At present, our lifestyle habits, such as an unhealthy diet, lack of regular physical activity or insufficient or incorrect rest, cause our body not to function in the most appropriate way. Toxins and other substances not recommended for the body accumulate and cause several organs of the body to have to work at a higher speed and with an excess of work that, in the medium and long term, can affect the functioning of these organs causing pathologies that can lead to serious problems.
Among these organs we find some as important as the kidneys or the liver. Both are responsible for keeping the body free of toxins, cleaning all the excesses that we cause with our intakes and eliminating certain types of substances that are no longer necessary in our body. If these functions are not fulfilled properly, our body gets sick, so it is important that they work perfectly. There are some natural remedies that can help us clean them up. In we explain how to cleanse the liver with raisins.
What are the functions of the liver
The liver is one of the fundamental organs of the body. Without it, the rest of the organs and systems of our organism could not do their job. Apart from removing and discarding toxins, it has a lot of very important functions. It generates, regulates and secretes various types of hormones, is responsible for the storage of vitamins, produces bile is necessary for the digestion process of food and also generates certain essential proteins and has fundamental functions within the protection against infectious agents.
All this indicates that if the liver has problems at the time of work, it can cause very serious alterations in the body, therefore it is necessary to avoid that, due to the appearance of impurities inside, it collapses and does its functions in a forced way or simply, stop doing them. Luckily, there are different remedies to cleanse the liver of these substances and promote its proper functioning. Among the natural ones, one of the most used and effective are raisins.
Do raisins cleanse the liver?
The answer is YES. Raisins have various properties that make their consumption highly recommended for both the liver and digestive system, as well as for other areas of our body.
- They stimulate bile secretion: as well as that of gastric juices, which help eliminate toxins.
- They favor the purification of the blood: as well as the reduction of triglycerides and the production of bad cholesterol, helping the liver in these processes.
- Decreases constipation: by promoting digestion, they cause the risk of constipation to be lower, and also multiplies the absorption of the nutrients necessary for our body to function.
- Protection against free radicals: at a general level within the body, raisins have antioxidants such as bioflavonoids, which protect us from free radicals and, therefore, help delay the aging of our cells.
Therefore, it can be concluded that raisins have characteristics that help the liver to perform its functions and to make our digestions much less heavy, that we better absorb the nutrients present in the food we eat and that we favor cleansing and detoxification, eliminating toxins more easily.
To take advantage of the properties of raisins to the fullest there is an even better way to ingest them: we can prepare raisin water.
How to prepare raisin water to cleanse the liver
The main characteristic of raisin water is that it stimulates and favors the biochemical reactions that take place in the liver to eliminate toxins from our blood and body. To prepare raisin water you need:
- 200 grams of raisins
- 500 ml water
- First, wash the raisins well and leave them clean in a bowl.
- Heat the 500 ml of water until they begin to boil and at that time add the raisins.
- Let it stay boiling for a quarter of an hour.
- Then turn off the heat and let them rest for an entire night.
- In the morning, before breakfast, strain the water to separate the raisins from this infusion and drink a glass.
- You can take it both warm and something hotter.
If you have a problem with the liver, in addition to this article on how to cleanse the liver with raisins, you may also be interested in this one about the best infusions for fatty liver.
How to drink water from raisins for the liver – tips
To properly drink water from raisins for the liver, it is recommended:
- Recommended dosage: it is recommended to take only one glass of this raisin infusion for 3 consecutive days once a month.
- When to take it: it is preferable to take it on an empty stomach, about 20 minutes before breakfast, for greater absorption.
- How to take it: it is advisable to take raisins in this way because we multiply the effect and leave aside the sugars contained in the grapes in their original state.
It is important to note that raisins for the liver are ideal if what we want is to keep our organ healthy; although it is also especially indicated to drink raisin water to cleanse the fatty liver. However, it is best to always consult with our doctor if we can use this type of home remedies, since if we have other problems besides fatty liver, it would be possible that we would harm ourselves more, instead of solving the problem.