Ginger, or also known scientifically by the name of Zingiber officinale, is a plant whose roots have been used since ancient times for its culinary qualities, where both its aroma and its delicious flavor stand out. However, ginger root not only stands out for these aromatic properties, but is considered a plant with excellent medicinal properties, so, currently, it is also used as a home treatment for different conditions and pathologies.
One of its best-known uses is as a home remedy to purify and eliminate impurities found in our liver. That is why, in the following article of, we explain how to cleanse the liver with ginger in a natural and simple way. Notes!
Benefits of ginger on the liver
The infusion of ginger root is a natural drink that has a slightly spicy flavor that is used to treat some discomfort of our body in a homemade way. Ginger root in infusion will provide us with the following benefits for the liver and our health in general:
- Depurative and hepatoprotective properties: ginger root has these excellent properties that help eliminate toxic substances that accumulate in our liver. In addition, they are also very effective in preventing the development of stones and vesicles in the kidneys.
- Thermogenic properties: the infusion of this root is also very useful to warm up in the coldest times, since its spicy taste has thermogenic properties that will help decrease the feeling of cold.
- Carminative properties: it is also an effective treatment to reduce digestive problems such as gas, flatulence, inflammation or abdominal bloating since it has carminative effects.
- Strengthens the immune system: Ginger root is used to fight and prevent viral infections such as flu and colds. Its richness in vitamin C, potassium and phosphorus helps us strengthen and increase the defenses of our immune system.
If you want more information about it, you will find it in the following article about What are the properties of ginger.
Infusion of ginger root and cinnamon for the liver
Now that you know all the benefits of this medicinal plant, then we will explain how to prepare an infusion of ginger to cleanse and purify the toxic substances of our liver. To do this, you will need to have the following ingredients at home:
- 1 slice of ginger root
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Lemon half juice
- 1 glass of mineral water
Preparation and treatment
- The first step to prepare this home remedy, will be to wash the slice of ginger root and then grate it whole.
- Then you will have to add the glass of mineral water in a saucepan along with the grated ginger root and the cinnamon sprig and bring everything to a boil.
- Let everything simmer for 10 minutes.
- When the minutes have passed, you will have to strain the drink with the help of a strainer or a paper with filters.
- Now cut a lemon in two and squeeze the juice from one of its halves to add it to the infusion for a more delicious taste.
- Let the infusion sit for a few minutes and then take it in small sips.
To notice results, it is necessary to prepare and take the infusion between 2 and 3 times a day.
Contraindications of ginger
Excessive consumption of the root of this plant can provoke adverse effects in the following cases:
- People with gastric ulcer: although its use is recommended in these cases, you should consult the amounts beforehand with your doctor. An inadequate dose of ginger can lead to irritations.
- Pregnancy and lactation: it is advisable not to use ginger during these stages, as it can cause drowsiness, heartburn and abortions in cases of excessive doses.
- Canker sores in the mouth: its piperine content can be irritating in this type of condition.
- Vesicles or kidney stones: the consumption of this plant can cause colic in this type of case.
- People with neurological diseases: here, ginger is contraindicated because it can reduce the effects of drugs to treat such diseases.
You will find more information in this article about What are the contraindications of ginger.
Other natural remedies to cleanse the liver
In addition to the infusion with ginger and cinnamon, there are also other home remedies that can help you cleanse the liver:
- Beetroot juice: its richness in betalines gives it excellent antioxidant and depurative properties that help us eliminate impurities accumulated in the liver.
- Grapefruit and orange juice: both are citrus fruits with a high content of pectins and antioxidants, nutrients that help us both reduce toxins from the body and strengthen our immune system.
- Apple juice: this fruit stands out for its richness in different antioxidants, malic acid and pectins, which helps us prevent the formation of stones in the liver and eliminate heavy metals accumulated within the body.
If you liked this article on how to cleanse the liver with ginger, you may be interested in this one on How to use ginger in cooking.