber, you can achieve fantastic juices like this one that help reduce inflammation quickly in the abdomen.
- Blend a cup of pineapple with three slices of cucumber.
- Add honey to your liking.
- Add half a cup of water.