When we talk about bacteria in the stomach, in the vast majority of cases, it is helicobacter pylori, the bacteria that causes many of the disorders that occur in this organ such as gastritis, ulcers and other stomach problems.
The good part is that we have at our disposal many alternatives to combat its contagion, some natural and others pharmacological, which can help us get rid of the annoying symptoms of helicobacter pylori. Do you want to know how to cleanse the stomach of bacteria? In the following article we explain it to you.
Stomach bacteria helicobacter pylori: symptoms
Studies that have been done in this regard show that about 2/3 of the population worldwide is infected with Helicobacter Pylori. The cause of this bacterium is so widespread is due to the fact that its transmission between people is very easy, in addition, in many cases it does not generate symptoms, making the person not know that it is a source of contagion.
But when you do, your symptoms are usually very bothersome. Below we explain what are the main symptoms of helicobacter pylori:
- Pain in the abdomen that becomes more acute when the stomach is empty.
- Loss of appetite.
- Burp frequently.
- Abdominal swelling.
- Weight loss.
Other symptoms that require immediate medical treatment are:
- When the abdominal pain is very intense or does not go away.
- Difficulty swallowing appears.
- Blood in the stool or black stool.
- Vomiting blood or vomiting black.
In the following article we talk in more depth about the symptoms of Helicobacter Pylori.
Natural Remedies to Cleanse the Stomach of Bacteria
This plant has different medicinal properties that can be used to treat bacteria in the stomach. Much of its effects are due to its carminative properties, that is, they favor the elimination of gases, and its digestive properties, which favor the digestion of food. In addition, recent studies that have been done show that the herb can be a fantastic natural remedy to cleanse the stomach of bacteria, since its essential oil eliminates Helicobacter pylori. In the following article we talk about the properties of the herb.
This is a root that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for millennia. Among its main uses and properties stand out many of the ailments related to the digestive tract, either to treat acidity, to prevent nausea, dizziness or ulcers. It has also been shown to act in the elimination of Helicobacter Pylori.
Propolis, also known as bee resin, is well known within natural medicines for being a great antibiotic and an excellent bactericide. In addition, it is able to improve our defenses to prevent these types of problems. In fact, this should not be strange, because the purpose of this product in bee hives is to protect them from infections.
Cabbage and broccoli
Both vegetables can help cleanse the stomach of bacteria if we consume them raw. One aspect to keep in mind is that, depending on whom, it can cause flatulence. However, if we test it in a small amount, we can see how our tolerance is. The fact is that the high sulforaphane content of these foods is able to eliminate this bacterium if we consume it with some frequency, an element that is also related to stomach cancer.
Another species that has been widely used for centuries in traditional medicine and that, during the last years, has been exhaustively analyzed. At the digestive level, some of its properties are:
- Relieve heartburn.
- It ends with dyspepsia.
- Stimulates gastric juices.
- Protects the stomach mucosa.
- Inhibits helicobacter Pylori.
In the following articles we explain how to use turmeric in home remedies.
Medicines to kill bacteria in the stomach
Helicobacter pylori infection does not always require treatment, in fact, as we have explained before, in many cases no symptoms appear. The cases in which medical treatment is required are the following:
- Gastric or duodenal ulcers.
- Gastric lymphoma.
- When there is iron deficiency anemia without a justified cause.
- Patients treated with long-term antibiotics who have ulcers or bleeding.
Drug treatment of Helicobacter Pylori infection is done with 3 drugs at once:
- Proton pump inhibitor, the best known is omeprazole.
- Two antibiotics, for example, amoxicillin and clarithromycin or metronidazole and claritomycin.
The treatment usually lasts 14 days, however, it has been shown that the longer the more effective it is. Usually, 2 weeks after the end of treatment, tests should be performed to establish if the bacteria has been permanently cleaned.
Other home remedies for bacteria in the stomach
In addition to what we have already explained, there are other foods that you should include in your diet to eliminate intestinal bacteria. Similarly, there are others you should avoid. Here we explain them:
- You should increase the intake of products with antibiotic capabilities. Among these we have garlic, thyme, onion, mint, honey or rosemary.
- Ingest foods with probiotic power with lactobacilli or bifidus, which have the ability to inhibit these bacteria. Yogurt, kefir or sauerkraut are some examples.
- If you have the bacteria without stomach ulcers you can drink apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. You should not drink it those who have ulcers.
- You should avoid eating products with sugar, rice and refined flours.
- Increase your intake of vegetables, fruit and water.