Cleansing the colon is very important for health and not only when we feel we have constipation, but when we feel weak, tired or with intestinal and stomach discomfort. In addition, keeping the colon clean is really important, since it is one of the parts of the body that absorbs more nutrients, but also accumulates more toxins, which hinders its proper functioning and that of the whole body.
It is actually very simple to do it and, to begin with, you have to drink a lot of water to help this process be done naturally. However, it is necessary to change some eating habits and use some remedy as a timely treatment. In this article we explain the most effective remedies for you to know how to cleanse the dirty colon naturally at home. Take note of all of them and choose the one that is most suitable for you.
How to cleanse the dirty colon
To cleanse the very dirty colon, either to maintain a good state of health or to improve from a problem that has already appeared, you can choose:
- Colon cleansing medical treatment.
- Pharmaceutical treatment with fiber intake.
- Home remedies to cleanse the colon naturally.
Next, we will focus on the most natural options to clean the intestines at home in a simple and healthy way.
Plántago for constipation and colon cleansing
To begin with, it must be clear that the best way to cleanse the colon at home is to increase the amount of fiber in the diet. Therefore, it is recommended that you review what you eat daily and increase the number of foods with fiber to cleanse the colon naturally. For example, be sure to eat apples, raspberries, pomegranate, borage, raisins, plums, dates, whole grains, and so on.
Apart from eating more foods rich in fiber, we recommend that if you wonder how to clean the intestines and colon naturally and you need to do a deep cleaning, for example in cases of severe constipation or a lot of toxin retention, it will be good to include in your diet also some plants with high amount of fiber. You can take them in salads, infusions or in capsules or sachets.
One of the plants best known for its powerful effect to cleanse the intestines, thanks to the high fiber content it has, is the seedling (Plantago Ovata). To consume this plant easily and very effectively, we advise you to buy a colon cleanser in pharmacies prepared from seedling and other plants indicated for colon detoxification, such as chrolella seaweed, inulin, plum powder, dried mint, aloe vera, anise seeds and flax seeds, among other possibilities.
To be effective you will have to follow the indications of the container or leaflet of the product or those given by the doctor or pharmacist. If you choose to include it in your food, make sure that in each main meal you make you include a little seedling and in meals between main hours, include other foods rich in fiber, such as the fruits mentioned above.
Home Remedies to Cleanse the Colon
Apart from treatment with pharmaceuticals such as seedling in sachets, you can use natural remedies for a colon cleanse that are effective. Among them, we propose the following, as they are the easiest and safest to use:
- Aloe vera or aloe vera.
- Lemon juice.
- Chia seeds.
- Apple cider vinegar.
In the following sections we explain how to use each of these remedies correctly.
How to cleanse the colon with aloe vera
A remedy worth trying if you're looking for how to cleanse your dirty colon quickly and naturally at home is one that includes one of the best-known plants around the world: aloe vera. It is a succulent plant that has been used in both medicine and beauty, for centuries, for its great effectiveness in breadth of aspects. Among the well-known benefits of aloe vera for health, its ability to detoxify the colon and cleanse the intestines stands out, thanks to the fact that it is a natural laxative, regulator of intestinal transit, lubricant, regenerator of the intestinal and digestive mucosa.
So, to know how to take aloe vera for a colon cleanse, follow these indications:
- 1 large aloe vera leaf
- 1 large glass of water
- Wash and open the aloe leaf, extract the gel you need and pour it into a blender.
- Add a large glass of mineral water and blend well, until the gel is waterier and more homogeneous.
- Store the remedy in the fridge and take it fresh.
- Take a glass every morning on an empty stomach, but if you find it thick you can add more water, which is good for cleansing your intestines.
- You will notice effects from the beginning, but you can take this natural mixture for 7 days in a row, but then you need to rest for another week before resuming it if necessary.
We recommend that you read this other article on How to Cleanse the Colon with Aloe Vera Step by Step to discover more details of this effective remedy.
Cleanse the colon with lemon at home
If you like citrus fruits this remedy is the most suitable for you, because lemon is a powerful depurative that allows you to eliminate a large amount of toxins from the body in a simple way. In addition, it is a natural disinfectant so it can help to perform a deep cleaning if it combines well with other remedies that are more laxative, for example, with aloe vera.
How to cleanse the colon naturally at home using lemon? Well, the truth is that it is very simple, apart from increasing the amount of lemon you take per day you can prepare some remedies. You can simply add the juice of half a lemon to the glass of aloe vera on an empty stomach that we have explained in the previous section or you can prepare this other remedy:
- 1/2 liter of water
- Juice of 1 lemon
Preparation and treatment
- Boil the water for a few minutes so that it is very hot.
- Squeeze the lemon juice while the water boils and set aside.
- When you see that it is hot enough, remove it from the heat and now add the lemon juice.
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Drink this hot water with lemon on an empty stomach, as much as you can and, if you have leftovers, finish drinking it even if it is at a natural temperature throughout the morning.
- Take this remedy every morning for 7 days in a row.
- If you do not like the intense flavor, we recommend that you include a tablespoon of honey before adding sugar, because you will get more properties in this way.
How to clean the colon at home with chia
Cleansing the colon with chia is a totally natural way to achieve this and easy to do at home. In addition to including them regularly in your diet you can prepare chia water to drink it. Chia seeds are increasingly used for their great benefits, among which we highlight their ability to regulate intestinal transit, be depurative and anti-inflammatory, among other properties. Take note of these ingredients and steps on how to cleanse the dirty colon fast with chia:
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 liter of water
- The juice of 1 lemon
- In a large container or bowl put the indicated tablespoons of seeds and fill the water, ensuring that they are soaked for 1 hour.
- Prepare lemon juice, which we use because as we have seen before it is beneficial for colon cleansing.
- When the seeds have been sufficient soaking you will see that it has formed as a gel, if it is not yet leave them longer to soak until this texture appears.
- Once you have this gel, add the lemon juice in the container and stir well until everything is well integrated.
- Without straining the seeds, so you will take better advantage of its properties to clean the intestines, pass the mixture to a bottle or several, so you can take it easily.
- Before you start drinking this chia water with lemon, you will have to store the mixture in the fridge for at least 10 minutes. Take 2 glasses a day, one fasting and one in the afternoon. Remember to always store the mixture in the fridge.
How to cleanse the colon with apple cider vinegar
Finally, if you have constipation and are looking for how to cleanse your intestine and colon of feces and toxins, we recommend that you make use of apple cider vinegar. This product has great benefits, as it eliminates accumulated toxins, improves intestinal transit facilitating the breakdown of food, reduces heartburn and is anti-inflammatory. It is better that you acquire it as natural as possible to prepare this remedy with apple cider vinegar to cleanse the colon:
- 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 glass of water
- 1 tablespoon natural honey
- Add the water in a pot or saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Let it boil over high heat for 3 minutes or over medium heat for 5 minutes and remove from heat and cover it.
- When it warms add the apple cider vinegar and honey, stirring well until the ingredients are completely integrated.
- Drink this remedy when you are still warm.
- Take it on an empty stomach daily for 3 weeks.