A colon cleanse may be necessary from time to time, especially in people who often suffer from disorders such as constipation. The best way to detoxify the colon is aloe vera, a natural and very effective product. To do this, cut a piece, remove the skin carefully and extract the gel to take it or mix it with other ingredients such as lemon, flaxseed or pineapple. You can take it daily for a week.
If you need to detoxify and deflate this part of the body with an effective and healthy cleanse, do not miss this article in which we tell you in more detail how to clean the colon with aloe vera step by step and with different preparations, so you can choose the one that best suits you.
Properties of aloe vera to cleanse the colon
Aloe vera is a plant widely used as a natural remedy around the world, and it is very effective to treat different conditions, from problems such as constipation to skin problems. It is one of the most used home remedies to treat problems in the colon, which may need help to eliminate waste, toxins and function properly.
When this part of the intestine is obstructed, it tells us that we need a colon cleanse through symptoms such as constipation, abdominal discomfort and inflammation of the abdomen. It is very important to pay attention to these signs because, if we ignore them and the problem worsens, we will feel heavy, with constant pain in the lower part of the belly and, even, we will have problems to absorb nutrients well from food, since the walls of this part of the intestine will not be able to work properly to obtain them.
Aloe vera contains water, aloin, fibers, vitamins (A, B and C), minerals (manganese, calcium, potassium and sodium) and acids (folic, salicylic and cinnamamonic). Thanks to this composition, among the properties of aloe vera to cleanse the colon we find the following:
- Improves bowel movement.
- Lubricates the gastrointestinal tract.
- It has laxative properties, which help cleanse and purge the digestive system.
- It eliminates toxins, bacteria, yeast and other accumulated waste, making it ideal for detoxifying the colon and, consequently, the entire body.
- It helps to evacuate and regulate intestinal transit.
- It helps to regenerate the mucosa of the colon.
- Promotes the balance of the intestinal flora.
- It stimulates the different digestive glands, improving the functioning of the intestines and stomach, as well as other organs responsible for digestion, such as the liver and gallbladder.
How to prepare aloe vera to cleanse the colon
The best way to take aloe vera to treat this part of the intestine is, without a doubt, to take a natural juice prepared at home. Although you can mix it with other effective ingredients for it, taking this medicinal plant alone is not only good for this detoxification, but it is also very beneficial for the body, since in this way its properties can be better used.
To prepare aloe vera juice to do a colon cleanse, gather these ingredients and follow these instructions:
- 1 aloe leaf
- 1 glass of water
Preparation and treatment
- Cut the leaf of the plant, wash it with cold water, open it vertically and extract the gel from inside.
- Add the gel to the blender or blender and add a glass of water.
- Process until a well-integrated mixture is left.
- Store the mixture in the fridge.
- Take 1 glass every morning on an empty stomach, if it is somewhat thick you can add in half a glass of water only 2 or 3 tablespoons of the juice made with this gel.
- You can take this remedy daily for up to 7 days.
Apart from making aloe vera juice, taking aloe vera capsules is another suitable way to take aloe vera to treat the colon and end constipation and other similar problems. The usual thing is to take 1 tablet a day, however, it is advisable to consult it previously with the doctor in each case.
How to cleanse the colon with aloe vera and lemon
Another good option that we recommend is to do a colon cleanse with aloe vera and lemon. This fruit, thanks to its acids, such as citrus, vitamins, minerals and fibers is perfect to detoxify and purify the body, so it combines well in this remedy. Take advantage of the properties of both ingredients by preparing this aloe and lemon juice:
- 1 aloe leaf
- 1/2 glass of water
- The juice of 1/2 large lemon
- Cut the leaf of the plant, wash it and open it to get the natural gel.
- Extract the juice from half a large lemon or a small whole one.
- Blend the gel together with half a glass of water and lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into a large glass or bottle and store it in the fridge.
- Take 1 glass on an empty stomach every morning for 7 days.
Although lemon will help to better preserve this juice to cleanse the colon, it is still important that you do not exceed the treatment beyond 1 week.
Aloe vera and flaxseed for the colon
Flax or flaxseed seeds are another of the most used natural products to regulate intestinal transit, purify and detoxify the colon and the rest of the body. So, taking aloe vera and flaxseed to treat the colon is another good idea that will help you feel better. Pay attention to the ingredients you need and their easy preparation:
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 aloe leaf
Steps and treatment
- Prepare flaxseed water. Bring the water to a boil and when it reaches the boiling point add the seeds, letting it boil for 4 minutes. Remove the saucepan or pot from the heat and cover to let it sit for 3 minutes. Strain the flaxseed and pour the resulting water into a glass.
- Cut, wash and open the aloe leaf and extract its gel.
- Add the gel and flaxseed water to the blender and process the mixture.
- Drink 1 glass on an empty stomach and 1 glass before light dinner, for 7 days.
Another option is that, instead of preparing flaxseed water, you directly add the seeds in the aloe vera juice you prepare and take it mixed. In this case, follow the same indications of doses and days for treatment.
Aloe and pineapple to cleanse the colon
Finally, we advise you to purify your colon with pineapple, another fruit very suitable for it, as well as to regulate intestinal transit and lose weight. Pineapple contains fibers, water, vitamins and bromelain, components that give it the properties mentioned. To prepare aloe vera and pineapple to purify and cleanse the colon follow these indications:
- 2 pineapple slices
- 1 aloe leaf
- Cut, wash and open the leaf to remove the natural gel.
- Peel and cut the pineapple, with two slices enough.
- Add the aloe vera and pineapple in the blender and process the mixture until you get the juice.
- Take a large glass of this juice to do colon cleansing 2 times a day on an empty stomach for 1 week.
- When you overdo it, store it in the fridge for the next shot, but don't store it for more than three days in a row. It is better to make fairer amounts each time.