Chia or also known scientifically by the name of Salvia hispanica L., is a plant that is grown mainly in different regions of Central America and from which, its seeds are extracted for food use due to its flavor reminiscent of that of nuts. However, chia seeds have now become a medicinal remedy for the treatment of different ailments and conditions, as it is a natural product with excellent properties for our health.
One of its best-known benefits is its purifying effect, which helps us eliminate toxic substances from different areas of our body, including the colon. Therefore, in the following article of, we explain how to clean the colon with chia. Notes!
Nutritional composition of chia seeds
More and more people are including chia seeds in their daily diet, as they have proven to be a food product with excellent benefits to improve our health in different aspects. All this is due to the following nutritional composition:
- Mucilages: chia is a plant rich in this nutrient, a kind of soluble fiber.
- Essential fatty acids: its seeds are one of the richest vegetables in omega 3.
- Vitamins: chia stands out for its content of vitamin E and those of group B (especially B9) and also contains vitamin C and A.
- Minerals: it has a high content of calcium, magnesium, zinc, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, iron and copper.
- Finally, chia is a vegetable in other nutrients such as proteins, phytosterols, acids (chlorogenic and caffeic), flavonoids and carbohydrates.
Properties and benefits of chia for health
Thanks to its richness in different nutrients, it is a plant that has numerous properties and benefits for our health. Here are the properties and health benefits of chia:
- Chia is a plant with powerful purifying properties due to its richness in soluble fiber. Thanks to this, it improves our intestinal transit and eliminates the accumulation of toxic substances both in the colon and other parts of our body. In addition, in this way, it can help prevent colon cancer since in its purification process it eliminates nitrosamines, substances that increase the probability of suffering from it.
- This richness in mucilage (soluble fiber) makes this plant a good remedy to treat some digestive problems such as constipation, malfunction of the intestinal flora and heartburn.
- It is also an excellent food for the care of our heart and to maintain good cholesterol levels. The omega 3 richness of chia gives it excellent anti-inflammatory and antithrombotic properties that are especially useful for maintaining good cardiovascular health.
- This vegetable has satiating properties that help reduce and control appetite so it can be ideal for people who want to lose weight and, above all, in cases of obesity.
- Chia is a vegetable with excellent blood glucose-regulating properties that can be useful in some cases of diabetes. Its richness in fiber and flavonoids help control and prevent high levels of sugar.
How to take chia to cleanse the colon
To clean the color with chia, this wonderful vegetable with so many properties, we will have to prepare chia water with its seeds. To do this, you will have to have the following ingredients in your kitchen and follow these indications:
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 liter of water
- Juice of a lemon
Preparation and treatment
- The first step to make chia water to cleanse the colon will be to add in a bowl the 3 tablespoons of seeds and fill it with water so that they are soaked. Leave them in the water for 1 hour so that they are softened.
- While you wait for the seeds to be softer, you can prepare the lemon juice. To do this, cut a lemon in half and squeeze each of its parts in another container. We use lemon in this remedy because it is a fruit that also has excellent purifying properties for the colon.
- Once you have soaked the seeds for an hour you can check that a kind of gel has formed. Add in the container the liter of water along with the lemon juice and stir everything very well until you get a homogeneous mixture. Do not strain the seeds, because if you do it you will reduce the purifying effects of the home remedy.
- When you have mixed everything, store the container with the remedy in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Finally, you will simply have to pour your chia water in a glass and drink it.
To notice results with chia water, you will have to drink 2 glasses a day (one on an empty stomach and one before dinner) for at least a week, until you feel better. In this way, you will be able to purify your colon of all kinds of impurities and toxic substances.
In this other article on How to Take Chia Seeds, we tell you more ways to take these seeds to improve health.