Varicose veins or varicose veins are a very common and annoying circulatory problem that affects both women and men. It occurs when there are difficulties in blood circulation, the blood vessels become inflamed and thickened and, when they become larger and bulkier, they are detected with the naked eye, which also makes them an aesthetic problem. They usually appear in the legs, but can come out in other parts of the body such as the thighs or arms, and produce symptoms such as heaviness, discomfort and even pain in varying degrees.
There are many ways to treat them with medications and naturally, but the most important thing is to go to the doctor to tell us what is best for us. If we want to opt for natural treatments, one of the best options is coconut oil, as it reduces inflammation, strengthens the walls of blood vessels and improves circulation. Therefore, in we tell you everything about how to eliminate varicose veins with coconut oil. Read!
Properties of coconut oil to treat varicose veins
Coconut oil is widely used around the world, as it has a composition that provides great benefits to our body, provided that it is used properly and excesses are avoided. In the case of varicose veins, we find that thanks to certain components of coconut oil, such as lauric acid, caprylic acid and capric acid, it has very suitable properties to treat this problem. Specifically, the main properties of coconut oil to cure varicose veins are:
- It is a powerful all-natural anti-inflammatory.
- It improves blood circulation, helping to prevent it from being too slow and the blood from thickening.
- It strengthens the walls of blood vessels, which helps them suffer less damage and become less inflamed or enlarged.
- It provides great hydration by applying it to the skin, so using it externally we also obtain these benefits and help the skin
- of the affected area recover more easily, returning to look hydrated and more elastic.
If you want to know more about what are the health benefits of coconut oil in this other article, we tell you.
There are several ways to use coconut oil to cure varicose veins or varicose veins. The truth is that it is convenient to use it internally and externally. In addition, being a natural treatment, it is easy to combine with other treatments, whether natural or with medicines. However, the right thing to do is to talk to your doctor about which treatment is best for us.
That said, keep reading the following lines to learn about the best options on how to remove varicose veins with coconut oil.
How to Use Coconut Oil to Eliminate Varicose Veins
To use coconut oil to cure varicose veins or varicose veins, it is convenient that we use it both externally and internally. On the one hand, to take coconut oil for varicose veins you just have to take into account adding this product in our daily diet, if possible that on the label indicates that it is extra virgin or organic. Some ideas to ingest coconut oil is that you use it to iron different foods, such as chicken breasts, or you can add it in the dressing for salads.
On the other hand, applying coconut oil on varicose veins directly is really simple. Once you have this natural product follow these steps:
- This oil when it is somewhat cold remains totally solid and leaving it at room temperature becomes liquid, which is how best we can apply it. So, first take it out of the fridge and take a tablespoon or two, depending on how much skin you need to cover, and add them in a container to let it turn liquid.
- Wash well the area where you have varicose veins, for this use warm water and neutral soap.
- When this natural product is already liquid, with your fingers take a little and apply it on the parts most affected by varicose veins or even if you only have spider veins.
- While you distribute it well throughout the skin, perform a gentle but constant circular massage and, in this way, the oil will penetrate better into the skin and blood vessels while the movement activates the circulation.
- You don't have to lighten it afterwards, it's best to let the skin absorb it completely.
- Apply this remedy 1 time a day for as long as you need until you are better, but we ensure that from the first day you will notice relief.
How to eliminate varicose veins with coconut oil and garlic
Another home remedy to treat varicose veins is to combine this treatment with another very powerful ingredient to treat them: garlic. It is an antimicrobial, mu anti-inflammatory food that activates circulation. So, to reduce this problem, you can include garlic in your diet, as well as make this coconut oil and garlic remedy for varicose veins:
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves
Preparation and treatment
- Let the oil become liquid and peel the garlic.
- When the oil is liquid enough in a jar or jar, cut the garlic very small and add it.
- Cover the jar well and let the mixture sit overnight.
- The next day, wash well the area where you need the treatment and with your fingers or with gauze well soaked in the mixture, massage the affected area.
- Do not rinse immediately, let the skin absorb the mixture well and you can wash afterwards to eliminate the smell if it remains, after several hours.
- You can do it between 2 and 4 times a week, although in severe cases it can be applied once a day.
Coconut oil and olive oil to treat varicose veins
Finally, another good mixture to alleviate this circulatory problem is to add olive oil. It is a product widely used to improve various health problems, as well as for cosmetics. Specifically, the properties of olive oil for varicose veins is that it is an anti-inflammatory, soothing, moisturizing, regenerating and antioxidant product. The oil will help relieve discomfort, reduce inflammation and improve the condition of the blood vessels, since it will help regenerate their walls.
Thus, it is convenient to include it in our diet so that it acts from the inside, because it is how best we can take advantage of its properties, worse we can also apply it on the outside like coconut. Learn how to use coconut oil and olive oil to cure varicose veins with these indications:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preparation and treatment
- It allows the product extracted from the coconut to be tempered to be liquid.
- Add as much of both oils as you need in a container. We have indicated the proportion of one tablespoon of each, but if you are going to cover a large area of skin it is better to add more amount.
- Stir well to get these oils to mix as well as possible.
- Wash the skin of the part of the body where you are going to apply the remedy, with warm water and neutral soap and dry well.
- Apply this mixture to varicose veins with your fingers or gauze well soaked. Perform a circular massage in the area and allow the skin to fully absorb these ingredients, it is not necessary to wash afterwards.
- You can apply it a minimum of 3 times a week but also once a day, as you need.
We recommend you read more about How to cure varicose veins with olive oil in this other article.