The face is one of the most important parts of the body. In it, our emotions, our thoughts and, ultimately, who we are are reflected. At the same time, in a job interview or in an important appointment, our face is also part of our cover letter. Therefore, when a wound or scratch appears, for example, it is essential to heal it properly, not only for aesthetics, but to prevent infections or other future problems. Because of this, many people wonder how to heal a wound so that it does not leave a scar.
If you're going through this too, don't worry. In this article we explain how to heal a wound on the face of any kind. Read!
How to heal pimple wounds on the face
Acne is a condition that can leave spots and scars on the face if not treated correctly. Acne manifests itself with blackheads, rough and slightly painful nodules, reddish papules and pimples with pus. All these pimples end up becoming spots on the skin and then scars if it is not remedied. If one or more pimples have already transformed into wounds, follow this simple step-by-step to heal pimple wounds:
- Clean your hands with soap and water, also rubbing a little over your wrists. Another option is to use a disinfectant with more than 60% alcohol.
- Then also wash the wound area with soap and water. Do it carefully so as not to harm yourself.
- Then, dry your face carefully with a clean towel. Avoid picking up one you've already used; you never know where bacteria may be!
- With a clean face and hands, wet gauze with alcohol and apply it carefully to the wound and around it to disinfect it as much as possible.
- If the wound is open, cover it with a band-aid or dressing.
- Do this once a day.
If the wound is swollen, you can put some ice around it to lower the inflammation. If, on the other hand, it is very deep or contains pus, it is better to go to your doctor or specialist to take a look at it and tell you how to cure it.
Home Remedies for Acne
If you have acne, it's best to treat it in time before they become difficult-to-treat wounds. To do this, you can use various home remedies to eliminate and prevent acne:
- Aloe vera: aloe vera has multiple healing properties, so if you have acne a good option is to apply a little aloe vera every day on the face so that the pimples can be reduced little by little.
- Scrub: You can also make exfoliants for acne. Exfoliating the granites is highly recommended, since it opens them non-aggressively and cleans the pus and all traces of bacteria that may exist.
- Honey: honey is another of the best natural products to treat acne, since among others it reduces impurities in the skin.
- Lemon: Lemon is a great natural disinfectant, making it perfect for effectively eliminating acne. Apply lemon juice on the granites and you will see how they disappear very soon.
If none of this works, go to your doctor and, in the meantime, if he allows it, you can make up the pimples to hide them a little.
How to heal wounds in live flesh on the face
Open or live wounds are the ones that we have to monitor and control the most, since they can become infected very easily due to their exposure to germs in the environment. These types of wounds to the face can be caused by accidental cuts with something sharp, such as a knife. It can also happen that, if we hit an area of the face where the skin is very smooth, such as on the forehead, the wound opens simply because of the tension of the skin. In any case, if you have just made an open wound on your face, you should follow these steps:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water to disinfect them.
- Using gauze, very carefully clean the wound with soap and water to try to disinfect it. Do it by giving small touches. Always avoid rubbing the wound, as it could become irritated or bleed more.
- With a clean gauze or towel, pat or tap the wound.
- Apply a special ointment to open wounds. If you don't have it, you can ask your doctor or your nearest pharmacy.
- Cover the wound with a good dressing.
- Repeat each day until the wound heals completely.
However, depending on the severity of the wound, it is best to go to the doctor for the emergency room.
How to heal a deep wound on the face
In case of a deep wound, it is best to go to the doctor for the emergency room, where they will probably put stitches and tell you what guidelines you should follow to properly heal your wound. In case of bleeding heavily, cover the wound with gauze or a clean piece of cloth, depending on the size of the wound, and go straight to the doctor.
It is important that you do so and do not try to cure it on your own, as you could be infected, in addition to leaving a scar on your face very ugly and wide.
How to cure a scab on the face
If your wound has already become a scab, to heal it it is best to follow these steps that we indicate below:
- Wash your hands with soap and water to disinfect them.
- Next, wash your face with soap and water. Rub gently and in circles. If you have any half-raised crusts, go much more carefully in that area.
- Then, rinse your face with warm water and dry it with a clean towel by lightly tapping the skin.
- Finally, cover the scabs with a dressing, as moisture will help heal the wound much better. In addition, if they are covered, you will avoid tearing them off unintentionally.
- Repeat once a day for quick healing.
Tips if you have a scab on your face
- Never tear it off: if you do, you could not only reopen the wound, but you could leave a good signal on your skin.
- Do not touch the scabs: avoid any temptation to do so, because if you touch or scratch them, you run the risk of accidentally tearing them off, which would delay healing and leave a mark on the skin.
- Do not put on makeup: if you have scabs in the cure, to heal quickly it is best not to wear makeup for a few days, as the wound could become infected.
- Antibiotic cream: In case your doctor or pharmacist recommends it, use an antibiotic cream to speed up the healing process.
- Moisturize your skin: since the face is an area of the body with a lot of movement, it is important that it is well hydrated so that it does not crack and can damage the scabs. If you don't know which moisturizer is best for you, ask your doctor or pharmacist. However, you can also use aloe vera, if you have one.
- If it is not cured, go to the doctor: in case the scab is not cured, it is best to go to the doctor so that he can find out what is happening, since sometimes there are people who, for one reason or another, suffer from scarring problems, as we will see in the next section.
You may also be interested in How to Remove the Mark from a Scab.
Scarring problems – causes
There are people who have a harder time healing their wounds. This can be due to various reasons, such as:
- Tobacco and alcohol: If you're in the habit of smoking or drinking alcohol, you're also likely to have slow wound healing. Habitually taking these substances dilates blood vessels and alters blood clotting, directly affecting the cells involved in healing.
- Age: over the years, our immune system slows down, especially from the age of 25-30, since aging leads to hormonal changes and other alterations. This process could be reflected in the speed at which our wounds heal.
- Malnutrition and dehydration: if we do not drink enough water or feed ourselves correctly, we can end up suffering from scarring problems, among others, since our body does not have enough nutrients or vitamins to carry out this process successfully.
- Diabetes: Diabetic people often have scarring problems because their immune system is not working properly, leading to major infections that should not be overlooked.
Now that you know how to heal a wound on your face, you may also be interested in this other article on How to Use Coconut Oil for Spots on Your Face If You've Had Any Signs Left on Your Face.