Empacho in children is one of the most common digestive problems you may encounter, especially if your child is a glutton and loves to try How to cure empacho in children Normally, it is because your little one has eaten more food than he should, so it is important to pay attention and not leave anything within his reach. In addition, indigestion or indigestion can also occur in babies, where in most cases the mother gives more milk than necessary.
Symptoms of empacho in children
When a child suffers from indigestion , it is most often because they have eaten too quickly or too much, it may even be because they have eaten foods to which they were not yet accustomed, which their stomach has not been able to assimilate. well and heavy digestion occurs.
In the case of infants, the cause is usually that they have ingested too much milk, which causes reflux. Keep in mind that babies have a sucking reflex, which means that they not only drink from the bottle out of hunger, but also to calm down and relax. There is no need to get obsessed if your baby does not drink the indicated amount of milk, because if you press him, this problem will surely appear. Consult with the pediatrician and he will advise you what to do.
There are different symptoms that can occur in an empacho in children , the most common are:
- The stomach ache always usually occurs in front of an indigestion, it is possible that the child complains or if he is a baby he will not stop crying and will reject the milk.
- Nausea that can lead to vomiting.
- Diarrhea or hard stools with mucus.
- Rejection towards food.
We can also distinguish between two types of empachos: the dry empacho and the moist empacho. If the child suffers from a dry empacho , the main symptoms will be:
- Absence of diarrhoea.
- White tongue.
- Belching and foul-smelling breath.
- Inflamed and hard stomach that produces a hollow sound on its percussion.
- Fever and difficulty passing stool.
If, on the other hand, the child suffers from wet empacho , the symptoms will be similar to those described above except that, in this case, there will be abundant diarrhea, which is dangerous because the child could become dehydrated, so it will be very important to provide water in small amount but frequently. Before any of these symptoms you should go to the pediatrician to examine your little one.
Medical treatment for empacho in children
When a child suffers from indigestion you will not be able to do much more than wait for the problem to stop. You will be able to alleviate her symptoms, but there is no treatment that eliminates the indigestion in a moment. When this happens, the discomfort usually subsides within a few hours, at most 12 hours.
Studies affirm that the primary purpose of the empacho treatment is to expel the substance or element that is obstructing the digestive tract. For this reason, the therapy consists of stimulating intestinal transit so that it is evacuated if it is in the intestines, or ends up vomiting, something that will relieve you in this situation.
The best thing when you notice that your little one has suffered an upset is that they do not eat anything, but you always have to offer them water , especially if they are vomiting or have diarrhea so that they do not become dehydrated. Do not force him to eat if he does not want to, and he will ask you as he feels better, that is when you will have to offer him food in small quantities and make it light.
You can relieve the child's stomach pain by massaging the belly with oils , always in a clockwise direction, or applying hot compresses or cloths to the area, always controlling the temperature so as not to burn the child.
Do not hesitate to go to a pediatrician, especially if the child is less than one year old, as the specialist will always give you the appropriate treatment for your baby.
How to cure empacho in children: tips and home remedies
There are a series of tips and home remedies to relieve the discomfort of empacho in children :
- It is important that the child rests and is always at a suitable temperature, calm and comfortable. It is not bad that he moves a little, in fact, it is good that he walks at a leisurely pace because this favors the movement of the digestive system, but it is necessary to avoid exercising and running.
- If later he begins to feel better and feels like eating, you can prepare a light soup or chicken broth, because thanks to its hot spot it will relieve discomfort and relax the intestinal muscles and, in addition, it will hydrate him.
- One of the best home remedies against indigestion and indigestion is chamomile infusion, you can give it to the child as long as he is over two years old and the pediatrician does not contraindicate it.
- You can give him a hot bath and then lay him down on the bed so that he is relaxed.
- Perform massages on your abdomen, to relax the muscles of the digestive system and so that food can be digested as well as possible.
Here you can learn more Home remedies for stomach pain in children .
If you want to prevent this problem from happening, do not leave food within the reach of children, and do not allow them to eat a large amount of food at one time. Try not to eat too many sweet foods or carbonated drinks and try to eat slowly, chewing everything well.
Now that you know how you can alleviate the symptoms of empacho in children, don't hesitate to follow all the tips described so that your little one leads a life that is as healthy as possible.